Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Wolf of Wolfsburg

Niall C

Hi Guys this will be my second attempt at a career story.My first was a Brazilian themed story that unfortunately went unfinished do to a deleted save and a broken laptop which lost all my screenshots anyhow that's enough of that.......

For my FMH2015 Career this time round I will be playing in a new league to my managerial career the Bundesliga,Having considered many sides Bayern,Dortmund,Schalke.I decided on a side which would pose a challenge to establish as title contenders. Wolfsburg.

So as I sat in my hotel room in reviewing the offered contract with my agent.I signed on the dotted line and took charge of the German side.Soon the story broke in the local media and as I picked up a local paper on my way to work,I was greeted with this image.

med_gallery_33131_184_13923.png

So on my first day I met with the director Francisco Javier García Sanz.. He outlined the clubs expectations for the season.

med_gallery_33131_184_138077.png

Summer Transfers

So not much of a budget but with squad hosting players like Junior Malanda, Luis Gustavo. I already have a good base to start with so I didn't plan to buy too many players this window. 

One of my first signing was an obvious one as a player I hope will play a central role in my side.

med_gallery_33131_184_565697.png

Magnar Odegaard 

Also this summer I brought in Richario Zivković on loan from Ajax in a hope he fits into the side and maybe we can agree a permanent deal next summer.

My other main signing this summer was a personal favourite from last years game 

​ med_gallery_33131_184_429232.png

Also this summer so the sale of a player that caused a bit of unrest amongst the squad but the offer was too good to turn down as we sold Ivan Persic to Fiorentina

med_gallery_33131_184_280103.png

All in all it was a quiet enough transfer window as expected, with us making more cash than we spent.

med_gallery_33131_184_144705.png

the near 12 million made combined with an adjusting of the budget leaves me a transfer kitty of just over 20 million should I decide to invest in January.

First 7 Games

My opening seven games(not including friendlies)  in charge so a good return in fortunes.An easy expected win the German cup, followed by 5 league games.We were also drawn in group D of the euro cup.

med_gallery_33131_184_195703.png

med_gallery_33131_184_74664.png

In the opening league game we threw away a 1-0 lead to draw our opening game away to Augsburg.In our second game we hosted Dortmund, Where we ground out our first win thanks in part to a disallowed goal.

med_gallery_33131_184_120876.png

In the next game we played away to Leverkusen where a second half brace from Kevin De Bruyne rescued us a point.

med_gallery_33131_184_401168.png

All in all it was a good start to the season.Only disappointing result was the draw in the Euro Cup to Torino.After 5 games we sit 3rd in the league.

med_gallery_33131_184_169253.png

Next up we face champions Bayern munich......

Any feedback or advice. 

Feel free to comment.

Thanks for the feed back guys. First to your questions before I post the update

Great start to be unbeaten in 10, what formation are you using?

Yeah great start! Would like to see what formation you are using

here is the formation and tactics I'm currently using 

med_gallery_33131_184_737324.png

med_gallery_33131_184_42318.png

I hope you play Lord in your starting XI :P

Lord is currently has the role of super sub as Živković has being great this season.

Ok onto the update.When I last updated you, we made a great start to the season.We faced the champions Bayern Munich.

Here is how the two sides lined up for the clash.

med_gallery_33131_184_801076.png

med_gallery_33131_184_850197.png

med_gallery_33131_184_74312.png

It was a match we really should have got more out of but we slipped to our first league defeat.

That defeat to Bayern started a poor run of form.That seen us take just one win in 5.Despite this we continued to progress in the German cup and Europa league.Following our win in the second round of the cup we then went on a run of ten games unbeaten in all competitions.

med_gallery_33131_184_62248.png

med_gallery_33131_184_77169.png

We safely progressed to both the German cup qtr final and to the knock out stages of the Europa league where we we were drawn against Inter Milan.

med_gallery_33131_184_196324.png

med_gallery_33131_184_10485.png

As we end the year in second since the 12 games since my last update winning 6 drawing 2 and losing 4.Giving Bayern's huge lead at this stage we will be hoping to be the best of the rest come the season end.Here is the team stats at the turn of the year. Zivkovic is scoring for fun so far this season.

med_gallery_33131_184_35909.png

A little side note at the end of the year,Something which has being hinted at in the real world.

med_gallery_33131_184_434969.png

Kevin De Bruyne 

During the season so far.I have encountered a transfer dilemma.It all started as KDB picked up the player of the month award for September.

med_gallery_33131_184_26526.png

But this was followed with KDB wanting to move on 

med_gallery_33131_184_176263.png

My reaction was one of disappointment as KDB at this point being my star player so far this season.Something then happened,which I hadn't experienced in FMH14 last season so I'm not sure if it is new to this game or not.That was that clubs attempt to buy outside of the window.Obviously I know it can be done and I do it myself when the right player is available.But this was a first.Here are the initial bids.

med_gallery_33131_184_107299.png

I considered my options as I chose what to do about these but seeing as KDB has a contract till 2019, the criticism for selling Persic to Fiorentina and not wanting to sell him to my rivals Bayern. I decided on this price to see if they are willing to match this price tag.

med_gallery_33131_184_61217.png

Luckily for me neither side were willing to match my price.

med_gallery_33131_184_248265.png

So for the moment I will retain KDB although this episode has upset him which may force me to sell him sooner rather than later.

So that is my update so far...

Next up is the January transfer window. I'm not looking to do alot of business but should a player come available I might act.

Any feedback or questions always welcome

Any suggestions on who I should sign to my side.

Sorry for the delay in this update but Christmas and work doesn't leave long for FMH2015 lol. But here go.....

*note I have finally discovered how to use the spoiler button which should make this easier to read.

January window 

So as we entered January..Given our good form in the season and the fact I like to give my players a season to get to know the players and where the changes are needed.So I was not planning on any signings in January.That was until I spotted a player I am a huge fan of and know he will be a star in the future.So I was surprised to see him on the transfer list.

med_gallery_33131_184_347988.png

Being on the transfer list allowed us to snap him up for just 15 Million and given how his value instantly rose to 19 million after he signed seemed like good business.Something which pleased the fans as it hit the headlines.

med_gallery_33131_184_106329.png

Other than this signing it was a quiet January.

So as we kept up our run of form to maintain a challenge for second.We entered mid February, Where we would return to Europa league action, as well a trip away to Bayern which would be our last chance to hand Bayern their first defeat in the league.Also looking ahead to a huge German cup semi final against Bayern Munich.

med_gallery_33131_184_88341.png

First up was the visit of Inter Milan.

med_gallery_33131_184_365962.png

A  tough draw at home,as we were under pressure at home to the Italian giants.

As we returned to our league clash with champions Bayern.

med_gallery_33131_184_268213.png

Another hard fought point. In a game we probably were lucky to take a point.

Next up we travelled to Milan, having to score at the San siro to stand any chance of going through.

med_gallery_33131_184_58188.png

In an amazing result we dominated Inter away from home and coasted into the next round of the Europa league.Where we would learn our opponents would be Saint-Etienne.

Into March and we begin with a German Cup Semi final against mighty Bayern Munich.

med_gallery_33131_184_656937.png

Another outstanding performance. As we had plenty of chances to score.But it was own goal from Lahm that paved the way to the Final.

med_gallery_33131_184_167032.png

We then travelled to France for a Europa league 2nd round against Saint-Etienne.

med_gallery_33131_184_570202.png

Defeat in France was a little hard to take given we were playing against 10 men for 70 mins of the game.But at the very least a crucial away goal.

In the return leg we went in needing once again to score.

med_gallery_33131_184_291233.png

A great result for us at home as we piled on the pressure and once again cruised through to the next round.

Also in March was the month where as expected Bayern Munich secured the tittle.

med_gallery_33131_184_189402.png 

med_gallery_33131_184_154864.png

We hoped to maintain form and finish 2nd.

With the league gone we focused on the Europa League as we were drawn in the quarter finals against Spanish side Villarreal

med_gallery_33131_184_67842.png

A great performance not mirrored by the goals as we were held to a 1-1 draw.Leaving the tie finally balanced for the second leg.

med_gallery_33131_184_295471.png

Despite the stats, we were totally outplayed by Villarreal in the second leg.Maybe Villarreal took their foot of the gas in the second half which allowed us to balance the opta stats for the game.But dissapointed as we crash out 5-2 on aggregate.

This defeat would spark a poor run of form in our run in which we struggled.

med_gallery_33131_184_61885.png

4 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats seen us slip down the league as ended the season.

med_gallery_33131_184_5550.png

4rth place this season, which after some research should see us qualify for the Champions league qualifiers next season, but at the very least we will have Europa league football to contend with next season.

Finally we have our day out against Dortmund in which we look to win our first ever German cup.Our only other appearance in the final was in 1995 which we lost 3-0 to to Borussia Mönchengladbach.

med_gallery_33131_184_129286.png

A tightly contested final as we ran out winners 2-1.Once again a little luck which seen Dortmund have a goal disallowed.Either way a fantastic achievement  for our club to win their first German cup.Maybe a symbolic swan song as on loan striker Richario Zivkovic scores his last goal.Also want away mid KDB could also have scored his last goal for the club.

That closes our first season.Hope to add the stats and records of this season soon.

Other than that the planning begins for next season.Will we sign another striker.Will KDB get his wish to leave.Will we make the champions league.Will we close the huge gap between us and Bayern Munich.

Depay should prove an excellent signing. He's class.

Bayern seem unstoppable at the moment. Major challenge to take them on.

Goodluck!