Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout. Do you?

Where and how to start? And should I start?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does this career make sense to play with FMH14 just around the corner?

2. 2. Where to go next?

• Australia
    • Northern Ireland
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Wales
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Germany
    • Scotland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Pride of the Asian Continent
  3. 3. Which team to pick?

• Best team in the top league
    • Bottom half team from the top league
    • Start in a lower division

Thank you all for voting. The poll is now closed.

Now all I need to figure out is which team to pick. At first glance into Brazil, my eyes fall upon Esporte Clube Bahia, since it's a club I like because I did a long career with them some years ago. But they are in the top division and I wanted to start lower. Looking at the bottom division there's Palmeiras, a fallen giant. They have the financial power and good facilities, allied with good rep to attract good players. But, and it's a big but, they play in the São Paulo State and I'm not sure I can handle 5 seasons with trillions of matches. 

All other teams in the lower division mean nothing to me. Only Icasa could be fun since they only have 11 players, which meant I'd have to get several players but they have a bad rep and close to no money so they'd all have to be old free transfers.

So basically, I have two choices:

logo%20icasa.jpg      palmeiras.png 

1. Pick Icasa and sign a lot of old free transfers and some loans.
  2. Pick Palmeiras and if I get bored of the São Paulo State I can apply to a new job on a team that doesn't play in the SPS.

Please share your thoughts and vote at the poll above.

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

Alas, time to say goodbye to Il Grande Torino. It has been a good journey and, in the future, I see myself managing them again. In this final season I let several players go because, to be honest, I wouldn't use them after this since this ends now.

So, the transfers:

p5cfUHal.png
tGz8UNfl.png
rHAHzy6l.png
1qKZgzGl.png
x4tk67Ml.png

Our biggest signing was Adryan, who we bought in January from Flamengo.

Adryan-Flamengo-Foto-Cleber-Mendes_LANIM
Adryan showing his parkour skills and his amazing choice of colour for his boots

110923gueye.jpg
Idrissa Gueye, who joined from Roma, also has time stopping skills

610x.jpg
Guido Marilungo will be taking Caraglio's place

With a refreshing new team we would attack all competitions in our final season with Torino. But then again, that's what we always do and fail miserably...

So, we start with the Supercup against Inter. We usually do good against them and this was no different.

S6nSBVil.png

One trophy down, three more to go! Inter was easy, but then there was Juventus...

Guest starring anfieldsquirrel

The lower team from Turin would make this an epic ending to the career. If you recall, Juventus are Torino's biggest rivals because they're both based in Turin and they even shared their stadium. We would meet them in the Italian Cup, the Champion's League and they'd be our biggest opposition in the Serie A. 

Tim-Cup-Coppa-Italia-logo.jpg
F8SPXnGl.png

Two out of four competitions done, two more to go. In the quarter finals of the Champions League we'd face, who else, Juventus.

championsleaguelogoq.png

Suy5Cf1l.png
Selassie with the late equaliser sent Juventus packing

8Tk7jyRl.png
And Torino conquers Europe!

150px-LegaSerieAlogoTIM.png
7Exd1h3l.png

We won it all! And we beat Juventus several times while doing it. Wonderful! Marilungo, the leagues Player of the Year, was the league's top scorer with 41 goals, while Vladimir Weiss, who we bought from FC Porto was the top assister, with 19 assists. Once more I was Manager of the Year.

In 5 seasons I improved Torino as much as possible. No more planning permits for the stadium which means it has reached top capacity. I was also able to reach the number one spot in the manager ranks.

MxhnmV6l.png
9OB8p3fl.png

So there you go, the final update to my little stay in Italy. Hope you enjoyed this and I hope you feel tempted to manage there, in Torino or some other club. Thank you for following and don't forget to vote in the above poll!

Now, that's what I call a class season!!

Thanks for putting my YouTube video on, selfie!

You're welcome :P

Awesome stuff mate

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Least Inter won't be losing to you again :(

I'll miss them :( We're also missing a Inter career from you Franco!

I've just started one with them actually to try and get me back into playing, so thought Inter would give me the most enjoyment, lets hope it works :)

Poll stays open until the end of the day so keep your votes coming lads!

AMAZING Season Grav  :D

Extremely well done career and I love the humour! Can't wait for your next team  :)

Indeed, I saved the best for last. And without reloading! :P

Thanks Jay-S, I'll go back in time now, to 2013 :P

What a fantastic way to end the season!  :D Good luck next year!

NkWkgPE.png

BRAZIL EDITION

02_squeeze-palmeiras-cantil-termico-verd

The story of SE Palmeiras (Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras) goes all the way back the the 26th of August, 1914, when the club was founded by italian immigrants in the city of São Paulo. Back then its name was Palestra Italia. After winning several state titles and getting more and more fans, Palmeiras was forced to change its name to Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras in 1942 because of the Second World War when the Brazilian President, Getúlio Vargas, declared war against the Axis countries (Germany, Italy and Japan) and sided with the Allies.

Palmeiras_symbol_-_evolution.jpg

Badge evolution through time, from Palestra Italia to Palmeiras

The first World Club Championship was held in 1951 in Brazil. Eight teams participated: Vasco da Gama (Brazil), Austria Viena (Austria), Nacional (Uruguay), Sporting Lisbon (Portugal), Juventus (Italy), Red Star (Yugoslavia), Olympique (France) and Palmeiras. In the final, held over two matches, Palmeiras would face Juventus and after one win and one tie, Palmeiras were the first ever World Club Champions.

The club would have many domestic and continental successes over the next decades. By the year 2000 their main sponsorship with Parmalat ended, leaving the club in dire straits. In 2002 the club got relegated to the Série B (second tier in Brazilian footbal) but it got back to the Série A the following year. Last season, under management of Luis Filipe Scolari, Palmeiras got relegated once more.

Palmeiras biggest rival is Corinthians, and it's one of the most intense rivalries in the country. The club's mascot is a green parakeet. During the 1960s, fans of Corinthians would mockingly refer to the team as Pig and other teams followed, but during the 1986 São Paulo State Championship playoffs the Palmeiras supporters adopted the pig as their mascot, which now they prefer over the parakeet.

palmeiras-sp-mascote.jpg

Club mascots

Palmeiras is the Brazilian team with most domestic titles, but they also have a few continental ones.

World Club

Winners (1) : 1951 International
Winners (1) : 1999 Runners-up (3) : 196119682000 Winners (1) : 1998 Runners-up (2) : 19992000 National
Winners (8): 19601967196719691972197319931994 Runners-up (3): 197019781997 Winners (2) : 19982012 Runners-up (1) : 1996 Winners (1) : 2000 Inter-state
State

In Football Manager Handheld 2013 we find the team in the Brazilian Second Division. Their squad is almost full. Most of you will notice Kléber, on loan from FC Porto. Others will notice Leandro, from Grêmio (you know who you are!). Their financial state is ok so we can adjust the budget to get more money, but not a lot. The stadium has a good capacity which will result in some revenue and the facilities are excellent.

PJAskosl.png

HmsgwoPl.png

The Palmeiras squad

5zAoTu2l.png

Financial state

goj98ful.png

Club information

All info taken from Wikipedia

Season one of Brazil is done and will be posted today perhaps. I'll only play two seasons in Brazil because:

A) The São Paulo State Championship has a penalty bug

B) Low transfer budgets in Brazil in the first few seasons means I'll have to play a lot to get the budget I want for this challenge

C) Way too many games!

D) Actually, not a lot of players in Brazil!

Sorry for not having updated this yet. I have a lot of players to iScout and I want to do them all at once. Didn't have time to sit down and do them all. I have two seasons worth of players and that will be it in Brazil.

In the meanwhile I'll do a new poll to see where to go next.

The poll is up so you can vote now.

Added a new option. With FMH14 just around the corner I started to think that doing iScouts now doesn't make much sense because there will be new players, current players will have updated CA/PA, etc. Also, apart from me there are now less and less iScouts, which shows that people have started to lose interest in doing them and I believe there isn't a high demand for them anymore. I also want to do other things before FMH14 comes out so I would be a bit pissed if FMH14 would come out in October (like the PSP leak mentioned) and here I am iScouting players nobody will care about :P

So, give me your feedback please.