Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout. Do you?

Where and how to start? And should I start?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does this career make sense to play with FMH14 just around the corner?

2. 2. Where to go next?

• Australia
    • Northern Ireland
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Wales
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Germany
    • Scotland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Pride of the Asian Continent
  3. 3. Which team to pick?

• Best team in the top league
    • Bottom half team from the top league
    • Start in a lower division

"ED."?

Remember I'm not British!

Realize you meant the picture above. I know it's 'disappointed' but the internet meme above is typed just like that, on purpose. Google for "I am disappoint" and see the images.

"ED."?

Remember I'm not British!

Realize you meant the picture above. I know it's 'disappointed' but the internet meme above is typed just like that, on purpose. Google for "I am disappoint" and see the images.

I've seen it before, just when I've seen it its had the "ed".

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

Another season, some more transfers. Once again, for the purpose of this career I wen't crazy in the transfer market with many signings, regens and whatnot, loans out, etc. This could probably be my last season signing regens since I'm getting more and more money from the board now. But we'll see. The list is long so there's a spoiler.

u2wAKYAl.png

O9fOhCwl.png

2eXfzSMl.png

dBaY9h3l.png

pnCd4HKl.png

Our main signing this season was Granit Xhaka, a Swiss midfielder that cost a lot and we hope would give a lot on the pitch.

i_lumtur_ne_monchengladbach.jpg

"Oh, how do I love Al Pacino and Cristiano Ronaldo..."

In fact, I spent a lot of money in a few players like I've never done before in this career. Roberto Pereyra, Bryan Oviedo, Sebastian Jung and Granit Xhaka...they cost €59M!

Udinese+Calcio+v+BSC+Young+Boys+UEFA+Eur

Roberto Pereyra, preparing for the big jump to Torino

bryan-oviedo-841314173.jpg

Bryan Oviedo doing the rain dance

sebastian_jung.jpg

Sebastian Jung knows he's getting to the top!

But enough about transfers, lets get to the first Derby della Mole of the season in the Supercup.

torino-fc-juventus-fc-29-04-2013.jpg

WgyZ5Ugl.png

Tomas Necid, a Bosman (you'll see how 'crappy' he is in the iScout ;)) scored twice to show those corrupts who is the top bull in Turin!

Sadly, those bastards got their revenge...

oibzgCrl.png

But enough of Juve! This time around we really wanted European glory...but oh well, it wasn't our time...

mB6zzrWl.png

At least we won the league. But it was close! Our final games were horrendous! We started great, winning game after game, but, don't know why, the team kind of collapsed!

Az4JhEQl.png

Necid ended up being the Serie A top scorer with 32 goals. Not bad for someone that didn't cost a penny. Roberto Pereyra justified his investment by making the most assists in the league. Necid even won the Serie A Player of the Year award, while I got the manager equivalent.

Less important information:

BTIDErwl.png

Getting there...

No, not nice, nor great!

To be nice I would need to win all domestic competitions. To be great I'd have to win the Champions!

Question for you guys. How long should I keep this up? And by this I mean a career in Italy. A couple more seasons doing 5 seasons total, should I start something new now, or should I make even more seasons, and if so, how many?

For my next career I will do a new poll, removing Italy and adding a Pride of Asia (which will mean a lot of asian iScouts as well).

Great update mate :D.

Yeah i'd say 5 seasons each is fair enough :)

Thanks!

I agree as well.

I thought you were doing 3 per country :lol:.

Wrong, you thought, young padawan.

I agree about 5 seasons, then move on to uncover players from elsewhere :)

That's what I'll do.

Great update Grav. Love the humour. I would say one more season should do it. :)

Glad you liked it. I'll do two more season though. 5 seems a 'rounder' number.

Added a poll up top to pick where I'll go next. Please vote so that I'll have somewhere to go when I post the 5th season.

Also, what are you guys thinking of this career? Should I do something different? Am I iScouting enough players? And are you more interested in playing in Italy now that I'm doing this? Discuss!

I'm interested in Italy, especially Torino now! This has been a nice career, and you've helped young Ashley out a lot!

Voted, no prizes for guessing what I voted :cool:.

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

So, you've all been waiting for an update (or at least that's how I like to picture you guys :P)...but fret not, here it comes!

Without further a due (did I spell it correctly?), the transfers. Four pages of transfers but this time I didn't sign any

pSMrtXSl.png

FZOijAPl.png

C6km3jYl.png

2tjacVPl.png

Our biggest signing was Marvin Martin, the frenchman, from Lille. I liked his name, I liked his stats and Quintero had his time so, since iScout's are what this career is all about, it was time to replace him.

10-marvin-martin-crop.jpg

Here he is pretending he's driving a car because he can!

DanielDaviesPhotography_-2.jpg

Look, no hands! Jacopo Sala joined Torino from Hamburg.

Great names, big spending but, were they the most important signing for Torino this season? Hell no! You see that guy on the fourth transfer picture? The one that cost only €275K? You didn't, didn't you? You thought "he are more transfer pics I don't care about, lets just pretend I saw them and move along, he'll never know...". Oh, but I do! So go back up and check the €275K signing.

Did you see it? Good. Milton Caraglio. I love this guy for three reasons. First, he was cheap. Second, he's named Caraglio, and if any portuguese is reading this he's having a laugh because his name has the exact same pronunciation as a portuguese curse word. Thirdly, he scored 60 goals in the league. That's right, 60. In the league.

caraglio_91332.jpg

Besides scoring he can also freeze time and dribble raindrops

But enough about transfers, lets see how Torino did. And let me tell you first hand. Not good.

oFJnx5pl.png

1x2Zrgdl.png

sfn3NRbl.png

A14dZjrl.png

Sure, we won the league, again. But that's the minimum requirement. We still suck in Europe. We keep failing when we're not supposed to fail. I know that I keep changing the team and that doesn't help, but even so... Oh well.

Like I said, Caraglio was the top scorer in the league and also the Serie A Player of the Year, with the runner up being Martin Marvin or Marvin Martin, whatever his name is... M&M was also the top assister (and no, I don't mean Maple). I was the manager of the year and my stats got a bit better.

WaXUS5xl.png

So here it is! Only one season to go in Italy. Loving every minute of it. The downside of this kind of career is that we can never get to attached to players. Tomas Necid was in the Reserve team the whole season. He was unhappy but he still respected his manager. That "sad to be transfer listed" message broke my heart...

And now I must say goodbye to Caraglio as well. Damn you Vibers, look what you've made me do to entertain you!

PS: If you haven't still, please vote on the poll above so I know where to go after the last season in Italy, which I'm already playing :P