Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to iScout: a helpful guide

Niall_McGinn

Are on loan or reserves results okay? I've been buying players to check them out so I have a lot I could share if those type of results are okay :).

Okay, mine won't do then as none will make the first team :P, I'll still post the keepers though as no one normally uses more than one etc.

I think the biggest missing from nearly every iscout is how much the player will cost. Not an expected cost, that's not factual. According to Niall's rules it's not necessary, but to an inexperienced player (possibly the biggest target audience in the iscout section) it's vital.

An iscout is almost a sales pitch. You know of a great player and you want to convince others to give him a try. So you make an iscout saying "here he is, this is how good he is, this is how well he's done". To follow up with "and he might cost you this, or he might cost you that" isn't being as helpful as you could be. It takes two seconds to load up FMH, start a save at a rich club and find out how much he'll cost you. As I said, it's not a necessity for an iscout, but it's one of the most vital pieces of information you can include.

Agree.

Including the cost/asking price rather than the value would definitely make comparisons bewteen players or 'hidden gems' easier.

There is a problems with that Ashez. I have noticed that the price a player can cost varies depending on the team. A Man U player will cost Arsenal more than it will cost Barcelona, to give and example. All because Man U doesn't really want to sell Arsenal anything. This doesn't affect all teams and not all players. Still it should be noted.

I think you mean Leroy :P

We all know prices can vary between buying from a rival or from the same league but a "rough" day one price from in game can be helpful :). For example I'm currently trying to build a squad idea in my mind which involves looking at Iscouts, if I have a rough idea of how much he'll cost I know how much I have to play with etc.