Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 The Race to Be Perfect: What Race?

MerlionMaple96

The Race to be Perfect? What Race?

The Race to be Perfect. What Race? I don’t understand. If this really is a race, where are all my competitors? Ahhh yes, I remember now. They were all too afraid of my superior abilities that they turned down the challenge. Oh well, I suppose that I shall venture forth anyways. After all, this is a test of intellect, bravery and character. And I, never back down from a challenge.

Needless to say, this is my attempt at the “Race to be Perfect Challenge” posted by Ashez a few weeks back. Here is a link to the challenge itself:

Anywho, my knowledge of the Blue Square Bet North/South was incredibly poor and as such I had no idea who to manage! In such difficult situations there was only one thing I trusted to help me make tough decisions. This thing is, of course, a random number generator. So, what did I do? Why, I googled for a random number generator and set the limit on the generator at 22 before clicking the magic button and voila! It came back with the number 9. So I googled the Blue Square Bet South division and picked the team that happened to be 9th in the table at the time. This team just so happened to be...

APT2ysgl.gif

Dorchester Town! And so I began my journey at a club I had never even heard of previously...

2012/2013 - Season 1

The Team and The Tactic

Transfers

etXZrdWl.jpg

Starting XI

Oxy3FUcl.jpg

Player Roles

XgDXNuZl.jpg

Team Instructions

7EV8q7ll.jpg

The Season

FA Trophy

uoXWBZel.jpg

Disappointing Really :(

FA Cup

UX4YWZql.jpg

At least we got into the main event!

League Play

6mrUC2zl.jpg

Bring on the Blue Square Bet Premier :)

Player Stats

Average Rating

H6NXEhfl.jpg

Assists

7nE9NERl.jpg

Goals

yIGygsMl.jpg

ME

BkV4zs4l.jpg

Ahhh...what a satisfying season! Me and my team had a wonderful time against much inferior opposition, scoring for fun and having a good time. Next season will be much harder though as with promotion come more talented opponents. Hopefully I’ll be able to beef up the team and achieve something similar to what I did this season yet again. Anywho, thanks for reading and it would be totally awesome to get some comments!

Nice work, btw did you look at Bosmans? Usually you can pick up some pretty sweet players (especially lower level) at pretty much any stage, should help you beef up your side for the challenge of promotion :D

APT2ysgl.gif

2013/2014 - Season 2

The Team

Transfers

yZ6Wbpbl.jpg

ahjWiGdl.jpg

Nathan Lockwood: Welsh Wizard III

SIu9wW8l.jpg

Look familiar? Nobody tell Peely I stole him from Athletico's secret laboratory! I don't think he was going to use him anyway

:P

Starting XI

5HqkpcTl.jpg

The Season

FA Trophy

2fCdvOyl.jpg

At least we made it one round higher than last season!

FA Cup

E31NtoOl.jpg

One round lower than last season :(

League Play

MXSC4ukl.jpg

Gutted...then again I was surprised that we did this well, especially after a horrible start that saw us languishing in the lower vestiges of the table :O At least we made the Play-Offs!

Play-Offs

v4iRWEul.jpg

Eeked out a win in the away leg

:)

saSOCGyl.jpg

Emphatic victory to set up the stage for the final!

406aba7l.jpg

Was about to freak out after their 87th minute equalizer if not for Gleeson's Heroics. Bring on NPower League 2!

Player Stats

Average Rating

YGGj6Vpl.jpg

Assists

0wid74pl.jpg

Goals

xyPfz5Gl.jpg

ME

YODqzyel.jpg

Another satisfying season, although this one nearly gave me a heart attack. As I suspected, this season was no walk in the park and only god knows how we're going to manage this in League 2 next season. I’ will be keeping my eyes peeled for any promising regens, but with the lack of monetary resources, I have no idea if I can afford anyone half decent. Anywho, thanks for reading and it would be totally awesome to get some comments!

Hey nice season there! Also may I suggest you do a player feature every update? Like write about one of your new transfers. :)

APT2ysgl.gif

2014/2015 - Season 3

The Team

Transfers

TmVBDnX.jpg

Arthur Gomis: Who is this Guy?

6mjpX5J.jpg

Anyone Recognise Him? I certainly don't!

Starting XI

eqyGBk9.jpg

The Season

League Cup

hR18Ic3.jpg

And that's called getting served :(

FA Cup

4vCK5kw.jpg

Nothing New Here

League Play

yUzaats.jpg

Horrendous season...then again, I am surprised that we did this well. It wasn't till after the season had ended that I realised that 3 of my back 4 were all from original squad. A.K.A, they all suck! Explains why we let in 80-odd goals  :O At least we made the Play-Offs!

Play-Offs

Pz8smtx.jpg

Eeked out a win in the away leg  :)

MGqZ36C.jpg

Yay! We're going to the final!

20l2itk.jpg

Huh, thwarted by my less than satisfactory defense yet again :( Oh well, back I go to the drawing board...

Player Stats

Average Rating

V7JTlaD.jpg

Assists

PCsNQqJ.jpg

Goals

WkPsd0c.jpg

ME

5ePpCBw.jpg

An iffy season really, although we nearly progressed to League 1. Unfortunately, my frugality as far as spending on defense has come back to bite me. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for defensive talent this summer and I only hope that I can gain promotion next season. If my defense continues to leak goals however, I may be forced to switch up tactics. Anywho, thanks for reading and it would be totally awesome to get some comments!

Your squad is looking strong and you MUST SPEND ON DEFENCE!!!!

(Like spend your entire budget on a good new defender or get a Bosman signing asap)

Also, I have no idea who Gomis is lol

You also must BUY defenders from your division!

I hate it when that happens! Nationality is mixed and I have two or three amazing Saint Lucian wing backs...

Your squad is looking strong and you MUST SPEND ON DEFENCE!!!!

(Like spend your entire budget on a good new defender or get a Bosman signing asap)

Also, I have no idea who Gomis is lol

Yup, no Idea who he is either! Honestly, I had not even heard of Martinique before I bought him. He must be a regen with a changed nationality...

You also must BUY defenders from your division!

I hate it when that happens! Nationality is mixed and I have two or three amazing Saint Lucian wing backs...

I know! It makes it ridiculously difficult to identify the regen. Anywho, I really must buy some proper centre backs! Going forward is no problem, just gotta fix up the D and we should be good to go.

Unlucky on promotion mate but 20/20 is a far way away ;)

Cheers Ash! I'll worry about the 20/20 once I'm up a few levels! Right now, it's about promotion...

My best guess would be that he's changed nation so you'll have to look at all nationalities, maybe through new save editor (PA search?)

APT2ysgl.gif

2015/2016 - Season 4

The Team

Transfers

UHTRyLpl.jpg

hNH5V2ql.jpg

Beefin' up the Defense

Owen Jennings - Left Back

B1e09Gsl.jpg

Andy Halls - Right Back

eIv0CQdl.jpg

Marcus Johnson - Center Back

G8Dj5mUl.jpg

Paul Roberts - Centre Back

xeClZINl.jpg

Starting XI

XN5KUxZl.jpg

The Season

League Cup

BoWwrBAl.jpg

Just as bad as last season  :(

FA Cup

BZ2LyYbl.jpg

Not much better here either :(

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

k42ZDEKl.jpg

Finally we win a Cup! :)

League Play

sVtzQc3l.jpg

Woot woot! We blew the competition away! Sizzling season which I'm really pleased about. Bring on NPower League 1 

Player Stats

Average Rating

wQCb2YOl.jpg

Assists

R6epfsPl.jpg

Goals

3vZAeigl.jpg

ME

Hovhucll.jpg

Overall, a solid season which sees us promoted to League 1. As far as manager stats go, I'm getting there ever so slowly, although I need to raise my Domestic Player Bias quite a bit. Hopefully, I can gain another promotion next season after which I'll start to focus on raising that particular stat by bringing in more English faces. Anywho, thanks for reading and it would be totally awesome to get some comments!

APT2ysgl.gif

2016/2017 - Season 5

The Team

Transfers

beY7ukql.jpg

dwcB36vl.jpg

6umHvMyl.jpg

The Dreaded "Big Club Release Clause"

AJKCzrZl.jpg

There goes Giggs' regen :( 

Starting XI

bZUymRBl.jpg

The Season

League Cup

PMb7iahl.jpg

Made it quite far this time 'round   :P

FA Cup

xPo8HIjl.jpg

Done by Sturridge  :(

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

QWrxwbtl.jpg

We retain our trophy  :)

League Play

b1KFva6l.jpg

Not as solid as last season, but still blew the rest of the competition out of the water :)

Player Stats

Average Rating

DwkTDw3l.jpg

Assists

btOw8rLl.jpg

Goals

ImHy9Ohl.jpg

ME

dxH03uPl.jpg

Overall, a very solid season which sees us promoted to the Championship. As far as manager stats go, everything is well on track and my domestic player bias is improving as well. My goal next season is to, of course, reach the heights of the Premier League as well as bring in more English faces to raise my domestic player bias even more... Anywho, thanks for reading and it would be totally awesome to get some comments!

APT2ysgl.gif

2017/2018 - Season 6

The Team

Transfers

BiqXY7Dl.jpg

Starting XI

TnDAMcFl.jpg

The Season

League Cup

ozDnclVl.jpg

Early Exit #1  :P

FA Cup

GQ01UjVl.jpg

Early Exit #2  :(

League Play

Went into the last game of the season needing just a draw to secure automatic promotion. This is what happened:

Zoa4Masl.jpg

F*** you Palace!

Final Standings

jUc9hfal.jpg

Playoff Semi-Final

First Leg

kJeppaKl.jpg

Take that you bastards :P

Leg Two

gbMcpDkl.jpg

And that! :P

Playoff Final

bjCt7Asl.jpg

Nearly crapped my pants on that one! Premier League here come Dorchester Town!

Player Stats

Average Rating

WxUK4dhl.jpg

Assists

p5pdotdl.jpg

Goals

cwrNM29l.jpg

ME

74fFtx0l.jpg

Overall, a very solid season which sees us promoted to the Premier League. As far as manager stats go everything is looking just peachy but I need to start selling off my foreign talent and go only British in the next few seasons. My goal next season is to hopefully sneak into the top four as well as raise my domestic player bias to 15ish. Anywho, thanks for reading and I would love it if I got more comments than just the usual faces :)