Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Super-sizing: A guide to overpowering players

Obika

IT Overlap

The idea is that you can train a player with IT for a season, then move on to a new club and buy him again. The IT will double up and super-power your player, giving him god-like stats.

The Plan

So here you are, trying desperately to make a team of wonder kids - but there are only so many, and most attract massive price tags. So what can you do? You loan in some players. This may sound weird, but it will make sense before the end. Do it again next season/Sign them/Whatevs

The Important Bit

Get players on loan from small clubs. Saying if you are a Prem team, take some from League 1/2, League 1/2 take from BSP/N/S etc. Oterwise, they may not want to loan to you.

Portsmouth are a good team to loan from, as they almost always have accepted my loan offers.

THE FUN PART

After the first season, loan them in again - or if you feel they are ready to play for you in the 1st team, sign them. If you plan on that, it is a good idea to search for Loan Listed players with expiring contracts.

Doing this repeatedly will boost your player's stats massively. I call this process SUPER-SIZING.

Examples

40fuybal.jpg

On loan 1st season, then bought

vbRELxTl.jpg

Loaned in once, loaned in twice - bought!

tBOEdVfl.jpg

Ongoing (shadow Bale, but I left Spurs)

NNmawwll.jpg

My favourite example - three seasons of IT then bought

Process

1. Sign player on loan. I chose Ashley Harris (young, so natural development adds on).

rOG5612l.jpg

pn2Im4El.jpg

2. At the end of the season, loan again.

t1ibP4vl.jpg

3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until your player is at a decent level.

WAGRDeKl.jpg

4. Sign.

1FKifoDl.jpg

Tips

• Use young players

• Use players who like IT

• Try and keep getting them on loan for as long as possible

• Get them from lower leagues

DISCLAIMER

THIS MAY NOT BE PERFECT EVERY TIME.

If your players are injury prone then they will grow less. If they play more games they grow more. If the training facilities are better they grow more.

So many factors can be different from time to time - so don't rely on this. If you plan on it, research the club and players beforehand so you know if they like IT, how good the training facilities are etc.

It has worked every time for me, but you never know.

Use in Challenges

I would accept it. HOWEVER do not take this as Gospel Truth. I see it as a reasonably use of the system, unlike the £150m glitch. Ask the challenge creators first to clarify.

It has been effectively used before - Tom's Zaha billion or whatever goal challenge, and others - but unwittingly. So I see it as fine.

Summary

This of course works with transfers too - but then you have to keep moving. Thanks for reading the guide, so go out and get super-sizing your players!

It's nicely written.

But it's more of an exploit. You're exploiting a glitch in the game. And imo it's cheating.

So I do not condone doing this. Nor do I condone this guide to be posted.

Just my opinion.

What, do we want a massive spoiler? :P

Ok. If that's how you feel, fine. I imagined some people would not like the idea, but I didn't think it would be as strong as that!

Surely if there is a problem with this there is also a problem with moving clubs within challenges (e.g. 1k goals) with the intention of making your player better - it's more or less the same.

Ok. If that's how you feel, fine. I imagined some people would not like the idea, but I didn't think it would be as strong as that!

Surely if there is a problem with this there is also a problem with moving clubs within challenges (e.g. 1k goals) with the intention of making your player better - it's more or less the same.

So moving clubs improves players? Why? I didn't know that!

So moving clubs improves players? Why? I didn't know that!

It has a little increase on stats if the ckub's reputation is better, training facilities or if it makes the player happier. Of course, IT helps too :P

Good guide, I may sound stupid here but I haven't understood properly. Do we do It with them, then move on to another club and buy them, then IT them some more then when we change again we loan them out??

Good guide, I may sound stupid here but I haven't understood properly. Do we do It with them, then move on to another club and buy them, then IT them some more then when we change again we loan them out??

You can do that - but it is a lot of faff to keep changing clubs.

This is how i have done a couple of times. Loan them in. The IT builds up their stats. Loan them in again. Loan again if they are around 20-21. Then buy them.

Each time they come to you on loan, IT boosts their stats again. When you buy them, they also get a boost which always seems larger than the ones before.

So there is a simple way of doing it - allowing you to make a wonder kid while also have a normal save. The Charlton Jed Wallace is an example - now in the Premier League and Champions League. It's much cheaper than to keep buying them too - Wallace only cost 250k when bought.

Well explained, don't use it for reasons already stated but well explained nonetheless.

I think not using it entirely unlikely to always be the case. I mean, if you can afford to buy a player but can afford loan him in then why not?

Also, if you get a player on loan, and he does a great job and you buy him next season (did with Joaozinho, Alex Nimely, Andros Townsend), what is wrong with that?

But do hugher stats mean better results?

I've always defended my view of stats being less than half of what makes a player good.

I believe that high stats don't automatically yield good results.

I've always defended my view of stats being less than half of what makes a player good.

I've found certain players to be better than their expensive counterparts if they're better statistically - Morant gained higher ratings than Erick Torres, who was decent statistically, but not as good as Morant.

Overall I would say higher stats do deliver better results. I'm pretty sure when I bought Nimely for Crystal Palace after a season on loan in the championship, he scored more goals for me in the Premier League.

Of course, the rest of the team does matter, but it feels like higher stats give an extra edge to the player.

Well, you have to take into consideration the impact of hidden attributes, player happiness and condition too. And also, of course things like team chemistry.

my friend told me a story. in his save, he managed three clubs, and make one player go with him. this player stat become very amasing. he found the player's PA increased a lot.

You must mean CA.

The PA is fixed and will never change.

What about players with PA of, say, -9 or -10? Aren't they variable?

The -9/-10 PA system only applies to before the save.

It means that certain players will have a randomly generated PA in each save you create. So no two saves will be 100% identical(at least it's very slim).

So they wouldn't be a variable as you don't see a player with -9 PA. You see a player with 156 PA instead(or anything else).

You must mean CA.

What about players with PA of, say, -9 or -10? Aren't they variable?

The -9/-10 PA system only applies to before the save.

It means that certain players will have a randomly generated PA in each save you create. So no two saves will be 100% identical(at least it's very slim).

So they wouldn't be a variable as you don't see a player with -9 PA. You see a player with 156 PA instead(or anything else).

OK, cheers for clearing that up! :)

You must mean CA.

U can make test. i an sure pa will change.
We have a combined experience on here of over 1000 seasons, many expert editors. Believe us when we say it's quite fixed :P

You must mean CA.

U can make test. i an sure pa will change.

PA will never change in older players.

PA will ONLY change in younger players when you start a new game.

The PA will NEVER change AFTER you start a new game. The CA will change, but the PA never does.

Jens is right. I'm pretty sure we know what we're talking about ;)

Very keen to use this method to train up cheap young players, just a quick question:

Do you need to play the player whilst he is on loan or can you simply have him in your squad on intensive training? I am worried the form of my team will drop if playing these young players. Cheers.

Playing gets the best results but being in loan and using your facilities and your training programme will improve them. Using this method is simply manipulating the game in your favour, it's unavoidable if playing properly but using this method is basically cheating. Not that this isn't a good article btw, I'm not knocking that lol