Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 PriZe presents: CR7 the oldest 1KC?

PriZe

PriZe presents: CR7 the oldest 1KC?

Introduction:

Hi all and welcome to my first FMH 15 1KC of the year! When I play careers I tend to have a backup career in case boredom hits. For me grinding to 1000 or even more goals can be a challenge sometimes, especially after the first few seasons when your team is exactly how you want it.

In my backup career I test ideas I have for challenges, tactics and careers. This way FMH stays fun and I don’t know about you, but I like to have some feeling if what I am trying to do is remotely possible ^_^ 

This year I struggled, a lot of the ideas I had would have to take place in either Portugal or Brazil. Now Brazil on its own is quite the challenge due to the long season and I didn’t fancy to go back to Portugal as my current Triple Threat takes places at Porto.

One of the things I haven’t done on FMH is a superstar career. I tend to stick to wonder kids or the odd hidden gem. Yeah I have used superstars in my starting eleven, but a career with the superstar being the main event was missing! A main reason for not using a superstar as the main event is that it takes the difficulty of the current challenges a few notches down. The result, you don’t have anything interesting to read, and I don’t feel like I am achieving something. So if I want to do it, then I need to make it challenging!

The challenge:

It took me a few days and some discussion with Ashez to come up with an idea. To make the superstar save fun it should be an old lad and not the Neymar’s of this world. And since I am doing a Triple Threat career at the moment, this left me with either a 1KC or a Double Trouble.

ronaldoibrahimovicmessi.jpg

If you ask me, from the “aging” superstars Ronaldo, Messi and Ibrahimovic are my favourites. So I focussed myself on the three lads. At first I tried to see if I could come up with a challenge for Ibra, but with his 32 years he was just too old for me. But with his 29 years at the start, Ronaldo would turn 30 in the first season… And as in the famous words of Louis van Gaal, this is when the quarter dropped! :huh:

Ronaldo has mind baffling stats for his age, and in my test saves he kept them for quite some time. And after here somebody said CR7 would never get to a 1000 goals :angry:  I felt challenged! :D

Yes ladies and gentleman, I have the idiotic :blink:  idea to try and score a 1000 goals with Ronaldo, making him effectively the oldest player to complete a 1KC with.

The math:

Some math for you guys!

1000/100 = 10 years

1000/90 = 11 years

1000/80 = 12,5 years

1000/70 = 14 year

Hmm this looks impossible! If he has 6 seasons left, then he would need 166 goals which is impossible. But if I can get him to play between 8 and 10 year this would give me a slim chance! That would mean that I should get about 125 goals a season.

:O

How do I want to achieve this?

ronaldo_portugal_and_real_madrid_by_leon

To make it remotely possible I will have to hit high numbers in the first few years and get ITN management as quickly as possible. That is the only way I will have a chance! As a backup plan I will load Portugal for his last few years of playing.

Closing statement:

Yes it’s a mental idea ^_^ . And there are lots of variables who can screw it up for me. He might refuse to sign a contract after 35 years, stamina bug, injuries etc etc. But if I manage to pull this off, this would be truly epic stuff if you ask me :cool:  Let me know what you think!  :)

Just to let you know that he announced his retirement on my sixth season. :)

what? sorry? i don't understand ;-) Currently i have him on a contract which goes past the sixth, so keeping fingers crossed :)

Wow great idea ! Good luck, will you play CR7 in wingers or striker position ?

Striker, as a winger this isn't possible if you ask me

Good luck mate - I'll give you some encouragement that this is doable, as on my Zivkovic 1kc I signed him for Man. Utd at 32 and he's still scoring important goals as my back up striker at the ripe old age of 37! Will be retiring at the end of this season at age 38.

So I'm sure if he's still being played as first choice rather than a back up you could even get him to 40!

Doesn't look possible but good luck, hopefully you avoid the stamina bug :D

i'm looking at his profile almost every week haha paranoid due to the stamina bug :O

Broke his leg and retired at 33 on my save! But good luck you'll need it!

Hmm not something i want too happen haha

Stamina bug-> 5-6 stamina in few weeks

Good luck :P

thanks for that :P

Good luck PriZe. As long as no injuries an the stamina stays decent you should be able to do it

thanks for the vote of confidence

Good luck mate - I'll give you some encouragement that this is doable, as on my Zivkovic 1kc I signed him for Man. Utd at 32 and he's still scoring important goals as my back up striker at the ripe old age of 37! Will be retiring at the end of this season at age 38.

So I'm sure if he's still being played as first choice rather than a back up you could even get him to 40!

now tis is what i like to hear! sounds promising, hope i am lucky and get him to play until 38

it is still on, am in 5th season at the moment but due to work i haven't had time for an update

Welldone Prize,at least you replied I would still be waiting for this save