Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout. Do you?

Where and how to start? And should I start?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does this career make sense to play with FMH14 just around the corner?

2. 2. Where to go next?

• Australia
    • Northern Ireland
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Wales
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Germany
    • Scotland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Pride of the Asian Continent
  3. 3. Which team to pick?

• Best team in the top league
    • Bottom half team from the top league
    • Start in a lower division

Just makes you think how much dominance Torino and Italy would have had if it wasn't for this, and I've always thought that this should be more well known then it is

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

Torino, like many Italian teams, have a lot of loaned in players. Some of them were top quality, others not so much. Overall, the team was very old and that meant I would have to invest in some transfers, but hey, that's the whole purpose of this career right?!

Anyway, in the spoiler below you can see who joined our ranks on the first season. Those with a pending status are Bosmans whose contract will end in the end of June.

GNT0WYTl.png
Myq2l3al.png
8ZUPdGnl.png

Our most expensive signing was Jorginho, from Verona. We had to dish out 5 million euros, plus another player in exchange in order to secure the brazilian gem, all because of a recommendation from our English scout Ashez.

Jorginho.png
Jorginho joined from Hellas Verona

Most of these players will be iScouted today or tomorrow. Be sure to check them in the appropriate section. This will be my modus operandi from now on. There will be a lot of players iScouted each season (I hope!) so I don't want to keep this update very long and filled with pictures/spoilers. So on to the team results!

Since Torino didn't win anything last season, we only had two competitions to play, the Italian Cup and the Serie A. In the Italian Cup we failed to get into the semi-finals, courtesy of the lady of Florence, Fiorentina.

uVaBEmil.png

fedato2.jpg
Francesco Fedato saying goodbye to the Bari fans

In the league things started a bit shaky. Torino had many limitations and the overall quality of the players, when compared to the big teams in the Serie A, was small. Our budget wasn't that impressive so I couldn't get most of the players I wanted so I had to go with, lets say, cheaper versions. But the league only ends when it ends and in the end ( :P) we came out victorious!

5GA6agKl.png

Torino-fans-took-to-the-streat-in-August
All the fans came out on the streets of Turin to celebrate

So there you go! We won the league, found some great players and we'll hopefully have a better transfer budget next season. I won't be playing any regens in this career but I might buy some just to sell for profit, so I can invest in new iScoutable gems.

Hope you enjoyed this update and be sure to check the incoming iScouts.

Least important stuff:

nV0Vj89l.png
A lot of money spent with no income

gsIPRx3l.png
Finances by the end of the season

5AyTMKjl.png
Only good training facilities so the iScoutable players should be a lot better with superb facilities

Jorginho is from Hellas Verona, not Chievo Verona ;).

Also nice update, well done on winning the league Graveluthini

Well, I don't understand you...that's what I said...

Great season! A lot of player signed there! :O:)

Yup, had to!

Must have cheated to stop the second placed team winning ;)

But nice going, did you buy Donazzan as back up or?

Don't think he's going for a realistic career is he? :P

Great season mate I've always liked Torino well done :)

Thanks.

I usually rotate my wingbacks.

As nice season mate.

Franco won't be pleased. :P

What can I say I'm telepathic. :P

I didn't read the OP and have finally understood. You put the players you find in the team on IScout. I honestly hadn't realised!

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

With the start of the season we had a much bigger transfer budget to play around with, together with a nice wage budget as well. I went berserk in the transfer market and many new faces joined Il Grande Torino. Like I've said before, signed some regens that will never play for this club but who are either going to be used as a bargaining chip for transfers or loaned out so they get their value up. Since the list is too long I will keep it inside the spoiler below.

y5gbQjpl.png

g0BcRWml.png

prFQXl5l.png

O9Oft4Jl.png

oZ953k5l.png

vf3ACL3l.png

gMAbCHPl.png

Our main signing was the U-20 World Cup Colombian star, Juan Quintero! He will be fundamental in my tactic and he'll fill the role of the AMC perfectly.

juan-quintero-colombia.jpg

"It's this big!" he said

Mervan Celik, Quintero's former teammate at Pescare was someone I had my eyes on for a while and he'd bea valuable replacement for Mario Santana.

Pescara-Mervan-Celik_2882665.jpg

Here he is doing the mandatory rectal exam before signing

But enough about transfers and lets get on with the season itself! Our first match was the Italian Supercup where we would face Franco's team, Inter Milan.

inter-milan-torino-fc-28-01-2013.jpg

i0rCNzhl.png

Inter was decimated. The runners up from last season proved once more they weren't a match against the might of the Bulls of Turin. Bianchi sealed his first hat-trick of the season in great style.

With the Italian Supercup won, we set our mind in other competitions. We wanted to win the Italian Cup and we wanted to shine in the Champions Cup. In both we faced Juventus, so it was time for the Derby della Mole!

torino-fc-juventus-fc-29-04-2013.jpg

kTT5fQNl.png

fU06Mebl.png

And it was disastrous! We played terribly in the first leg of the Champions Cup quarter finals and we had to do our best in the second leg, at home. We didn't get more than a draw and we were out of the competition leaving the smaller team from Turin to celebrate on the pitch. We would have our revenge in the Italian Cup final, or so we thought. WIth an early goal from Ciro Immobile we would lose again against the Old Lady. Sad times my friends...sad times.

The team didn't perform as I expected.

hoNM1Thl.png

Sure, we won the Serie A but look at those statistics. 12 draws and 5 losses is unacceptable for us! Only 72 goals scored? Inadmissible! We will need to improve a lot...

Thank you for following. I'm having fun playing this so that's why you get to have two career updates in a single day! Hope you enjoy ;)

Ciao! :P

Some less important info:

Bm2Z4gPl.png

This will get better with time.

5lLOVydl.png

Super facilities with Youth Academy, finally! The stadium got better as well.

10vflaRl.png

Spent all the money available.Shopping spree!

lAQx0zVl.png

Bianchi got the Serie A trophy.

uGQQFiml.png

And I got my trophy as well.

kmI03PVl.png

AK1y7mDl.png

The star of the team, best player in the league, top scorer Rolando Bianchi. This will be his last season with us. A good way to say goodbye.

Great season! Please don't tell me your transfers were in that long a list :O:P

Well, there are a lot of free transfer signings of regens and subsequent loans of the same players which makes the list longer than normal, but yes, I've been very active in the transfer market or else this career wouldn't make sense :)

Really enjoying this!

Glad you are ;)

Good going, nice name. :P Some more Franco-to-be-unhappy there! (No offence Franco :P)

I actually try to adapt my nickname to wherever I play. Only in Portugal I use my real name. In France I'll probably be Archès le Graveluth :P

Despite your need for perfection, it was a great season IMO ;).

Franco is not gonna like this :lol:.

I hope he gets disappointed a lot throughout this career. :P

Could have been better Grav. I'm extremely disappointed in you! :P

son-i-am-disappoint.jpg