Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 10 things to do before starting

vcadu92

Hello,

Today I will introduce you 10 important and useful things to do when you create a new game. These things are sometimes needed, or they simply can be clues for you. Anyway, they are targeting both new players and advised one.

1 - Select your preferences

First, make sure the choice made in "Preferences" is what you want. I mean in terms of languages (you can choose between English, French, Spanish and Italian), Currency (UK Pound Sterling, €uro, US & Australian Dollar) and an important thing : the wage view. It will determine whether the wage is weekly, or whether it is monthly or yearly. If you have always played with the same option (Weekly is the default one) I would not advise you to change. You will not be able to change these choices once the game started. Then choose the Starting Configuration, User Interface and Unlockables according to your preferences. Finally create your new game.

1422537217-screenshot-2015-01-29-13-59-5

2 - "View" and sorting players

Once the game created, I would recommend you to go to your squad team page and to click on "View". You will be able to choose how the page looks like. "General Info" is the one I use and is the default one. Then you can sort your players by name, position or picking for instance. At the beginning of the game, when you do not have made your team yet, sorting players by "Position" is good as it lets you see how many players at each position you have, if they are good or now etc... During the season, sorting them by "Picked" will be easier to analyse your formation before a match.

1422537214-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-00-5

3 - First & Second Team

If you plan to do a long term career with the same club, a very useful tip is to send young players you will not use the first season in the B team and loan them. They will grow/evoluate better than if you keep them in your team without playing. Moreover, it is the assurance, every time a season starts, to pick few players in your B team that you think are ready to play with the first team without having to buy new ones.

To do that, click on the player you want, then "Actions" and choose "Demote" or "Promote".

1422537216-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-01-3

You can also look for new young players (15 to 21 years old), buy them, demote them, loan them and build you whole youth team for the following seasons. Note that by sending them in loan, you can choose not to pay their wage. Therefore it is an economic solution for the present and the future.

4 - Manager Options

Go to "Manager", then "Manager Options".  There you can choose to give the control of your team to your assistant manager for friendly matches. I would not recommend to do that before it is the opportunity to build a team, a system before the season starts, but it can be useful if the match as no interest (D1 vs D5 for instance).

Otherwise, we previously talked about B team and loans. You can also let your assistand loan players by himself.

1422537214-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-01-5

5 - Board Request

The page "Board Request" is a kind of lottery. Do not hesitate at the beginning to ask the board extra transfer/wages funds as when it is accepted it is the most often +4/5M€ in average (at least with a French L1 average club). If you request "Extra time to rebuild the squad" when your team goes well, the board will not understand your request so do this only if the club is not going well. "Expand Stadium" is useful when your club grows and -I am not sure- has a role to increase club's reputation.

1422537216-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-02-1

6 - Adjusting Budgets

Probably one of the most useful tool at the beginning of the game. At the main page of your team, go to "Finances" and select "Adjust Budgets". If your current wage budget is not very high while your wage budget is, you can easily decrease the wage budget to increase the transfer budget. At the contrary, if your current wage budget is very high as your wage budget is not you will have to decrease the transfer budget to increase the wage budget.

1422537217-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-02-2

Moreover, I give you a little tip : if you do not plan to buy new players, decrease your transfer budget to 0 (or increase your wage budget to the maximum), it will make the board happy in terms of "financial control".

7 - Select your season aim

At the beginning of the game, the board will ask you to determine your aim for the season. The more it is high, the more you will be given a high transfer budget and wage budget. However, if you have the choice between "Win the league" or "European Qualification" (Or "struggle against relegation" and "honest position"), there will not be huge difference between the budgets proposed. Therefore you should choose the easier aim as if you choose the more difficult one and you do not achieve it, the board will not be happy and you might be fired.

1422537217-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-03-4

8 - View assistant report

That step can be very useful if you have chosen a team you do not know very much. Indeed, in this report, your Assistant manager will tell you where your team needs to be improved and will give you some players that might be useful to buy for the team. Moreover, he will give you the best player of the team at each position which even if it is not always wholy true, remains very useful for you if you do not know this team.

1422537217-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-03-1

9 & 10 - Check your team & buy players

Two things at once ! Indeed, I think what will be said next will be one of the most important thing to do when you start a game. I highly advise you to check your players' position right from the beginning and see if you have enough players at each position. In a club, a total number of 26-32 players seem good.

According to the tactical you use, the number of players required at each position is not the same. I will give you the composition I use for a team playing in 4-2-2-2 :

1422537218-screenshot-2015-01-29-14-04-1

- 3 Goalkeepers : among them, as the 3rd goalkeeper, I recommend you a young one between 15 and 21 years old. He will not play a lot, or at all, but he might be useful in the future.

- 2 Left Back + 2 Right Back + 1 L/C/R Back : Two main players for both sides + one other in case of there is many injuries in your team. This fifth player does not need to be the best one as he should play between 0 and 10 match/season.

- 4 Central Defenders : You can also have 5 Central Defenders if you find it necessary.

- 4 Central Midfielders

- 2 Left Wing/Minfield + 2 Right Wing/Midfield + 1 L/C/R Wing/Midfield : Exactly the same as left and right back players.

- 4 Strikers : 1 undisputable, 2 with the same level and another to support. If you sometimes change to 4-3-3, a fifth one could be needed.

If you notice that a position does not have enough player you should buy a new one by going to "Search" & "Player Search".

To conclude, if you think you have done everything that is needed, one thing is still to be done : enjoy playing!

thank you for reading,

Vcadu92

Helpful guide, Vcadu92.

Re view and sorting players during the season.

Using the save/load selection is easy too. Handy when one has 4-5 players returning from injury or suspensions.

Re view assistant report

To be honest I would perhaps advice new FMH players to avoid this as this report can change from match to match. It's highly based on a player's average rating so it can work against you in the first week/month.

As you say "it (the report) isn't wholy true" so it would be very useful for new FMH players to expand on this in an update if there is one.

Re team and players

I would only argue re 26-32 squad players. Small/lower league teams this number won't get you into trouble with players' dissatisfaction and multiple tranfer requests but bigger teams will. Personally for bigger teams 18-22 players is ideal if you have versatile players in the squad and rotation will keep everyone smiling.

Can we expect more "10 Things to do when ..."? would make for an interesting series with many possibilities.

Cheers!

Great guide, the only thing I would add is training schedules (I never touch them but others do). Regardless, good work mate :)

I do not use this too (at least almost not) :)

Helpful guide, Vcadu92.

Re view and sorting players during the season.

Using the save/load selection is easy too. Handy when one has 4-5 players returning from injury or suspensions.

Re view assistant report

To be honest I would perhaps advice new FMH players to avoid this as this report can change from match to match. It's highly based on a player's average rating so it can work against you in the first week/month.

As you say "it (the report) isn't wholy true" so it would be very useful for new FMH players to expand on this in an update if there is one.

Re team and players

I would only argue re 26-32 squad players. Small/lower league teams this number won't get you into trouble with players' dissatisfaction and multiple tranfer requests but bigger teams will. Personally for bigger teams 18-22 players is ideal if you have versatile players in the squad and rotation will keep everyone smiling.

Can we expect more "10 Things to do when ..."? would make for an interesting series with many possibilities.

Cheers!

Thank you for your comment. About the Assistant report, even if it changes during the season according to player's average and so on, at the beginning I still think it could be useful if you do not know the team.

I think 18/22 players with a big team is not enough as if you plan to win the league or something like that, 2/3 injuries/red card/international call up and you would have some troubles ;)

10 things to do when, is a very good idea :)

Any suggestion?

The 18-22 squad is what I've ended up with after playing countless seasons but I have to say I set high standards for them as they need to be 75-80% of the quality of first team players (eventually) and able to play in multiple positions. Reason for this is they're doing somewhere between 10-20 games/season as subs to ensure a steady improvement of their skills and therefore maintain my club's consistent level when I rotate. Most of these players move up to become starters in 3-5 seasons.

Anything less and they'll be sent out on loan.

In the end I think it comes down to how each and everyone approaches the game. We all have different ideas.

As for the suggestions..I have a few but the one that stands out is a guide on International Management. I don't think I've seen any around and there's quite a few different ways to go about it. I don't have a lot of experience on managing national teams myself only on the odd ocassion. Maybe a guide will get a few of us enthusiasted to take one on.

Cheers!

The way you explained it is really interesting. It really depends to how each and everyone approaches the game but your vision seems really nice, and I should try it, very few players but able to play in different positions.

International Management is what I really like, it is a nice idea!

4 strikers might be to much, I only have 3 giroud, Welbeck, and paco Alcacer and we are doing fine. But that's just me.

Good article

That's depends on how many you use, if you used a 433 then you'd need more than one spare striker.

I am a fan of small squads though, I like being in the position where I can clear all and the assistant gets my starting XI as correct as possible.

Here's a tip: at the end of every season, when the end of season screen appears, move all your budget to wages. When the new season starts, you will get a new transfer budget and all of your wage money will be the same! Now move money to get a useful budget to play with.

4 strikers might be to much, I only have 3 giroud, Welbeck, and paco Alcacer and we are doing fine. But that's just me.

Good article

In my opinion 3 is not enough if you have two strikers : the 3rd enters during the match but if one of them is injured you do not have any joker. It is just my opinion ;)

Here's a tip: at the end of every season, when the end of season screen appears, move all your budget to wages. When the new season starts, you will get a new transfer budget and all of your wage money will be the same! Now move money to get a useful budget to play with.

I think if I remember well that if you keep a high transfer budget at the end of the season, the transfer budget of the new season will be higher than it is usually.

Maybe I am wrong ;) 

I just try to buy someone before the season ends so I won't lose any of my transfer budget. They don't appear to come back in the following season, if I'm not wrong that is.

I just try to buy someone before the season ends so I won't lose any of my transfer budget. They don't appear to come back in the following season, if I'm not wrong that is.

It should not come back ;)

can i reprint and share and translate it to a group?

PM me what group please :)

Not just that. The comments are great too!

Great guide although I find that assistant manager reports at the start always talk rubbish. Apart from that a brilliant guide thanks!

Thank you :) it does, but it can help if you do not know a team at all :)

Great guide although I find that assistant manager reports at the start always talk rubbish. Apart from that a brilliant guide thanks!

Yeah I suppose so. Great article :-)

Yeah I suppose so. Great article :-)

But I think we are agree to say that it needs to be improved :)