Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 My Stockport Career - YouTube series

GillSCFC1999

Hello again, this is the thread for my first career this year. Obviously, I'll be doing it with my beloved County and it'll be a YouTube video series rather than text. If you would like to get the videos early, then subscribe here http://www.youtube.com/rct3tychoon as the videos will be uploaded there before they end up here.

James.

Oh right, I didn't see that I guess. I'll have a look later.

Any idea when that is? I'd presumed you had it when you posted a career for it..

Anyway, I'm off to post the OP for my FMH2016 career.

You didn't ask for feedback, but I'll presume you want some. If you don't I can remove it.

Truth is, I didn't like it. I don't like FMH videos so don't take it personally. I managed to just after half time in your first match.

You didn't explain anything you was doing to people who may have been checking out the game pre purchase, or for tips etc. You rushed straight in. You didn't talk about objectives, aims or targets, anything like that despite saying you're planning on this series lasting 30 years. You didn't look into the transfer market just to see what was around. You didn't stop and read the news. You didn't go into any detail about your tactic, how you chose it or why or anything like that. You didn't do anything with your training schedule, again shows rushing in and not helpful to inexperienced members.

You was in your first match within 5 minutes of starting a brand new save, that says something negative. Nobody is tuning in to watch you rush ahead to watch you sim matches on fast commentary.

All in all I'm disappointed as it feels like I watched a video of someone rushing in, not really interested because they want to get a video up on YouTube.

Having said all that it's occurred to me that I switched off after 5 mins and I could have missed you doing it all. But that's a credit to itself tbh. If that's the case then rushing into things was enough to put me off and likely subsequent viewers.

Sorry it sounds overly critical but that's how I feel. If you made a crap video it would be different, but I think you can make a good video but didn't bother trying. With all that said I hope you continue and really get better each time. In all honest please don't think I'm being nasty. I'm not sat here glad that I didn't enjoy your video and I'm not please I'm giving negative feedback. I'd love to see you making a video that opened my mind to watching FMH on youtube.

I respect your opinion and it will help me in future. I did have one more video filmed which was similar but I'll do that from now on. I just rush because I have a Younger brother who could walk in at anytime during filming and so ruin it, if that explains anything.

Well that is the perfect excuse lol, if anything would kill your filming it would be that.

You have to ask yourself though, was it worth rushing (I understand you was without a choice) and then knowing you was going to release a rushed video?

I just, as you said, needed something to upload. Especially after the pressure I was under before I left originally about finishing things. 

Personally, I do find it difficult to upload regularly because of my job and my schoolwork, but I want to go forward with as much as I can. I MAY set up an upload schedule to help me a little bit.

But you are correct. I needed a video and FAST. I'm already falling behind Mike and Jack, now more than ever, seeming as though they do the Vibe channel too. I will focus on what you said a lot as I'll do whatever it takes to make my video much better. (If I don't, my sponsor won't be happy ;) )

The next episode is also up now. (It was recorded just after the first)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZ_P8_PH3M&list=UUVw0pqCEJInxc7lXwZSEGjw

It's quality over quantity tho. Feel the pressure (so to say, I'm not saying you should be pressured) to make quality videos, not lots of videos.

Fair Enough. I'm going to aim to improve from now on. Maybe only one game a video to slow it down (That'd be a lot of videos for one series).

AND... (Not related) I'll add you on Xbox Live ;)

Any thoughts on the skin in the video by the way?

Imo...I found the video a bit boring (sorry), at times you have lenghty pauses of no voice over, FMH You Tube videos are a little hard as over the past month there has been more and more channels and you have to stand out from all the other channels.

The only FMH videos I watch is UK's because he puts alot in, I.e the exciting voice over,I would suggest maybe having a rough idea what your going to say before you record your videos or you could record your video then download a video editor and then do the voice over.

But keep it going :)

Hey James welcome back to Vibe.

I do agree with a lot of points that Lee-Roy makes. It does seem as if you wanted to get the video up so just thrashed one out.

I'm not saying mine are any better btw as I know there is still a lot of work to be done.

I do try an keep to a loose script (more bullet points)in order of run time an I try to male sure the episodes are all structured the same. So maybe give that a go.

I do feel that maybe there should be a separate youtube video section as I know not everyone in the community is a fan.

It would just be good to keep the text based careers separate from the video careers.

I know you will make better videos in time!

I don't mind getting honest feedback. I must just be naturally boring, I get that response a lot.

I've got to be honest, I didn't seem to notice lengthy pauses and being bored. Not saying they wasn't there but I never noticed.

I already have my criticisms so I won't o over them again, but pauses and boringness aren't part of them. I couldn't honestly say your video was rushed and pausing too much lol

You know me Mike, I struggle when it comes to time.

You do raise an interesting point.

Plus, you aren't boring :P

See I would say that is one thing I need to improve my enthusiasm. As Lee said he only watches UKs videos an I can see why.

We all have room for improvement it's just good to know what areas to improve on