Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 van Gaal possible man utd tactics?

Alvin Kok

What would be louis van gaal's tactics for man utd at current squad? Would it be same as his tactic for Holland team during World Cup 2014? 5-3-1-1 or 5-3-2?

Why has it got to be any of them 3? Tactics could change with every single match. May as well be asking what he'll have for breakfast :P

Also, are you talking about the game or irl?

Why has it got to be any of them 3? Tactics could change with every single match. May as well be asking what he'll have for breakfast :P

Also, are you talking about the game or irl?

Yup. agreed with you that tactics could change at every single match, it is depends. But what would be his possible tactics as overall? Any ideas?

Currently i am using 3-5-1-1

BDB LD BDB

WNG APM BBM APM WNG

APM

PR

Attacking, Direct, Normal, Press - Yes, Offside - Yes, Others - NO

Is this related to FMH or is it for another section of the site?

Yes, it is all about FMH.

I think it's better to use DWG than WNG. If you use back three with WNG and attacking mentality you will find your winger going upfront then your opposites player just easily meet your back three.

I think it's better to use DWG than WNG. If you use back three with WNG and attacking mentality you will find your winger going upfront then your opposites player just easily meet your back three.

Hi Alif, thanks for your advise. Yup. I did that when I face strong opponents.

I'm not sure if Van Gaal is going to use a tactic like this mate. Van Gaal only used this because our squad was too weak for 4-3-3.

He most likely will try a 4-3-3 if he has the right players.

Brilliant game by man utd in tour 2014 against LA Galaxy. Well done louie. Currently 2nd Half leading 3-0 (welbeck and rooney(2)). I am wondering what would be their formation 4411 or 352 or 3511?

I think 3-5-2 with

CD-CD-CD

WB WB

CM MC

AM

ST ST

Hi MinhTungMT, thanks for your posting. You watched the game? Anders Herera played excellent.

In your opinions, what would be the position roles and the team instructions?

I not sure about 3 Center Defenders, I think their roles is CD
Ander Herrera(DLM)-Fletcher(CM)

MATA(AP)

Rooney(T)-Welbeck(P)

that's my opinion

I said the same thing, and then he does play 3-5-2 in the match against LA. I think it depends on the players he can get in the transfer window.

Although LA isn't really a competition for Man u, the lads sure did show the can play in a 3-5-2 formation

I said the same thing, and then he does play 3-5-2 in the match against LA. I think it depends on the players he can get in the transfer window.

Although LA isn't really a competition for Man u, the lads sure did show the can play in a 3-5-2 formation

This. He might use 3-5-2/5-3-2 (or whatever he calls it) against lower league teams, but who knows. We'll see at the start of the league, right? ;)

I think he'll stick to what he knows in terms of the tactic, with man utds current squad he might try a 4-3-3:

gk

wbk ctr bpd wbk

bbm bwm bbm

dlf cmf dlf

or a 5-2-1-2 like he used with Holland at the World Cup:

gk

wbk ctr bpd ctr wbk

bwm bbm

apm

adf adf

I'd love to see Shaw playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2. Doubt it'll happen.

I see him going with a 4-2-3-1 at home and a 4-3-3 away depending on the strength of the oppostion. 

Van Gaal is rumoured to have said Man Utd will be playing with wing backs next season after the impact they had in his Holland side during the World Cup..

meaning his line up with current squad could be this:

De Gea

Evans    Jones    Smalling

Rafael                                          Shaw

Carrick     Herrera

Mata

RVP        Rooney

No place for Kagawa.. which is a shame as I think he is a decent player. The defence also looks rather weak imo (in the centre) and requires a reinforcement or two 

Van Gaal is rumoured to have said Man Utd will be playing with wing backs next season after the impact they had in his Holland side during the World Cup..

meaning his line up with current squad could be this:

De Gea

Evans    Jones    Smalling

Rafael                                          Shaw

Carrick     Herrera

Mata

RVP        Rooney

No place for Kagawa.. which is a shame as I think he is a decent player. The defence also looks rather weak imo (in the centre) and requires a reinforcement or two 

Prefer Kagawa over Carrick, and Kagawa is capable of playing at that spot.

Looking at one of my tactic apps when Utd lost the ball Shaw would come back and the defence would move move over 1 so it would be 4 in the back I would love to see this implamented some how in FMH15 :)

@CJordan From what I've seen looking at LVG formation and tactics he prefers a defensive pairing in the two central midfielder slots, which are disciplined and protect the defence more with a more attacking trio in front of them.

@Ashez Imo I think he needs to sign a centre back or two

I think he'll stick to what he knows in terms of the tactic, with man utds current squad he might try a 4-3-3:

gk

wbk ctr bpd wbk

bbm bwm bbm

dlf cmf dlf

or a 5-2-1-2 like he used with Holland at the World Cup:

gk

wbk ctr bpd ctr wbk

bwm bbm

apm

adf adf

Thanks Nath,. In your opinions, what is van gaal team instructions?

Against Roma it was a 3-4-1-2 with the two wingers dropping back to make a 5-2-1-2 when needed

Hi Danthestripe, thanks for your analysis - I agreed yours, I think van gaal used the same formation against Inter Milan as well. May I know, what would be the player roles in FMH and van gaal expected team instructions?

@CJordan From what I've seen looking at LVG formation and tactics he prefers a defensive pairing in the two central midfielder slots, which are disciplined and protect the defence more with a more attacking trio in front of them.

@Ashez Imo I think he needs to sign a centre back or two

I know, but I dont like Carrick, that's why I said it haha

@Alvin I think it would be balanced, direct, committed, pressing on, counter attack on, all the others off.

@CJordan haha

Another great match of man utd against real madrid.. same formation 3-4-1-2. Below is my observation of man utd:

GK

BD CD BD

DW DLM BBM DW

AP

P/ADF    DLF

Balanced

Direct

Normal

Press - on

Offside - on

Pre-season man utd against valencia - not bad and also not good. Thanks to last min goal from Fellaini. Valencia formation 4-3-3 seem works well against van gaal 3-4-1-2