Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Playing As A Scout:

Ashez

Playing As A Scout:

Many members on Vibe see themselves as pretty nifty in the transfer market and a lot of us feel we have the ability to find the gems of the games and the Iscout forum is a real testament to this. People have created some fantastic careers on this site with most of us choosing to play as managers, while others have dipped into the depths of playing as the owner or as the director of football, but none of us have ever played as a scout! That's correct this challenge is a relatively easy challenge to play as you don't really need to play much at all if you chose not to, the idea of the save is to play as a scout so i'll leave the managing options for you to decided.

How Do You Play As A Scout?:

Playing football manager as a scout seems a daunting task but it's actually not that difficult, to play as the scout for your chosen club you find the players you'd like to recommend to the manager and shortlist them, once you have your shortlisted players decided you holiday the transfer window with the "make signings from shortlist" option selected. This way you've recommend targets to the manager and asked him to sign them, it's then his call if he trusts your judgement or not!

The Target:

It's hard to put an aim on this type of challenge so i'd suggest just playing while you find it fun however if you need that sense of achievement depending on if your playing the save or just holidaying set yourself a goal to win the Champions League or every competition open to you.

The Rules:

1. You may play as the manager as well if you chose but you must holiday all transfer windows!

2. Due to holidaying whole transfer windows your shortlists must be ready before the window opens.

3. You must Holiday the day before the window until the day after it closes

4. If you decided to holiday the entire career you can set your own formation

5. Own formation only

6. No use of the save editor or txt change editor

5. Try and stay away from players you know as this will make the challenge more fun

6. The community and myself would appreciate it if you Iscouted some of your finds

7. A career is recommended

8. Make sure you remember to set your holiday options!

9. You may set the options to sell players for you or move clubs

10. You are not allowed to use the in game scouting features, you must use your own judgement! Your the scout remember!

11. Have fun :D

Cheers for viewing, i hope you like this idea as it has me rather excited to be honest, as always i'd love to hear your views and opinions.

Nice one, I thought this was gonna be like director of football or owner but it's not :D. Nice idea, though I'm not sure if it's for me tbh, I like my targets to like me :P

We'll see but hopefully, it wont be for a while though as i have 3 active saves atm and i need to start another one pretty soon :).

I tried starting this with Arsenal and demoting the full first team and I short listed at least 7 players per position so like at least 70/80 players of decent standard.. And the assistant bought 2 of the worst players I shirt listed :lol:

Are you allowed no human sackings? Just wondering as I normally get sacked after a few months :P

Yeah sure :). I would normally say no but for a holiday save it is needed :)