Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 10 Leagues, 9 Old Men and 800 Goals

10 Leagues, 9 Old Men and 800 Goals

EJQMB37l.jpg

Concept

This challenge is deceptively simple to propose but devilishly difficult to attempt. In essence, it is a highly convoluted goal challenge, The target is to score 800 goals with 10 different strikers over 10 different leagues. Sound tough enough? Unfortunately, it only gets tougher as you can only use strikers born before July 1st 1984. In fact, you must use one striker born each year from 1984 to 1975. However, to make things easier you can choose to "omit" one year from the list and replace it with any striker you like. In essence, you get one "wildcard". I'm sure this is about the time you guys are getting pretty confused, so let me walk you through an example :D

For Example

Alright, so let's say I decide to hunker down with Juventus for my first season. My first major decision would be to pick the first striker I want to start with. Let's say I go with Nicolas Anelka who is born in 1979. This means that I cannot use another striker born in 1979 after this. After the season is over, I reboot my game and decide to go to PSV let's say. Since I already used Anelka, I can't choose to use Forlan for instance as he is also born in 1979. However I can choose to use Fred, who is born in 1983. Similarly when season 3 rolls around, I must reboot my game, change the league and choose a striker from another age group between 1975 and 1984. For example, I could choose Manchester United and David Villa who is born in 1981. Now somewhere down this 10 season long challenge I can choose to play my wildcard. Basically, I can choose to omit one of the age groups and instead pick whatever striker I want. Let's say I'm in season 6 and I really don't want to pick a striker born in 1984. Instead, I can play my wildcard and pick whomever I like, Balotelli, Rooney, Messi, whoever! Unfortunately, you only get one wildcard.

The Challenge in the Challenge

In my opinion, this challenge is quite strategic. For example, you must be able to plan ahead to which strikers you want from each age group, what 10 countries you will want to play in and most importantly, which age group will you want to use in each country. Of course, then you have the added chaos of the wildcard which serves to complicate matters even more. Do you choose to use your star striker in a weak league, thereby resigning yourself to using your weaker strikers in better leagues or do you spread the talent around evenly? When do you use the wildcard? All of these questions are central to doing well in this challenge.

Round Up - What to Do

1) Pick a league to start in & pick a striker to play with (Born between 1975-84)

2) Play season

3) When season is over, reboot game and pick another league and another striker (Born betwwen 1975-84 but not on a year already used)

4) Repeat steps 1-3 for 10 seasons

5) Try to score 800 goals in total and don't forget to use your widcard!

Rules

1) No Unlockables/Cheats

2) No use of Changes.txt/Save Editor

3) Screenshots needed as evidence. Preferably a career posted

Leaderboards

Well, that's that. I hope you guys will attempt this, I certainly will :)

Sounds tough to average 80 goals a season with mainly old strikers. I think a wildcard season with Neymar in Brazil will be a necessity ;)

I think it will be a while before I consider attempting this; I've had my fill of old strikers and single season careers for a while :D

@AS - ;)

@Kerav - It wouldn't work if you didn't restart every season.

@MUG - Good luck if you do try it :)

@FMHKING - Cheers

@Perky - I was thinking the same about Neymar :D Or maybe Fred would work

@Ashez - Yeah, that is a fair bit of research, but I think it only adds to the experience :)

Haha Cheers Ash I try my best :)

*Didn't think this would get so much attention! :P*