Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 The Premier Division Underdog Method

Ozymandias

The Premier Division Underdog Method (for 5.3)

by Ozymandias

Introduction

You want to steer Crystal Palace, Cardiff or Hull to success already in the first season? Fight even mathes against Man City and Chelsea? Gain a place in Champions Cup for next year? Then read on.

What I present here is not only a tactical formation and team instructions but a whole strategy that takes opposition playing style and weather into account. The key to success is to tweak your team instructions to every match (and within a match)!

Some results first to get your full attention:

Balanced first season with Hull (November 2013 database, default settings). 4th place in the end of season (only lost to ManU because of goal difference) and a place in the big Euro games for next season. Some bad goalie performances in the key games but otherwise rewarding results.

http://community.fmhvibe.co.uk/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=2896

These were the top players. No big stars here as Hull has very little money in the beginning. So getting the same total points as Man United is pretty damn good result. This was a true underdog team.

Fine first season with Cardiff (before 5.3, work permits off). Back in the days before 5.3 the game was a bit easier for the underdogs as now they have made the top players in the biggest teams even better. This was a great season and big thanks goes to the goalie for his consistent performances.

This was the Cardiff team. Clearly more money in the start than Hull or Crystal Palace so it makes things a lot easier. Still I would call this an underdog team. Couple of stars and then lot of useful and hardworking squad players.

Still I think that the game got better with 5.3 update. I started making this strategy couple of months ago and guessing the opposition team instructions was a hard task. Now you can easily see what they are up to. Goalies still tend to be inconsistent but I haven’t seen anything this bad after the update:

This tactic is good but not THAT good;)

1. To tweak or not to tweak?

Why would you need to tweak the team instructions once they are properly set? Isn’t it convenient to just grind with attacking mentality and direct passing all year round? Could it be:

A) You get better results when you adjust the settings according to opposition and weather?

B) Opponents have harder time to ”crack your tactic” when you keep changing it?

C) It’s just plain boring to use the same settings in every match from season to season?

Actually I think that all these are more or less correct but most importantly the first one! There is a reason why the game tells you what kind of weather it is or what kind of passing style the opponent is using. You are supposed to react to it! You can’t expect the same settings to bring you glory unless you are managing one of the top teams and you have superb players in your disposal. The worse your players the better you have to master the gentle art of tweaking the team instructions.

So you have gained great success using only attacking mentality and direct passing (or any other combo of settings) with Real Madrid or Chelsea or Bayern Munich? Good for you. Now try the same with Crystal Palace or Sassuolo.

Playing in lower leagues might be a different thing since all the players and managers alike are pretty crappy. Probably anything sensible will work there. But if you are playing a team that is a true underdog in its own league then I suggest you keep on reading!

2. General rules for tweaking the teams instructions

This chapter is about all those factors that you should consider when changing the team instructions. Instead of asking for a perfect tactic that automatically wins all the matches you should rather use these guidelines to get success – no matter what tactic you are using.  

Check the scout report about the opponent couple of days before the match. Most important info here is the style of play and the style of passing they are using. Style of play means the preferred mentality and this is revealed already in the ”news list”. Most important here is to note if they are using counter attacking style. Check also the odds! These will tell you what kind of game is expected and how the opposition is viewing your team.

When the match starts push tactics button right away. This way you have the chance to change the settings when the first opportunity comes. Normally this is within the first couple of minutes. To avoid any drastic mistakes in the very beginning of the match I suggest you put your settings to balanced and short by default. When you learn to know how you probably should be playing against the next opponent you can change these already before the match.

Once the match stops check out the opposition tactics as well (this is sooo easy now in 5.3 and a great addition to the game). Take note of their formation and the team instructions. Note: Opponents also change their settings once the match begins so you might get false info if you check their tactics before the match has begun. So press that tactics button and then check all these once the match halts.

And then, you have to react to weather as well! And you can’t predict it until the match starts, which is kind of silly. General rule is that dry is neutral, so you don’t have to change anything because of that. Stick to your game plan. But if it’s wet (or drizzle or downpour or sleet) ball control is hard so every pass is a risk. Avoid short passing and use more direct approach. Breezy or gusty weather means that the wind takes the long balls. So avoid direct passing and use shorter. More extreme conditions will affect the game greatly and thus gusty and downpour are difficult to predict and will produce quite random results. ”Gusty, wet” is hard nut to crack and usually mixed passing works best here (since both direct and short are doomed to failure!). On the other hand ”breezy, wet” means that the wind is not so strong so you should usually still pick direct passing for this (wet is the defining factor here).

You can surely win with direct passing in breezy weather and with short passing in downpour but following these guidelines here will help you get better results and improve your chances. Same principles have worked since Championship Manager 98 so I firmly believe that these will work for other tactics as well and not just for me.J Test these with your own tactics and find the right passing for every weather type!

The level of the opponent manager is also affecting the match. The very best managers are tactical gurus who break your lines easily unless you know what to do. If the opponent manager has a 5 star rating then you know you need some special plans. And my advice is that you need to change your playing style within the match to challenge these guys. More of this later.

For those who want to save time here is the list of the top teams that require special attention in this regard: (SPOILER alert, close your eyes and skip this if you want to do this by yourself: At least these top teams have 5 star managers in the start of the game: Chelsea, ManU, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham (with november database!), Inter, Juventus, Milan, Dortmund, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Benfica).

One hint: I don’t have hard empirical data to proof this (yet) but usually the end of the match is really stagnated. It often is the case that nothing much happens during the last 20 minutes or so. Therefore even if you have found the right settings for starting the match it still might be good to shake things a bit in the end. Of course you want to do this even more when you need to score a goal. So if you have been using short passing during the game and it’s 1-1 and you really want to win it then change to mixed passing for example. It might also backfire and cost you the game but more often I have scored a late goal like this. Livin’ on the edge!

I probably didn’t remember to put everything here but hopefully this gave you some food for thought. As I said, these ideas could be used for any tactics. Experiment with your own tactics and find out the best settings for your team in any given situation. Home game against Hull in sunshine is a different thing than Champions Cup final against Barcelona in a snowstorm, if you get my point.J

(Next chapter coming soon, I’ll show you how this works in practice…)

Same here, looking forward to more. I think the part you've touched on about changing tactics every match doesn't just apply to surviving in the PL, but all over. Some of us get so wrapped up in finding an ultimate tactic, or trying to filter all of our goals through one player that've forget the whole tactical approach to the game. Great stuff and KIU :)

Yeah ive touched on this in one of my articles and it really changes the way you can play the game after the update slower and more thought provoking

Thank you very much for the feedback, guys! I hope this will be helpful to some players who are struggling to get results. I try to get the next chapter finished soon so you can actually try this in action.

As for Barnsley, they are not THE underdog team like Yeovil, but most likely in the bottom half of the table anyway. Bottom half unless you know what to do, that is:) I'm pretty sure that the guidelines I present in the next chapter will work more or less for the weaker Championship teams. Yeovil is one team that I have been testing this with but that was before 5.3 update.

Very interesting thread , I have always tweaked my tactics depending on opposition formation etc , never really taken the weather into account.

You need all the help you can get post 5.3 update even with better sides now and not just with underdogs!

3. Formation and roles

There is nothing special with this formation. This is the same Punch Above Your Weight tactic that I already released around Christmas. Narrow formation is better suited for short passing as you shall see. I have for example tried to replace the other BBM with CM but the results were not that good so this set of roles is still what seems to work best. I’m sure there are other options in how to setup the striker roles and still make this successful.

What you need is hard-tackling and hardworking midfielders to make this really work! The toughest part in building the team for the Premier League underdogs is to find the proper players for the BBM roles. You probably can’t get all-round players who would be great in both directions so I have looked for guys who have good ratings in stamina, tackling, passing, decision and teamwork. Shooting and dribbling is a nice bonus but you just can’t have everything with these teams in the beginning of first season.

Finding a good BWM is easier at this level and this guy will be your star player together with the poacher. Medel and Jedinak are excellent in this role. And Damien Marcq for example is really cheap and does great job (as you can see from the Hull team screenshot in the first post). Here it’s good to point out that at this level you can find great players especially from Dutch and Belgian leagues.

You have no wingers so try to make sure that you have some guys in the team who can deliver a decent corner = good crossing. Usually either the wingbacks or AMC can do this. Of course you need a strong captain to lead your inferior team through the hardships. And all in all, look for players who have good decision and teamwork. They work together as a unit, follow your tactics, live happily ever after and make the offside trap work. Poacher is the only guy who can be a little bit selfish but I usually don’t choose any players who have teamwork less than 8. Lower rating usually just means trouble and whining.

It has to be stated that THE most important player in your team is goalkeeper. Your first task is to hire the best goalie you can possibly get. Goalie’s form of the day is often the deciding factor in how the match ends. You can dominate the match totally but if your goalie let’s in that one shot that the opponent has in the whole match then you might lose miserably. I think we’ve all seen this so many times. This is probably the most frustrating thing in this otherwise great game. It happens way too often to be realistic anymore. So, if needed, spend all your money to get that top goalie.

Important hint: You have very little money so look for such players who you can get with an exchange deal. Offload those wingers (who can’t play in AMC position) and useless players you have in the start and trade them for something better. Many of the most expensive players you have are wingers and you can exchange them for something really good (like Mike Havenaar, Ruud Boymans, Tulio de Melo for poacher role!). Finding the exchange deals will require some time but personally I find this part of the game really interesting. Note also that the number of players who are willing to join your team increases all the time. Therefore if you have some money left it’s good to check the options about a week from the transfer window deadline. Also in January 2014 you can probably get a lot better players than in August 2013.

4. Underdog team instructions

You have read some theory and built a solid and hardworking team with enough depth, so now it’s time to get in action! I must say that I had these instructions 98% ready a few weeks ago but then 5.3 update came and I had to revise everything. Or let’s say I had to double check everything but in the end the changes that occured were not that big. I know it’s not the perfect version yet but I want to release this before FMH 2015 comes out.:) If we want to make this perfect then I need some help with the testing.

Home games

This is the default setup for home games in dry or windy weather:

General rule for the underdogs seems to be that you should always start with the same mentality as the opponent. Most opponents start with a balanced mentality in away games. If the weather is wet (showers, drizzle, downpour etc) then switch to direct passing right away. For gusty, wet choose mixed passing. If the opponent switches to attacking mentality during the match (usually when they are losing) look closely if they take control of the game and counter this by also changing to attacking mentality. And the thing to watch when monitoring who’s dominating the game is shots and shots on target. If you have been dominating and suddenly opponent has several shots on goal then pause and check their team instructions. Possession seems to be irrelevant at least to this tactic and it is not telling who is dominating. Look for shots and shots on target to see if you are doing well and creating chances or not! The team that generates more chances to score is the likely winner, right?

If the opponent starts with attacking mentality (bigger teams and some others with attacking style of play) then you should also start these home matches by attacking & short. You should also start by attacking if the opponent is using balanced mentality & direct passing (usually some of the weakest teams do this). And of course if it’s wet you will start with attacking & direct in these both cases.

Opponents with counter attacking style of play

These are poison. They seem to be somehow different than the other teams even in the case when they don’t have the counter attack button switched on. It’s difficult to find a pattern here and in this sense this method is not yet perfect. Results against these teams are poorer than against others. But this is what seems to be working best:

Against weaker teams (your odds 4 or less) start with balanced & mixed + committed tackling. It it’s wet use balanced & direct + committed.

Against stronger teams (your odds more than 4) start with attacking & direct + committed tackling. If it’s windy go for attack & short + committed.

In this latter case it often happens that you will either dominate totally or lose badly. But in the long run I would say this is your best chance to get points from these matches. You can also choose attacking & short and this is a more cautious approach and has a good chance of ending in a draw. But remember that you are the underdog and you can lose any game badly – so don’t despair when this happens! It’s only realistic that you just have a bad match every now and then.

5 star managers

I said these are tough. They have the best players and they are the tactical gurus so how can your inferior team even try to compete against them? The solution is to change your passing style within the match. And I mean all the time, like every 10 minutes or so. This is the time that it takes for them to adapt to your style. I noticed this when I started usually pretty well against these teams but then around 10-20 minutes they suddenly just took the domination and crushed me. So you change your style and force them to try to adapt again, and then you keep doing this throughout the match. Sounds like a gimmick? Well, it seems to yield the best results in these matches. But it is not working in any other case, only against these big five star guys. So your tactic against these 5 stars managers is:

Attacking & short/mixed/direct + committed tackling. Start with short passing, then to mixed, then to direct, then back to short. Repeat this till the end.

If it’s wet, leave out the short passing. So just start with direct and change between that and mixed.

If it’s windy, leavy out the direct passing.

If it’s that nasty gusty, wet then you can use the whole scale short/mixed/direct passing but use short and direct only briefly, like 5 min, and spend most of the time in mixed.

If it’s a 5 star manager using a counter attacking style then play like you would play against other 5 star managers. I need more data from these matches but it might be a good idea to switch to balanced style if during the first 10 minutes it looks like that you are going to suffer.

With this method you will fight even matches with the biggest teams and you have a good chance of actually beating them. Of course you will often lose since your players are just so much worse. You can play a tactically superb game and dominate the field and create more chances but in the end you will lose because your goalie just sucked (and their strikers were superb), so it looks like this:

Just be patient when this happens. You did everything you could and played a wise match but you just didn’t have any luck this time(and you just need a better goalie when you can afford it!).

Away games

Here you change the default settings so that you will use attacking mentality in the start. Against the underdog every team is attacking when they are playing home so you should be attacking too. Otherwise the same principles work as stated earlier.

Counter attacking teams in away games

Against weaker teams (your odds 4 or less) that are playing short passing:

Use balanced & short + committed + counter (direct for wet)

Against weaker teams (your odds 4 or less) that are playing mixed or direct passing:

Use attacking & mixed + committed (direct for wet)

Against stronger teams (your odds over 4):

Use attacking & mixed + committed for dry and windy

Use balanced & direct + committed for wet

5 star managers in away games

Against 5 star managers use balanced short/mixed/direct + committed

Against 5 star managers w/ counter attack style use attacking short/mixed/direct + committed

These are bad. These used to be possible to win before 5.3 but now they are really bad. Brace yourself. Be happy with a draw.

Summing it up

You think this was difficult and overly complex? Well, it’s a difficult game to master.J Here is a quick check list that you can copy on your memo (I trust that you remember to use direct passing for wet so I don’t write it here):

Home matches:

Balanced & short is the default

Attacking & short for:

- If opponent attacks

- If opponent uses balanced & direct

Counter attacking teams:

Your odds 4 or less: start with balanced & mixed + committed tackling

Your odds more than 4: start with attacking & direct + committed tackling

5 star managers:

Attacking short/mixed/direct + committed (change every 10 min)

Counter attacking 5 star managers:

Same as above, but be wary in the start and switch to balanced if it looks bad.

Away matches:

Attacking & short is the default

Counter attacking teams:

Your odds 4 or less + short passing opponent:

Use balanced & short + committed + counter

Your odds 4 or less + mixed or direct passing opponent:

Use attacking & mixed + committed

Your odds over 4:

Use attacking & mixed + committed for dry and windy

Use balanced & direct + committed for wet

5 star managers:

balanced short/mixed/direct + committed

5 star managers w/ counter attack:

attacking short/mixed/direct + committed

Closing thoughts

These are the guidelines for you to successfully start every match. As stated above, many things can go wrong, and several games during the season are just doomed to failure. However, when you see the match going the wrong way (opponent creating more chances and shots on goal) then you should react and change something! Not necessarily right away during the first ten minutes but at some point. Two goals down early in the game usually means that you should change also the goalie. To change the match in your favour, switch to attacking, or change the passing style, or put on the committed tackling. And so on. Do something. The nature of the game is such that things go on as they are unless you do something.

What is realistic to expect with this method? You should win great majority of your home games and even get some nice results against the top teams. Away it will be tougher but still you will be collecting nice amount of points against the weaker half of the teams. For sure you will do better than what these teams are doing in real life! Place in top 4 is possible and I would say that place in the top 8 will come even if you don’t get many new players (but don’t get too many new players in the start as this will disrupt your team). Good luck!

Disclaimer

This is now tried and tested with Hull, Crystal Palace and Cardiff. If there is any sense and logic in this game then this will also work for the underdogs of Italian, Spanish and German leagues. It would be great if some people would test this in these other leagues and we could get some feedback. This will also most likely work pretty well for many other weaker Premier League teams (Fulham, Norwich etc?). This will probably also work pretty well for the Championship level underdogs – though I’m not sure if they can make offside trap work. Maybe leave that off? Some testers here also? But for the upper mid-table teams such as Newcastle this will not work so well anymore, and for the top teams surely not. If the odds are on your side and you are the favourite then you need to use different guidelines for tweaking. Note also that these guidelines will work for one season but for the second season we probably need to change something (even more so if you have been successful and your club’s status has changed). Next I’ll be creating a new set of tweaking instructions for the mid-table teams or for the former underdogs in their second season (these might be the same thing actually but we shall see…).

I’m very happy if I get some testers to try this and give me feedback! Thanks guys.

One more point: I use intensive training as outlined by Dec but with one exception - for goalies I have defensive training on medium since this is affecting positioning. No defensive training at all and position rating is dropping.

Championship edition (beta)

Ok, of course I had to try this with Barnsley. :) Start of the season was inconsistent but now I can safely say that the basic idea works:

I signed too many out of contract players in the start and that's probably one reason why the start of the season was shaky. I'm playing this one without the work permits.

I make a bold statement that for most Championship teams the following easy guidelines will work:

Always start with the same mentality as the opponent

* One exception: home games where opponent is using balanced & direct -> start with attacking mentality

Change passing style according to weather (direct for wet - mixed for gusty, wet)

Against counter attacking teams use committed tackling

Shouldn't be too complex now.

Hint: "Show only interested players" option in player search is not really working with the out of contract players! Actually maybe 90 % of the free players are ready to join Barnsley in start of the game.

Edit: Getting even better and sitting now firmly on top of the table!

5. Championship instructions

Can we use these same ideas to Championship teams? Yes, and it's a LOT easier and more simple. Playing Hull or Cardiff, the underdogs at premier level, is probably the ultimate challenge in this game. Championship is a piece of cake. :)With these simple guidelines you can win the league pretty easily with almost any team. Yeovil and maybe Doncaster are the only teams which are so weak that it’s more realistic to aim for a promotion through playoffs.  

Some results first:

Barnsley is one of the weakest teams in the league (normally somewhere in positions 19-22) so this was simply amazing season! Probably the most rewarding I've had in FMH. I played without work permits so I could get guys like Caio for free. And he was amazing in AMC position. In some other thread I read that AMC position would be weak after the update but this surely isn’t the case with this tactic.

When your tactic works, all the players perform well.

This was my team. Marcio Araujo is another player who made a big impact and was awesome at BBM scoring 11 goals and delivering 13 assists in the league. And Proschwitz of course was an excellent poacher.

All the matches here:

Start was shaky but after september I did not lose a single match in the league! Only defeat during the spring was to ManU in cup match.

And here comes another game with Leicester with equally awesome results (this time with default settings):

Won the league easily and managed to beat Arsenal in FA Cup final! Leicester is one of the better teams in the league at the start of the game but not as good as for example Q.P.R. I really didn’t need to buy players, just some free signings in the start and some excellent loan players (Benzia, Khedira). On the other hand Schmeichel was not as good as I thought he would be and Chris Wood only started to play really well in the spring.

Good performances across the field. Knockaert was amazing as AMC and scored 18 goals in the league.

Here are the top players.

All the matches here:

So all in all, excellent season. It's safe to say that the tactic works with the weaker and with the stronger teams.

Here are the roles and the formation once more:

And here the basic settings for home matches in dry or windy weather:

And the important part – use these simple guidelines to get most out of every match:

1. Always start with the same mentality as the opponent (home it’s usually balanced, away it’s attacking)

2. Exception to the first rule: If opponent is using balanced mentality and direct passing then you should start with attacking mentality (Same applies if opponent is using something even more defensive and straightforward, like balanced & long, defensive & direct or defensive & long, but this is pretty rare and only happens if the opponent feels they are the underdog).

3. Change to direct passing if the weather is wet. Change to mixed if it’s gusty, wet.

4. Use committed tackling against teams that use counter attacking style.

This shouldn’t be too difficult for anyone to remember. BUT if you feel like you don’t like to tweak at all and just want to play the matches as fast as possible without thinking too much THEN use attacking mentality for all matches and just change the passing to direct if it’s wet. You will do pretty well like this.

Additional notes:

Usually in your home games (when you and the opponent start with balanced mentality) the opponent switches to attacking if they are losing. At this point your best move is also to change to attacking.

If you are losing, then of course change to attacking at some point, sooner or later. If you need some extra kick and you just need to change the course of the match then put on the committed tackling.

In cup matches against 5 star managers you should use the same guidelines as underlined in the previous chapters. Attacking mentality and committed tackling. Keep changing the passing style every 10 minutes or so. Worked like a charm with Leicester against Arsenal! I would have won the match even before the shootout if my goalie would have played a little bit better.

That’s all for now.

That's great to hear! I would assume that for Linfield the same rules apply than for Championship level teams. At premier level it's a bit more complex. Let us know how the season goes!

hello, I'm trying this method with the Rimini in Italy, I like to start with the lowest races, I have not good  players, and the goalkeeper even more, but I want to continue, I hope that everything is fine, although I noticed that some teams when I play at home come with an offensive mindset ... what to do?

You should also attack if the opponent comes with attacking mentality. If the opponent feels they are clearly the favourite then they will attack from the start. So this happens against the best teams in your league. Also some lesser teams might attack in their away games if they have the attacking style of play.

Let us know how it goes with Rimini! I haven't tested this yet in lower leagues. Not sure if the players at that level can make the offside trap work.

Hello, I can assure you that it is very hard, because the players are not technically good, however this year just finished and after changing a number of tactics, before you try this mi are method quietly enough, even now she was happy, I hope the next year of afree much better

Thanks Backlash! The aim is to help other players here:)

To ireland: You should pick a tactic and then stick to it. It might take 2 months before it really starts working.

I started a quick test with Maidenhead (one of the worst teams in the game) and it seems to work really well. Same instructions as for Championship teams. Now after 7 league matches I have 6w 1l 19f 6a 18 pts and first place in Skrill south.

Hello one more question, the tactical module have to be the 4-1-2-1-2, or may work with other modules?

sorry for my english
:)

I boldy assume that same instructions will work for other narrow formations as well. If you use wingers then it's probably a bit different set up since a more direct style of play probably works.

I have tried the Championship underdog method with my Coventry side. I got promotion in the first season and have subsequently spent 3 seasons in the Championship finishing between 13th and 20th. I was 20th in November so decided to give this a go.

I have used the initial setup and see your (very helpful) guidelines as follows:

- start with same mentality as opposition

- if opponent = balanced/direct' or 'balanced/long' or 'defensive/direct' or 'defensive/long', then use 'attacking'

- if weather = wet, then use 'direct'

- if weather = gusty/wet, then use 'mixed'

- if opponent = Counter Attack On, then use 'committed'

- if opponent CHANGES TO 'attacking', then change to 'attacking'

- if losing, then change to 'attacking/committed'

- If NONE OF THE ABOVE apply, continue with original team instructions

I have followed the above to the letter and gathered the following results, where I have included any opposition tactical differences that invoke the rules above and I've also included my odds to show how much of an underdog I was:

L 0-2 away (opp att/wet) 9-4

L 0-2 home (opp att/showers) 9-2

W 4-1 home (opp att/showers) 9-2

L 1-2 away (opp att/sleet) 7-2

W 3-0 home (opp bal/mixed/showers) 9-2

L 1-2 away (opp att/direct/wet) 9-2

W 2-1 home (opp bal/mixed/wet) 9-2

W 2-1 away (opp bal/mixed/wet) 4-1

W 3-1 away (opp att/mixed/dry) 7-4

W 3-1 home (opp bal/mixed/drizzle) 5-4

L 0-2 away (opp att/mixed/drizzle) 9-2

L 0-2 home (opp bal/mixed/drizzle) 3-1

L 1-2 away (opp att/short/wet) 9-2

W 3-2 home (opp bal/mixed/drizzle) 6-4

L 1-5 away (opp bal/direct/dry) 4-1

Quite a mixed bag really. Thoughts? Also, I didn't change tactics for drizzle/sleet/showers as it wasn't specified in your tips.

In conditions such as drizzle, what do you suggest using for passing style? I've used your tactic in my Chester team an won the title 3 times in a row to get to the championship and now everyone I play I have like 20+ shots, fail to score an then concede in the last 10 mins an lose an so I'm fighting relegation! Makes no sense it's infuriating! A lot of my good players are wanting to move to bigger clubs so that might be a reason why but still! Just wondering if the maker of the tactics has any ideas, cheers.

The likes of this happens aswell, teams around me (so the only matches I really need to win to stay up) beat me an there isn't an obvious explanation for it. Was just away at burnley,he started with attacking so I did the same, it was dry so I stuck to short, it was even an then my defender just passed them the ball in front of goal an he scored! So carried on with the same tactics (which used to work for me btw, so thanks!) an then I'll have a few shots, always know that I'm unlikely to score an then he got a freekick from like 40 yards out an scored!!! I lost the game 3-0 but have no idea what I could have done? Is it cuz my players confidence is low? I used to score for fun an now I'm not :/ also when teams go 2-0 up against me they then often go defensive if it's a team close to me an then nothing happens for the rest of the game if I then go defensive or attacking?

Oh and every goalkeeper has atleast a rating of 8 against me every game an my goalies are awful, even sold Ben Amos who was supposedly the best keeper I had as he always made mistakes, literally every game