Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez Plays For The Pride Of Africa!

Ashez

Ashez Plays For The Pride Of Africa!

As many of you have already guessed i've been playing the "Pride Of A Continent" challenge recently, once i'd finished Fierro i hit a bit of a brick wall where i couldn't get any of my ideas to work out so i decided it would be best to do a team based challenge for a change of pace. After looking through the forums of previous years none really floated my boat so in the end i decided to play for the pride of Africa in an attempt to celebrate the on going African Cup of Nations and because it's one of my favourite challenges in general. 

The Club

PSG

PSG are a club i've always had an interest in but it's one where i've never managed to achieve anything, every save i have in France normally ends up with me losing interest so i decided now was the time to end this horrid run. 

The Challenge

For those of you who do not know the aim of the challenge is to select a continent which in my case is Africa, once this has been selected i can only use players from this continent and i have to win every trophy available to me, so in this case i must win the following.

Champions League

Europa League

CWC

European Super Cup

League

Champions Throphy

Coupe de la Ligue

French Cup

Once and if i manage to win these competitions the challenge will be complete.

As i see no point in this career having an opening post let's crack on with the show!

Ashez Plays For The Pride Of Africa

Season One

The Starting Squad

Fuz8e96.png

Hmmm not much to work with!

Transfers

z1d1soh.png

Nothing major here!

ZDui7ws.png

Some interesting squad players and a key defender signed!

ctDDiUZ.png

Not the best squad as yet but some solid and experienced players joined the team

hp0WUl4.png

Finally some big first team additions!

HKLTA1P.png

The strikers are here!

7S0df2W.png

Starting XI

GK: Enyeama

RB: Aurier

LB: Taiwo

CB: Nkoulou

CB: Gueye

DMC: Tiote

CM: Diame

CM: Mulumbu

ST: Cisse

ST: Bony

ST: Emenike

As you can see i decided to use my trusted 433 during this save but you'll likely also noticed that i tried somewhat to stay away from the big name players, sure i have a few names knocking about of note but i could have gone bigger, the bigger names will come in the following seasons i'm sure. 

Season Review

XN6WmKo.png

Taking everything into account i think we had a solid season, a whole new squad was built and we still walked away with the league title! My only worry is Falcao returns next season!

League

PidThEI.png

I can't believe we ran away with it! A solid campaign for sure!

Champions Trophy

q1mFNf2.png

The first mickey mouse trophy has been crossed off the list!

Manager Information

fsKqoP7.png

1SY88PP.png

qeM2wWc.png

Star Player

Bony

Stats

NICH9DW.png

Awesome!

Results

eD8uY29.png

A massive first season considering he's in a front three, we're going to need this lad if we're going to achieve anything during this career!

Player Stats

Appearances

ghDMrQG.png

AvR

DoAHIQj.png

A mixed bag if truth be told!

Assists

cguTAdN.png

Disappointing! I need to find a way to get more creativity into the side next season.

Goals

9zbzlaf.png

Not a lot outside the front three so another area that needs improving in the summer.

Target List

Champions League

Europa League

CWC

European Super Cup

League

Champions Throphy

Coupe de la Ligue

French Cup

One season down and two off the list so not bad going at all. 

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment :D

Really nice to see different challenge around.

Great first season despite rebuilding the squad.

Now that Europa League..how are you going to manage to play in that competition? Lose deliberately?

Ash you always do too much,1 minute you are cracking a 1kc the other minute you are tearing up portugal or somewhere else with your mind blowing careers.And speaking of pride of the continent,really enjoyed the last one you did though i wasnt on vibe yet i read through.Its been ages

@UK: Thanks mate :)

@Bati: Thanks, as for the Europa league it will be trail and error, if I claim the CL early I will start to attempt to throw games but it's also why I haven't built a squad too strong too soon so I might struggle if that makes sense.

@Aber: Thanks mate :)

@JS: Thanks :)

@Lil: That means a lot, I also loved my previous attempt :D

@RJ: Thanks :D. Haha I wanted to use Wanyama for sure but I didn't want to go too strong to soon, I'm sure he'll make an appearance at some point though :).

I love this challenge! To win the League and a Cup in your first seasons is fantastic! Especially given some of your players are not exactly Ballon D'Or candidates. Would love to see the development of Aurier, he was good last year, and I wonder if he's any good this year!

KIU

A lot of good challenges from you Ashez! I'm tempted to start a similar challenge using only South American Players. But I think that would not be as challenging, and fun as I this :)

@IP: Thanks mate, if I remember I'll be sure to include him in an update, unfortunately he didn't impress early on.

@Eli: Thanks :D. I've done a SA version in the past and it does lack some of the challenge somewhat, however I was a big club as it was intended as a fun/filler career so I went for the big names on day one. However the challenge can be extremely hard and interesting if you picked a weaker and less attractive club/league like Portugal or Belgium, this would force you to use lesser players which in turn would make the save rather fun :).

Trying not to go off topic but can't see the corresponding challenge thread.

I believe the original of this challenge says not using Europe, would Eastern Europe only work/be in the rules of the challenge?

Inspired to start one of these as a side career soon.

Roll on season two!

I thought you were AS for a second :P

you have a point there ash,he hasn't been around for while,but if he was he'd definitely say something like that Lol

Sorry for no updates lads, been rather busy and I look to be for the rest of the week, I'll have it up as soon as possible though :).

Ashez Plays For The Pride Of Africa

Season Two

After a delay a lot longer than i had hoped i've finally found the time to get an update out, things are claiming down again now so you shouldn't have such a long delay in the future.

Transfers

CbVNW7X.png

8L1T8RW.png

Rq68rqj.png

qXocle5.png

A busy window! A lot of players to try and some brought in just to make some extra money.

The Squad

TLNyPcG.png

HawoUUv.png

12wxrjo.png

TVKbYm8.png

mEpBhP0.png

Not a bad look squad!

A Tough Start

All the dealings i did, an injury to Bony (two months) and poor goalkeeping form meant we had a difficult start to the season

jmUMBt1.png

E1TkOPT.png

We have ten points to make up, not ideal at all!

Some Frustrating Results

Abch2WI.png

Err

aEGFnvP.png

Hmm

pDKKrcK.png

Oh come on!

2zEqiHR.png

Seriously?

vSYRGNk.png

Someones taking the piddle!

f2nwL0O.png

I could scream!

XLZX8yR.png

:@

ulVKc2O.png

SIgh

gHg9iUL.png

Blar

The Final Standing

We pulled back the gap but we had some fierce competition for first place

LfqICa1.png

It's in our hands!

GLkhq16.png

And we blow it! We still have hope though!

0sa4tdi.png

We both drop points but Monaco win the league :@

LdibIno.png

A harsh way to miss out on the title, i thought it was ours!

The Final Table

QqUJUoU.png

Too many costly results at the start and that draw at the end killed our dreams.

Season Review

BRWYkG1.png

Thankfully the season wasn't a complete waste as we managed to win the French Cup, we crashed out the Champions League on pens to Barcelona.

French Cup

tOHKkqn.png

Champions Trophy

qvp9iW8.png

Team Performances

AvR

n0DCh1K.png

Bony was our best player but he lacked the goals of last term, worst of all he has gained a new problem....

Goals

yBChJDK.png

Not enough when we're conceding so many, someone has to step up next season!

Assists

5OKkw9q.png

Noone stands out :(

Manager Profile

BS0wuoF.png

QJSFNhp.png

Another career with a missed title :@

Target List

Champions League

Europa League

CWC

European Super Cup

League

Champions Throphy

Coupe de la Ligue

French Cup

A disappointing season alround but thankfully the French Cup success means it wasn't wasted, hopefully things pick up in season three!

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.