Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Any benefits of the Favoured Club?

stavrosole

So, I have searched the forum to find out if there was any topic regarding any benefits to the favoured club. So I want to ask a few questions about the Favoured Club of players.

1. Any benefits?

Easier to offer easier wages on the player? Haven't noticed something

Higher morale?

Something else I haven't thought of?

2. Chance to change favoured club.

Let's take Fabregas as an example. In FMH11, he is in Arsenal, favoured club is Barcelona. If I buy him with Real Madrid or Manchester City and keep him for let's say a decade, when he will be 33, is there any chance his Favoured Club becomes Real Madrid or Manchester City?

Somebody must know the answer right? Thank you for bothering to read and perhaps answer my questions. If there is already a thread I do not know of, could you be kind enough to put it's link here so that I can go and read it myself?

I'll weigh in but I won't be much help.

In all my time, I've seen 2 players change favourite club. One was Akinfeev, in my career after 5+ years in the team before I noticed. The other was in Ash's loan career I believe.

It doesn't seem to make any change to the players wage demands unfortunately :/

I'll weigh in but I won't be much help.

In all my time, I've seen 2 players change favourite club. One was Akinfeev, in my career after 5+ years in the team before I noticed. The other was in Ash's loan career I believe.

It doesn't seem to make any change to the players wage demands unfortunately :/

Thanks for commenting. I personally myself have seen none, that's why I ask. I am currently making a team of future stars as Real Madrid(in 2011), and I have gathered Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera, Ander Itturaspe, David de Gea and Sergio Asenjo, along with Andreu Fontas and Illaramendi. None of them have Real Madrid as their Favoured Club, and I would like to know if there was any way possible to change that.

That would be a great addition imo. And then resigning players to their favourite club, or if pure their favourite manager should have some effect.

Yeah, in real life, when Fabregas signed for Barcelona some years back, he agreed to almost a million cut in his wages. In FMH11, he asks for 130k per week, I give 110k and he doesn't accept, when Messi accepts cuts from 350k to 300k.

I don't think it makes any difference tbh as I often have players with me as their favourite person and the club as their favourite club but they'll still demand a move away.

I do not want to know if it prevents move aways. As I said above, I have assembled the greatest Spanish talents of FMH11 with Real Madrid, and it would be better if they could become fans of Real, you know. When the game begins:

David de Gea: Favoured Club: Atletico Madrid

Andreu Fontas: Favoured Club: Barcelona FC

Jose Raul Baena: Favoured Club: Barcelona FC

Ignacio Camacho: Favoured Club: Atletico Madrid

Pablo Sarabia: Favoured Club: Real Madrid

Segio Asenjo: Favoured Club: Valladolid

Javi Martinez: Favoured Club: Osasuna

Asier Illaramendi: Favoured Club: Real Sociedad

Oscar de Marcos: Favoured Club: Alaves

As you can see above, there are many players whose favoured clubs I want to change. But there are also talents without favoured clubs, like Francisco Alcacer. Will their Favoured Club, if they have one, come earlier than the change in the favoured club of the players listed above?

All it does is trigger the alternative message "Player is delighted to have agreed terms with Club".

Not true, though we wouldn't want to go into too much detail about the effects.

All it does is trigger the alternative message "Player is delighted to have agreed terms with Club".

Not true, though we wouldn't want to go into too much detail about the effects.

You could always give us a little something without going into too much detail :P