Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe How to upload content to vibe from your iOS/android device

anfieldsquirrel

Hello all. It's Anfieldsquirrel here, and I'm bringing you a rather unique guide today. I am going to show all you iOS users out there how to upload content/careers to FMHvibe of decent quality straight from you iOS device. I am not sure about android but Jplummz has kind of helped me out there, but it may not be 100% accurate sorry. 

Every career/content I do is straight from my phone, so if you'd like to learn how to do the same, please read on.

I will also include a tutorial on how to post FMH videos straight to YouTube from your iOS device. Everything included on this tutorial is absolutely FREE! So sit back and enjoy while I show you all the hard work. Thanks

Uploading content to FMHvibe

Getting Started:

Okay, you've got your iOS device right? This works with iPhone, iPod and iPad devices. I'm not sure what the lowest iOS you need is. I'm guessing iOS 3/4. Check that everything is up to date. Make sure your app store is working fine, make sure your screen-shotting function on your device is working fine. Now you are ready to go!

What you will need:

• A working iOS device (or android)
  • Working Screen-shotting function
  • A working App-store
  • Imgur Photo uploader app
  • Football Manager Handheld (any year)
  • An FMHvibe account
  • An active career in FMH

iOS

Getting the apps

The first app you will need is Imgur photo uploader. Type "imgur" into your search bar on the app store. Once you have done this, 2 Imgur apps will appear. One will be titled "Imgur photo uploader" and the other will be called "Imgur app" I recommend that you download the first one as that is the one I use and the guide is based on. I'm sure the "Imgur app" will do the same job though if you have that.

fVDJ8.png
rsvWY.png

Now you've downloaded that you are now able to upload pictures to the site.

The Next app you need is football manager handheld. The only version available on the AppStore at the moment is Football Manager Handheld 2012. If you play either FMH2010 or FMH2011 then this is easily going to work the same. I can guarantee it will also work with FMH2013 which will be out in the next 2 weeks. I'm sure anyone on this site with an iOS device will have FMH on their device. But invade you dont, here's what it looks like.

Ms5Rm.png

It is the top option which should be £6.99 if I'm not mistaken. They may well have a special on at the moment which means it may be £2.99. If not I still recommend buying it, or wait until FMH2013 is out which is also going to be £6.99.

Screen-shotting

If I'm not mistaken all iDevices have the ability to take a picture of its screen. To do this you must hold the home button which is just underneath your screen. It is the circle button with the square inside. Then whilst your holding this you must then press the lock/power button which is at the top of your device. You can now use this to take any pictures of players, fixtures or stats you'd like to share with the FMH community. Now the picture is saved to your camera roll which can be found in photos.

How to get your photos from your camera roll onto FMHvibe:

This is where the Imgur app comes in. Once you have taken your chosen picture then open up your Imgur app from the home screen. Once you open the app, it will appear like this;

3aMtj.png

NOTE: you don't need an Imgur account.

At this menu you will press the "CHOOSE PHOTO" option. Once you have done this it should appear like this;

dC2sY.png

now click "camera roll" and then it will come up with all your pictures, chose your picture you want to upload. Once you have clicked it you will see this menu;

a29iC.png

Now press "Upload" and it will take a few seconds for the next menu to appear. Sometimes it can take a while, but usually no longer than a minute! It usually takes 5-10 seconds. The next menu you will see is;

286Ut.png

You should now click "get embedded codes" which is near the bottom. Once you have clicked that, you will be faced with this;

v8987.png

Click the second option down entitled "BBCode" it will then come up with a box on the screen saying "copied" your now able to post this picture to vibe.

Posting to vibe:

If you have followed everything so far very closely, you are now ready to post to vibe!! So go to safari and type in "FMHvibe" into your search bar. Then sign in. Now go to a career you have created or create a new one and title it whatever you wish. 

You can then use various codes to spice up your posts a bit. I will list these later in this post to show you how to do these. 

Now after you've done your fancy titles and what not your ready to add in your picture!! You will now click on the screen just once or twice and 3 options should appear. One saying "select" "select all" and finally "paste" you will click "paste" and it'll show the link to your picture, but don't worry! Once you post it will appear as a picture. 

You can upload as many pictures as yu like but unfortunately there is no option on the Imgur app to multi-upload so you'll have to do each picture separately. This is easy enough and you'll just repeat my steps above, but it can be rather time consuming with a lot of pictures.

Android

Many steps are the exact same for android as iOS. You will have to have a new-ish phone for this. This is because older phones don't have the ability to screen shot. If you have a new phone then it should be okay just to press the home+lock button. Of
You have an older phone then you may have to "root" your phone. I think this is similar to jailbreaking your device but Jplummz informs me you can do a lot more if your phone is rooted. If you don't have your phone rooted and it's not a new phone then you may have to research if there is some sort of app, but I'm unsure on this sorry.

Some codes you can use

Bold -

[b]TEXT[/b]

Italic -

[i]TEXT[/i]

Center -

[center]TEXT[/center]

Image -

[img]HTTP://LINK.COM/IMAGE.PNG

URL -

[url=HTTP://LINK.COM]TEXT

Uploading videos to YouTube from your iOS device:

To do this you must take whatever screenshots you need and then download the "splice" app. Download the free version as there is no difference from the paid version apart from the fact there is no adverts in the paid version. Once you've downloaded this click "new project". You are now ready to create your video. You can add pictures, music and audio in as you please.

Once you have done this and are happy with it, click "export" wait for it to do this and then it will be available in your camera roll. Now go onto the video in your camera roll and press the box with an arrow coming out of it on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Press that and various options with come up. Click "upload to YouTube" and the. It will come up with a YouTube screen, you now sign Into your YouTube account and then give it a title and description of your choice. You now wait for it to upload. Then it is done!

Thanks to everyone for reading. Credit to Jplummz for helping with ye android side of things. I hope this helps out a lot of people and saves them using a computer. Everything involved on here is completely FREE OF CHARGE. Thanks!

Great guide, by the way, I use the imgur app too! It's just a bit strange that the unofficial uploading app is higher rated, and higher up on search, than the official app. imgur sort it out!

Thank you :)

Which do you use?

No problem, it honestly is a good guide! And I use the one you've used in the guide, just because of the higher ratings. I could try out the other one for you, if you want, and give you some feedback?

I've swapped to using this, but all the images I upload from the app are huge. Any ideas why? If you don't know how big, check the Joel Campbell iScout, and no, this is not self-promotion.

No, there's no point since the full guide pretty much is on the one i use ;) thanks for the offer.

No problem, yeah that's completely understandable.

I've swapped to using this, but all the images I upload from the app are huge. Any ideas why? If you don't know how big, check the Joel Campbell iScout, and no, this is not self-promotion.

Do you own a tablet? I think screenshots are the exact size of your screen, so a screenshot of an iPad would be massive. Mind you, I'm not sure!

Is there a way upload multiple images at a given time? I have done some forum trawling (here and elsewhere), but I have had no joy. I am on iOS on 3rd Gen iPad. Imgupr is great, but it takes too long for individual images to be uploaded, means I have to attend to the whole process. I would prefer to just select all the images, let it go, and come back when it is done - ?

Is there a way upload multiple images at a given time? I have done some forum trawling (here and elsewhere), but I have had no joy. I am on iOS on 3rd Gen iPad. Imgupr is great, but it takes too long for individual images to be uploaded, means I have to attend to the whole process. I would prefer to just select all the images, let it go, and come back when it is done - ?

I use to use Photobucket. And they have an Android app(they might have an iOS app). But I was able to upload as many images as I want at one time to my photobucket account.

with imgur, I can go into the Gallery(where my photos are) and select whichever ones I want and hit the "media share" button and then click the imgur icon and it uploads multiple photos at once