Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Truro

AlexP

I have been inspired by OHP's career and with his permission I am starting a similar one of my own.

OHP started with Hinckley United who IRL finished bottom of the BSB North. I will be managing Truro City who IRL ended the season bottom of the BSB South.

The aim is the same, to bring Truro to the top of the football world. No unlockables will be used.

Once I began I relized the severity of my task.

We would be starting the season with -10 points

tpMyr0a.png

The club is well over budget

0BandnL.png

I start with a small and weak squad

CTlduCF.png

Well I choose Truro for a challenge and that's what I've got.

Good luck Alex

Even though Truro finished better than Hinckley IRL I can see that your challenge is a lot more difficult than mine - minus 10 points, no money and not enough players :ph34r: Very interesting task you have started upon !

I'll look forward to read about your way to the top with Truro :)

OHP

Season 1 review 2012/13

Truro win BSB South

TOGKE1K.jpg

Despite starting the season with -10 points and in a financial crisis. Truro City defied all the odds to win the league.

Transfers

8ubKMZJ.jpg

Due to being well over budget my hands were tied, no free players would sign for the £70 maximum weekly wage I could offer. I was forced to promote some youth players.

League

AoayyiS.png

Truro was 3 points behind Havant & Waterlooville with 1 game to play, we won and they lost giving us the title on the final day, on goal difference.

Star Player

yxNpGs5.png

The 1 good player I inherited, 27 year old Stewart Yetton.

Best 11

LUvF5hE.png

I used my 4-2-3-1 formation which worked great.

Manager Comment

Due to Truro's problems I was very surprised how well we performed in the league. I would of taken a respectable league position, so I'm very happy we won the league. I am worried about next season because at the moment all my players contracts are due to expire and due to the clubs poor finances I am unable to negotiate with any players. Fingers crossed I get a decent budget for next season.

Hi Alex

Fantastic results given Truro's financial situation - this is against all odds ;) . I hope you get enough on your budget next season to negotiate with your key players !

Well done mate brilliant season :)

Hi Alex Fantastic results given Truro's financial situation - this is against all odds ;) . I hope you get enough on your budget next season to negotiate with your key players !

Thanks for your comments

Season 2 Review 2013/14

Truro lose in playoff final

RA8U8aU.png

Transfers

OfFOldy.png

Ah2DkK1.png

League

qAZOHkZ.png

Star Player

LTpPDzG.png

Despite only being 16 and unable to play many games due to becoming jaded easily. When played the young Irishman was incredible.

Best 11

7lZ7RRK.png

Manager Comment

I would have loved promotion but in the end it may be a blessing in disguise. I've had stricked budgets to work with and have had to just rush young players due to lack of funds and squad depth. Hopefully a better budget will allow me some freedom in the transfer market. Defence is the weakness, lacking experience. So that's my priority in the transfer market.

You came so close but so far. Unlucky mate but the next season, I see promotion  :D

Thanks for the comment TUG. I hope your prediction comes true

Season 3 Review 2014/15

Truro Win BSB Premier

ThkCzEM.jpg

Transfers

ZCE7uVD.png

p9TrXDl.png

League

uU4zvOK.png

Star Player

WXPn12K.png

He became jaded easily, but when played the 17 year old was to hot to handle.

Best 11

57lZEew.png

Started the season the same as I finished the season before, out of form. But changing a few player roles worked a treat. If you want see what player roles I changed check out Version 2 of my 4-2-3-1 formation.

Manager Comment

Im very pleased with winning the league and gaining promotion. The 1st time I've been happy with my squad. But getting promoted means there's still room for improvement and I'll have loan players to replace.

Massive season, well done :D

I knew you would get promotion mate :D. Well done this is a great season :D

Great season mate :)

Just read through the whole thing mate well done! Keep it up mate :)

Really good season mate, well done. :)

Really good stuff, and an interesting challenge. How are your finances looking now?

Thanks very much to everyone for your comment, it's highly motivating.

Prevalence my finances have been significantly boosted since promotion to the football league.

JYdWkFU.png