Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Goal-Line Technology In FMH'14:

Ashez

Goal-Line Technology In FMH'14:

Goal-line technology is coming to the Premier League this season and has already been used in an number of competitions including the Confederations Cup held in Brazil and England's own Community Shield, but should SI introduce this to our beloved FMH?

In real life there are plenty of instances where goal line technology could have saved or destroyed a result with plenty of high profile goals/decisions being called into question like Lampard's verses Germany and Carroll's verses Chelsea at Wembley. Obviously with such fine margins refs will sometimes make a mistake and get a decision wrong and that is a part of football in my opinion and as i've said before i am sad to see GLT introduced as i love the debate these "ghost" goals produce. 

488963.jpg

Moving back to FMH though would you like to see GLT introduced in 2014's Football Manager Handheld? My answer is yes as i think it will play a key part in next years Premier League season and i'd love it to have some sort of cameo appearance in the next release. As far as i'm aware the game doesn't currently specify if the ball crossed the line or if it was a debatable goal to be given but i'd love this to be included, as long as it was a somewhat rare occurrence.

183821_hp.jpg

The way i'd like GLT to be handled in game would be similar to when a penalty decision has to be made and the text says the "ref looks at his assistant", i think if SI could implement something similar to this for GLT it would be a great rare feature which could enhance the game play and realism of the game. An example of my idea in motion would be this.

Hazard crosses in the ball

Torres connects with the header

*GOAL*

But did it cross the line, the players protest?

The ref looks at his watch

*GOAL* 

Or

"Play on"

Anyway there's some of my personal views so what are yours? Should GLT be implemented? If so how would you like to see the game handle it? Even if you'd hate to have this added to FMH get in touch and share your views.

As always i'm looking forward to hearing your views and having a discussion..

It would be a good addition and create abit of drama to go with the disallowed goals.

I personally would rather they focus on other elements for now and maybe add this in another future addition.

I like the idea but can't see it being added

Why? it's a simple addition to the commentary...

1) It would look strange for the people that view the pitch when the goal clearly goes in

2) The commentary hasn't been changed much, not even from early PSP days

3) I'd think they'd look elsewhere for improvements, the commentary is decent enough as it is

Anything that adds realism I'm up for :). But the thing is, if they add something like this in it'll end up being overused, as in every other goal is debated which is highly unrealistic.

I'd rather see players rejected penalties for diving first as that is more common. Would add more media as well if the decision was wrong.

Marc's comfirmed that is already in the game (in my how to win pens guide) and he said he's going to make it clearer for us to know these "divers" in 2014.

It would be nice, but it seems a bit trivial and pointless since the commentary tells you if it has gone in or not - so doesn't add too much to the drama.