Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Error when opening save in save editor

ght123

When I try to open a save in the save editor it comes up with an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object". However I have recently tried to open a second save in it and that works fine. Does this mean that the save is corrupted? How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

When I try to open a save in the save editor it comes up with an error "object reference not set to an instance of an object". However I have recently tried to open a second save in it and that works fine. Does this mean that the save is corrupted? How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

What version of the Save Editor are you using.

I have just updated it but I get the same error - "Error assigning names. This is likely due to human managers name being to short or first name = second name. Error: object reference not set to an instance of an object."

My name is George Thomas so there shouldn't be a problem?

I have just updated it but I get the same error - "Error assigning names. This is likely due to human managers name being to short or first name = second name. Error: object reference not set to an instance of an object."

My name is George Thomas so there shouldn't be a problem?

It only says likely not that it is.

What version of FMH are you running?

Can you think of anything else that might be the problem?

Looks like your save file is a bit weird...FMH can probably handle it but the SE can't:

245fwg0.jpg

This is just a little bit of your save...It goes on and on and on...

Wow, A lot of numbers and letters. How is that different to what a normal save might look like? I haven't seen it in that form before. 

Wow, A lot of numbers and letters. How is that different to what a normal save might look like? I haven't seen it in that form before. 

Ignore the numbers...its the names of the right "George Thomas" ... should only be 1 set of these! ..In your save case there is over 120 of these... is the save old? As in from a earlier version of FMH14?

Yes, I have had it since pretty much the start of Fmh 14. It is my big project. 

So the problem was to do with the name but not how the error suggested.

Yes, I have had it since pretty much the start of Fmh 14. It is my big project.

So the problem was to do with the name but not how the error suggested.

The error wording only gives the most likely cause.

In your save case its unable to bind players names ids to the string value

Right, so is there any way to change this? If not I am not too bothered because I wasn't going to edit anything major.

Not in this case no. Apologies