• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Shop 'til you drop

anfieldsquirrel

Shop 'til you drop

THE ENGLAND EDITION

THE SCOTLAND EDITION

Hi everybody! I'm bringing you this piece of content which me ASHEZ and Tendirection were meant to be doing together some time ago. However, neither of them seemed to be doing it so I asked permission to go ahead and do it myself, they said yes so basically here I am!

What is this content going to be?

In this article I will be Sharing with you who I feel are the best players and possible bargains on FMH13 from the teams who were relegated from the top flight of each country. So this includes Prem, SpL, Liga BBVA and more! I will obviously not be able to do Australia due to them not having relegations.

So here we go I hope you enjoy it!

The England Edition;

England-flag2.jpg

barclays-premier-league-logo.jpg

About the league

The Barclays Premier League is arguably the best league in the world. With a mix of great foreign talent and some quality home grown players it makes for an exciting game no matter who you watch. If not the best, the BPL is certainly the most popular league in the world. Every team in the England Football League dream of playing in it. They all aim for that one goal. Football's richest prize. Promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

However, 3 teams in the 2011/12 season who had fought so hard for that goal actually lost the right to play in the league due to not gaining enough points and were relegated to the nPower Championship which is the second tier of English Football. One of these teams are one of only 5 modern premier league winners.

Let's meet the teams!

Blackburn Rovers

blackburnrovers1_bg.jpg

Blackburn are probably the best of the 3 teams who were relegated. As I mentioned before, they are one of only 5 teams who have won the modern premier league! Others are Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City. They won the premier league under the management of Kenny Dalglish. However, darker times have hit Ewood Park and since Sam Allardyce left Rovers they have struggled.

sam-allardyce.jpg

They then appointed Steve Kean as manager. Many fans were horrified by this appointment. They were proved right. Blackburn were very poor under Kean and he was the manager who was responsible for the relegation of Blackburn. The owners felt he could get them re-promoted, but they recently forced Kean to resign from his post as manager.

Steve-Kean-the-former-Bla-008.jpg

Eric Black is currently caretaker manager and will be hoping for the permanant job. However, The man who many believe will replace Kean is a man who was part of the title winning side in '95. Alan Shearer.

_45621798_shearer466.jpg

Possible bargains of FMH13

Player 1- Robbie Cotton

135001.jpg

Name- Robbie Cotton

Age in FMH13- 17

Price in FMH12- 1.5m

Position- D/MRC

Nationality- English

Predicted FMH13 value- £1m

Robbie is a quality little buy. His stats at the beginning are not good at all. Doesn't look anything like a premier league player. But after a bit of intensive training he can become a world beater. I promise you! He only starts at 16 in FMH12 so there is a good 20 seasons to get out of him. His shooting is awful before IT. But for the price at the beginning he's worth it. I'm sure Blackburn will be willing to sell him on the cheap as they won't see the potential like I do.

Stats before IT

ArZQu.png

Stats after IT

SgVUz.png

Player 2- David Goodwillie

David-Goodwillie-Blackburn-Rovers-Profile_2651870.jpg

Name- David Goodwillie

Age in FMH13- 23

Price in FMH12- 5.5m

Position- SC

Nationality- Scottish

Predicted FMH13 value- £2.5m

David is a goalscorer. Simple as that. He's only 22 in FMH12 and he's not gonna be a great quality striker for teams like Man U or Man City, but he will be quality for smaller prem teams. Due to a very mediocre season and being relegated, his value is likely to drop dramatically. However, chances are Balckburn will see him as a main striker which might bump his cost up for Balckburn. You should still be able to pick him up relatively cheap though. He's also on loan to Crystal Palace in season 1.

Stats before IT

quAPf.png

Stats after IT

jJBgw.png

Player 3- Amine Linganzi

Amine-Linganzi-Blackburn-Rovers-Squad-Profile_2706653.jpg

Name- Amine Linganzi Koumba

Age in FMH13- 22

Price in FMH12- 1.9m

Nationality- Congolese

Predicted FMH13 value- £2m

im not gonna lie i dont know much about this guy. I'm not going to pretend that i do either. But from the reviews and reports on him he seems to be really promising. After some IT his stats are good. They Are pretty good all round even before intensive Training. He looks as if he'll be good for many Prem teams, because I think his stats will be better in FMH13

Stats before IT

oOvPm.png

Stats after IT

PffZg.png

Bolton Wanderers

bolton.png

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is an English professional football club based in the area of Horwich in the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton, Greater Manchester. Founder members of the Football League, Bolton were a successful cup side in the 1920s, winning the FA Cup three times. The club won the cup a fourth time in 1958. A leaner spell followed, reaching a nadir in 1987 when the club spent a season in the Fourth Division. The club regained top-flight status in 1995 after a 15-year absence.

Bolton recently sacked manager Owen Coyle due to poor league performances. They were sitting in 18th place when he received his P45.

7525.jpg?946765271

Bolton are currently under Dual Caretaking management with Sammy Lee and Jimmy Phillips. The bookies are placing Mick McCarthy at 5/4 favourite and Ole Gunner Soljskaer at 3/1 second favourite.

Mick-McCarthy.jpg

240px-Ole_Gunnar_Solskjaer_Trondheim2011-1.jpg

Possible Bargains on FMH13

Player 1- Marcos Alonso

football-boots-marcos-alonso.jpg

Name- Marcos Alonso Mendoza

Age in FMH13- 21

Price in FMH12- 2.7m

Position- D/DML

Nationality- Spanish

Predicted FMH13 value- £4m

Marcos is a quality Left Back. He's an ex-Madrid player but it didn't work out for him and he made a sub-2m pounds move to Bolton a couple of years ago. He will probably be Bolton's main left back in FMH13. He can play at DML if you need him too. Also, if you need a Left Mid he's competent there. I expect his price to rise in 13 but I'm not sure.

Stats before IT

mRMNX.png

Stats after IT

Ha1WY.png

Player 2- David N'Gog

ngog1.jpg

Name- David N'Gog

Age in FMH13- 23

Price in FMH12- 8m

Position- SC

Nationality- French

Predicted FMH13 value- £5m

I will be very surprised if no one knows who David is. He used to play with PSG and Liverpool. It didn't really work out At either, but since joining Bolton his career has been great. Fulham were interested in signing him during summer but didn't for some reason. After some IT he is an amazing player. Hopefully he is better in FMH13.

Stats before IT

aTZWk.png

Stats after IT

mD2yx.png

Player 3- Marvin Sordell

Marvin-Sordell-008.jpg

Name- Marvin Anthony Sordell

Age in FMH13- 21

Price in FMH12- 6.25m

Position- SC

Nationality- English

Predicted FMH13 value- £3m

Marvin is alright ATM. He's not the best player in the world ill admit that. But when he gets some IT down his throat hell soon toughen up and his stats will start too show it. If SI rate him well enough, I reckon he can become one of the best 21 and under English strikers in the game. His pace is good an it will surely improve.

Stats before IT

ED58D.png

Stats after IT

ZBP5k.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves-badge.jpg

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (commonly referred to as Wolves) is an English professional association football club that represents the city of Wolverhampton in the West Midlands region. They are members of the Football League Championship, the second highest level of English football, after they were relegated from the Premier League during the 2011–12 season.The club was founded in 1877 and since 1889 has played at Molineux. Historically, Wolves have been highly influential, most notably as being founder members of the Football League, as well as having played an instrumental role in the establishment of the European Cup, later to become the UEFA Champions League.

Wolves recently appointed manager Ståle Solbakken in May 2012. He hasn't done as well as he could have, but remains the only manager out of the 3 relegated teams to keep his job. Many pundits are tipping him as favourite to leave next.

Stale-Solbakken-cant-wait-008.jpg

Possible bargains on FMH13

Player 1- Jamie O'Hara

Jamie-O-Hara.jpg

Name- Jamie Darryl O'Hara

Age in FMH13- 26

Price in FMH12- 4.7m

Position- MLC

Nationality- English

Predicted FMH13 value- £7m

Jamie O'Hara is a quality player, no one can deny that. He's a premier league standard midfielder, god knows why no teams snapped him up during the summer. In FMH12 he has a great stat spread from the start. It's even better after IT. He's gonna be a definite bargain in FMH13!

Stats before IT

qCw8K.png

Stats after IT

kEaWL.png

Player 2- Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

sylvan-ebanks-blake-75110394.jpg

Name- Sylvan Agustus Ebanks-Blake

Age in FMH13- 26

Price in FMH12- 5m

Position- SC

Nationality- English

Predicted FMh13 value- £3m

I don't honestly know much about him. But looking at his stats and reading reports about him, he seems a real class act! He seems to be able to bang the goals in well and his stats in FMH aren't too bad.

Stats before IT

g5nPD.png

Stats After IT

WPq0S.png

Player 3- Wayne Hennessy

WayneHennesseyPANickPotts1.jpg

Name- Wayne Robert Hennessey

Age inFHM13- 25

Price in FMH12- 2.8m

Position- GK

Nationality- Welsh

Predicted FMH13 value- £2.5m

Wayne is a superb goalkeeper. He's only 25 and he's up to the standard of the Premier league with a team like Reading or Southanpton. You can definitely find a use for him in most teams. His stat spread in FMH12 are very good aswell, hopefully better in FMH13...

Stats before IT

8g4Cm.png

Stats after IT

97mW5.png

the-end-old-movie.jpg

Thanks very much for reading. I'm sure some members (Jayze) will disagree with some of the players I've chosen and could pick better, but we can't all have it our own way.

The next edition from another country should be out with a few days.

This took me about 7 hours today to do all research, pictures, playing and just general effort. So some appreciation would be really great even if you don't like it.

I've been Anfieldsquirrel, thanks for reading!

Nice work mate, i agree with most the players you put but i feel you've over looked some better ones epecially with Bolton.

Blackburn has some solid picks but missing some great 2012 players like Hanley, Olsson (one of last years best wing backs) Formica and Rochina

I think Bolton has been your poorest picks since you've missed some quality players like Wheater, Holden, Davies and Lee while Wolves is solid since they don't have much else apart from Doyle and Hammill.

Anyway sorry if that feels overly critical since it isn't ment to, i'm just adding to the convo haha, great work mate and i'm looking forward to the next installment :D

Yeah they all should be great players on 2013, like i said great work and i look forward to more :D, sorry i didn't help out but you've made my idea look impressive lol while i also told you it was alot of work :P

Who you doing next?

I don't mind doing all the work ;) chances are no update will be as detailed again because I don't know enough about other leagues :L apart from SPL but that's 2 teams and one of them has not many players and the other is shit!

Probably a lower reputation league so I'm not leaving all te bad ones until the end when people will be less interested.

Good guide, although for the quality of players they had before selling, Wolves were the best team. Blackburn are now though as you said. I also agree with Ash Olsson should definitely have been in there but overall great idea and guide :)

Personally I believe you've used too many pictures but I love the idea and the general layout is great.

I have repped you for this brilliant work, just note some BB codes are showing/not working and you've in my opinion used too many BB codes to try and make it presentable and this is somewhat confusing.

As a general sidenote make sure you spell check things, I've seen things like FHM being posted so unless they're appearing naked as ladies in a magazine I doubt they will be in FHM ;).

Thanks very much everyone!

Dec- cheers! I done it all on my iPhone and I tried to check the spelling as much as I could, but as you'll know yourself the auto spell is damn annoying sometimes :( I tried to use alot of pictures just to break up the text so that its not just one piece of text :)

Nope still only 3 teams, Lecce were demoted to Liga Pro Prima (Serie C1) because of the match fixing, and Novara and Cesena just got relegated to Serie B.

Cesena - Luca Caldirola is not bad. He's co-owned by Cesena but should be permanent in FMH. Damjan Djokovic is preety good too irl.

Best players of Novara are there on loan (Mehmedi, Bardi, Alborno). Only Mathias Lepiller will be worth mentioning imho.

Good thread ^_^

Lecce have Chevanton, Jeda, Inacio Pia that ring a bell, Jeda is getting on a bit, but for Serie B sides the other two should be quality buys especially Chevanton.

Cheers Franco :) I need as much help as I can get :lol:

If anyone has any suggestions for any teams and players then that would be appreciated. It's a big task doing all this myself, so any help would be great!

Villarreal:

Beppe Rossi - injured but still beast.

Bruno Soriano - best midfielder in Segunda now.

Cavenaghi - not the youngest but still quality striker.

Musacchio - very good defender, could easily play in Atletico, Sevilla or Valencia

Gijon:

Miguel de las Cuevas - former Atletico Madrid player, versatile midfielder.

Oscar Trejo - young but already experienced forward

Roberto Canella - surely too good for Segunda

Hercules:

Fran Merida - former Barcelona, Arsenal and Atletico player ; maybe last few years werent too good for him but he's still a quality player

Juanmi Callejon - brother of Real Madrid player, not that good but could be useful for some Primera sides

Ismael Falcon - very solid gk

Braulio - good striker with very interesting past

Germany:

Hertha BSC:

Ronny, Lasogga, Ben Sahar, Lustenberger, Peredaj, Ben Hatira, Kraft, Allagui are all quality players.

Kaiserlautern:

Sippel, Fortounis, Baumjohann. Not as much as the other two tbh, but Fortounis is definitely a future star.

Cologne:

Horn, Jajalo, Clemens, Ujah. They've got a few youngsters worth looking at as well.

The Scotland Edition

thumbs_scotland-flag.jpg

chris-kay-07-08-spl-players-patch--pairs.gif

About the League

The Clydesdale Bank Premier League more commonly known as the Scottish Premier League (SPL) is generally classed as the two team league. Next season it will be known as the One Team league. There are 4 tiers of Scottish professional football; SPL, Division 1, 2 and 3. Many 1st division teams have what it takes to compete with the teams in the SPL. This is probably because the league is so bad that the standard is so low. There are many teams in the Scottish football ladder who lack ambition. There are teams in the 2nd division who are just happy to be there. That's why it's pretty easy for teams who want to go places they will get there.

In the 2011/12 season 2 teams were relegated from the SPL for only the second time! It's usually 1 team who finish in 12th place. But this year a team who finished 2nd place was relegated. For the first time ever, a team from the SPL was demoted straight to the bottom tier, the 3rd division.

Lets meet the teams!!

Glasgow Rangers F.C.

Rangers-badge-001.jpg

Rangers Football Club is a football club based in Glasgow, Scotland that plays in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League. Their home ground is the 51,082-capacity all-seater Ibrox Stadium in the south-west of the city.

12040860.jpg

During the 2011/12 season all of Rangers financial difficulties were aired in public. It had been discovered they had been using illegal money to buy multi-million pound players over the last few years. Also, they had been signing unofficial contracts with players and that has landed them in hot water. However, they didn't get caught by doing this, they were caught because the owner at the time (Craig Whyte) had failed to pay the clubs taxes. This caused a massive police investigation and the trouble was much worse than anyone expected!

240965-latest-in-craig-whytes-bid-to-takeover-rangers-410x230.jpg

On the 14th of February 2012 Rangers' application for Administration was accepted. Duff and Phelps were the chosen administrators and took control of the the club from Craig Whyte. Later in the year, 12th of June, Rangers' were officially liquidated and had to form a new company. "The rangers" applied for SPL status to be granted. The 12 SPL clubs (including Rangers) had a vote on whether they would be allowed to play in the SPL. The vote had to be an 8-4 majority in Rangers' favour. Many clubs revealed how they were voting befor the official vote. Rangers' seemed to be doomed. They were. 10 of the SPL clubs voted "NO" to Rangers playing in the SPL. 1 club (rangers) voted "yes" and Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnstone abstained from the vote. So the decision was 10 against and 1 for Rangers. Rangers then applied for status in the SFL. They were rejected a position in the First Division. The 30 SFL Clubs had a vote on whether they could play in division 3, 29 voted "YES" and 1 club voted "NO" so Rangers will start the 2012/13 season in the 3rd division.

As a result of the "newco" being formed, many of Rangers' top players rejected to play for Rangers' in the 3rd division. Players such as Steven Naismith, Jamie Ness and Steven Davis all made big moves to the Barclays Premier League. So Rangers' were stuck with youth players and had to make transfers as much as they could due to having a 12 month transfer embargo from 1st September 2012 until the same date in 2013. They signed quality SPL players, but for some reason have made a poor start to their 3rd division campaign.

Player 1- Andy Little

18353271.JPG

Name- Andrew Little

Age in FMH13- 23

Price in FMH12- 150k

Position- D/FRC

Nationality- Northern Irish

Predicted FMH13 value- 200k

Andy is a good player. He will be great in FmH13 for SPL teams apart from Celtic. A couple of 1st divisions teams might be able to afford him, it depends how biased SI are towards Rangers in FMH13, because he is a 3rd division player and shouldn't be expensive!! He has scored 8-10 goals already for Rangers this season! He will bang in the goals for you in FMH13!!

Stats before IT

y1xIX.png

Stats after IT

IDQqX.png

Player 2- David Templeton

_46551791_david_templeton_226b_sns.jpg

Name- David Cooper Templeton

Age in FMh13- 23

Price in FMH12- 825k

Position- AMRL

Nationality- Scottish

Predicted FMH13 value- 450k

David is a quality winger! He could probably do a shift for any championship team and lower Premier League teams! I have no idea why he ruined his career by moving to a 3rd division club. He left a club who were still in Europe! Money is probably the only reason he left. His stats in FMH12 are amazing for an SPL player. He could possibly be picked up very cheap in FMH13!! Any SPL team would be happy with him in their team.

Stats before IT

dIIQp.png

Stats after IT

SeNQt.png

Player 3- Dean Shiels

Dean-Shiels0_2106774c.jpg

Name- Dean Andrew Shiels

Age on FMH13- 27

Price in FMH12- 140k

Positions-

Nationality- Northern Irish

Predicted FMH13 value- 350k

Dean Shiels is a fantastic versatile attacking player. He can play anywhere from CM upwards. He was nominated for SPL player of the year last year and narrowly missed out too Charlie Mulgrew. Dean was Kilmarnock's best player last year and scored lots of vital goals. He scored the goal that sent Kilmarnock into the final of the league cup and also scored the winner vs Rangers at Ibrox! In FMH his stats are pretty average. They should be much better in FMH13.

Stats before IT

gQeEw.png

Stats after IT

3PQiE.png

Dunfermline Athletic

0,,10288~3079911,00.jpg

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club are a Scottish football team based in Dunfermline, Fife, commonly known as just Dunfermline. They currently compete in the Scottish First Division.

They play at East End Park and are nicknamed The Pars. They are currently managed by Jim Jefferies who was appointed in March 2012 taking over from Jim McIntyre.

The 2010–11 season was the club's fourth season in the second tier of Scottish football, during which they won the championship and clinched promotion back to the Scottish Premier League after a five year stint away.

The club shares rivalries with fellow Fife sides Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers as well as Falkirk.

Player 1-Joe Cardle

cardle.jpg

Name- Joseph Cardle

Age in FMh13- 25

Price in FMH12-120k

Positions- AMRL

Nationality-Scottish

Predicted value on FMH13- 110k

Joe is a tricky winger who loves beating opponents whether its using speed or skill. His dribbling and speed combined are just sublime. He definitely deserves to be playing in the SpL and you could possibly pick him up on the cheap. His stats on FMH aren't bad for the SPL!!

Stats before IT

31waY.png

Stats after IT

Rp7Pp.png

Player 2- Andrew Barrowman

photo_14243_wide_crop.jpg

Name- Andrew Barrowman

Age in FMh13- 27

Price in FMH12- 70k

Positions-SC

Nationality- Scottish

Predicted value on FMH13- 50k

Andrew is an out-and-out goalscorer. Simple as that. That's something many SPL teams are lacking, he can fit right in to at least half of the SpL teams. He's been around, he started off at Rangers and has played for Inverness and Kilmarnock since. He knows his way around the football pitch due to all the experience he's had. But, at 27 he's not too old so you can't complain. He will score goals for you in FMh13. GUARANTEED!

Stats before IT

RMyst.png

Stats after IT

KcXJD.png

Player 3- Jordan McMillan

Name- Jordan McMillan

Age in FMh13- 23

Price in FMH12- 45k

Positions- DRC

Nationality- Scottish

Predicted value on FMH13- 50k

Jordan is a product of Rangers' youth academy. He is a rock solid defender. He's been on loan too various clubs such as Queen of the South and Wrexham. Despite only being 23, Jordan knows how too handle himself and has bags of potential and experience. He's very promising in FMH and he should be even better in next years edition!

Stats before IT

vC8WC.png

Stats after IT

lZQzS.png

the-end-old-movie.jpg

Cheers for reading guys! Comments would be superb!