Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Santiago Muñez Challenge

Ashez

The Santiago Muñez Challenge

_40814678_goal416image.jpg

Around three years ago AnfieldSquirrel and myself had a dream and this dream was to lead Muñez to glory! We encountered problem after problem while trying to get this idea to work but once SI released an editor i saw my opportunity, so i reached out to Mike and asked him for his help. This save has been a nightmare to create even with the editor involved but Mike has worked hard to get around all the issues we had and a smart idea by myself has meant we've been able to release this save to everyone, even players without the save editor! (You need the save editor to play edited saves normally), however you will need to be able to load multiple leagues to play this challenge. 

As i'm sure you're all aware this challenge is based on the popular football movie "Goal" which saw a young Mexican striker fight through the hard times to lead the line at Newcastle United, as such on this save you'll find yourself as the manager of Newcastle with Santiago and his side kick Gavin Harris within your team! 

As for the challenge itself the goal of this save is you have to guide Santi and Gavin to Champions League glory with Newcastle but once this is done you have to earn the Real Madrid job, once you've earned the biggest job in football you have to sign these two players and winning the Champions League with Madrid will see you complete the challenge. 

The Challenge In Short

1. Win the Champions League with Newcastle United

2. Earn Real Madrid job

3. Sign the two players mentioned

4. Win the Champions League with Real Madrid

5. Challenge completed

goal-2-living-dream.jpg

The Rules

1. Both players must play an important role within both Champions League wins, the completed leader board will be based on amount of seasons taken and performances of Harris and Munez

2. Newcastle and Madrid are the only clubs you can play as

3. Photo evidence must be provided, i'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow

4. No cheating, reloading or use of the editors

5. Own formations only

6. This save file must be used!

7, Have fun!

Once again a massive thank you to AnfieldSquirrel and JustM1kePlays, hopefully you will support this idea as it took a lot to get it out here for you guys! 

Download Here

Really hope you enjoy this one guys.

Big thank you to Ash and AnfieldSquirrel for letting me be apart of this. It was hard work but worth it!

It is save file 2 as well lads so make sure you back yours up

Looking forward to seeing your updates

Love the movie but I don't have the IGE

As Ash said in the OP you don't need it. We have a way round it now.

Download it an give it a go! Remember back up your current save file 2

This sounds EPIC will give it a go I reckon!

How did it get done in the end? Using MyClub?

Yes an the scrapbook! It's a great save Jack

You don't need the editor! Read the post.

5RA9Znz.png

5NhxHN4.png

Forgot to add the screenshots, got too excited :D

We created him on the IGE, then used the scrapbook feature to turn it into a myclub save, a brilliant work around in my opinion :P

I'd also suggest giving them a new contract on day one!

I wouldn't have released it if it needed the IGE as I'm not going to support it or make people wish they had it.

Top stance to take and I'm glad it's the top guy on here doing it.

Congrats, I'm glad you got to make this a reality.

The game is hardly worth the money in it's current state, never mind doubling that for the editor. I had hoped to create save game challenges this year but I'm not prepared to promote the editor tbh as it's expensive, hindered Vibe and stopped me doing the content I like doing and sharing. I really like the idea of LeeC's challenge and it actually tempted me to get the editor so I could play it and I don't want to be putting people into that position.

The game is hardly worth the money in it's current state, never mind doubling that for the editor. I had hoped to create save game challenges this year but I'm not prepared to promote the editor tbh as it's expensive, hindered Vibe and stopped me doing the content I like doing and sharing. I really like the idea of LeeC's challenge and it actually tempted me to get the editor so I could play it and I don't want to be putting people into that position.

Im glad my challenge tempted you to get the editor :)

I have started this challenge, I loved the film when it was released...

1 thing, I thought Gavin Harris was a striker in the film not MC, it has been a while since i seen the film though

I'm 99% sure he's a CM, you've made me doubt it now lol, IIRC Munez partnered Shearer(?)

And in turn I am now doubting myself, I thought in the film it was explained he was bought to score goals and he was not...seemed the film equivalent of Jozy Altidore, couldn't score in a brothel with £50 notes wrapped round his willy :D

On my second attempt now, got sacked after 9 games picking up only 3pts out of 27