Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Le Tour de France 2015

BatiGoal

Hi everyone,

I'd like to present you one of my personal favorite challenges. I've been thinking for days how to make this challenge a little different from the current ones and add a fun twist to it. I think, I hope, I came up with the right ingredients to lure a few players out and have a go at it.

Le Tour de France 2015

This year's tour is starting off in Holland before moving on to Belgium and then ending as usual in France.

There are 20 stages in this cycling competition before reaching its finish line in Paris but for the convenience of this challenge I've reduced it to 5.

Also, for this challenge you'll not only need to choose a player to bring along with you who excels at 1 particular aspect only, such as scoring goals or providing assists, but at both. Tour de France champions excel in a team (assists) as well as in individual time trials (goals) so you'll need to choose wisely. A player who can play in multiple positions is strongly advised.

5 stages

2015TdF.jpg

Stage 1: Holland

Pick any Dutch team from the top division

Stage 2: Belgium

Pick any Belgian team from the top division

Stage 3: North France

Pick any Northern French team from the top division. See below:

Stage3.jpg

Stage 4: South France

Pick any Southern French team from the top division, see below:

Stage4.jpg

Stage 5: Paris

Get the Paris St. Germain job

The Challenge

1. Activate the nations Holland, Belgium and France.
  2. Choose a player and bring him to your Dutch club.
  3. Have your player provide 25 assists in stage 1.
  4. Have your player provide 25 assists in stage 2.
  5. Have your player provide 25 assists in stage 3.
  6. Have your player provide 25 assists in stage 4.
  7. Have your player score 250 goals in stage 5.

Completed

So once you're done with 25 assists in stage 1 find a Belgian team, bring your player along and repeat for stages 2, 3 and 4.

(For your convenience I made a list of the teams from the North and South of France for stages 3 and 4.)

Final job is the toughest as it may take a season or 2 before you are actually offered the PSG job with that in mind I set realistic aims for the 5 stages as the not-too-high number of goals and total assists should give you enough time to travel around and manage 5 different teams.

Once you cross the finish line your player will have at least 100 assists in a Dutch, Belgian and 2 French teams as well as 250 goals in a PSG shirt.

Goodluck!

Very happy to hear you guys like it.

Hopefully we'll have someone try it before the Tour starts.

Or I will at some point.

I did a similar challenge but not yet the one up here which I finally managed to perfect.

Does it matter in what order you go or not because I might consider doing it, it seems pretty interesting :) cheers

Yes it does. It will be a much nicer experience if you follow the actual route stage by stage as it would've been, and will be when they hop onto their bikes come July. It kinda ruins the challenge if the stages are mixed up.

You have a decent selection of clubs to choose from stage by stage so hopefully that's not the biggest of your worries. But obviously the trickiest part is that last stage getting PSG job as well as bringing along your player as you move clubs.

Cheers!

My only worry thinking about it would be getting the player to take the step down from Holland to Belgium.

It might help not starting at PSV or Ajax or yes it will be seen as a step down. Then again perhaps he won't be very picky if you manage 25 assists in a single season and he hasn't had time to up his demands yet.

Definitely not as smooth a ride as one may expect.

I actually love this idea, well done on such a brilliant post.

Thanks a lot.

I have a few ideas in mind :D

I would actually play this now but i have a Belgium and France save already and i haven't enjoyed Holland in years lol, maybe at a later date.

I look forward to your PM then :D, there is nothing I love more than discussing challenge ideas! I also know what it's like when you have an idea but no idea how to make it a challenge, I've had one bugging me for weeks now lol. Anyway to the point I'm only happy to help :).