Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 An English Takeover!!

Jonesyy

Okay so on my way to work tonight I just had an idea pop into my head, so obviously it hasn't had a huge amount of thought but still a half decent idea for a challenge!!

Right so this challenge will not only be my first challenge or career to be posted on here, but my first topic!! So what better way to start my life with you all than to make a challenge, based around putting English football and the English talent where it should be, at the top!!

What this challenge is going to consist of is basically, I'm going to choose a team in the barclays premier league, and I have 3 seasons to win 9 trophies ( averaging 3 trophies a season ), which considering my team of choice, I feel could be a tough challenge to face as the first season will be more of a building season to create that squad I feel is strong enough to be at the top.

So this challenge will consist a lot around the choice of tactic and maybe so how the training regime develops certain player attributes.

So every story has a twist, so the twist to this tactic is that for every match I shall have at least 6 english players on the pitch at all times threwout the match, which considering potential injuries and fitness problems I think is quite a high number to try and maintain.

Another twist is that I must win the premier league twice, and I must win the champions league in the third season.

Realistically, considering my team of choice, I won't be expecting the premier league in the first season, so first season I shall be aiming for both domestic cups ( the fa cup, and the capital one cup ) to add 2 trophies to the cabinet by the end of the first season.

Which would mean I have to win the premier league the following two seasons.

So the second season I would hope to win the premier league aswell as win two cups, putting me on to a trophy cabinet of 5 trophies.

Meaning the third season would require a quadruple of cups, which could be near to impossible to achieve!!

So the third season will have to be a successful title defence of the premier league, becoming champions of europe, as well as winning the 2 of the 3 cups I would be in ( charity shield, fa cup, capital one cup ).

So there's the challenge I plan on taking on, I feel it is a hard but interesting challenge to try and complete, so achieving this could be a great little introduction to fmhvibe.

I won't create my own tactic for this challenge, I will pick 2 tactics from the forums that I can swap and change between as I need too which I feel could help me achieve what I aim to.

Now I shall also add, that my team of choice will be Liverpool of course!!

Please, anybody that feels they have any advice, anything they think I could add into the challenge to make it more interesting or even to make it a little more realistically achievable, please do.

As well as, if anybody wants to see me using any tactic in particular for this challenge, please do say so and I shall choose from whichever tactic seems to be requested the most.

Whether this challenge is successful or not, I'm going to give it everything and see what I can make of it.

I shall maybe give this a couple of days until the time is right, give anybody a chance to comment what they may, and they I shall get this challenge underway!!

Thanks for reading guys and thank you to anybody who has any advice etc.

Respect!!

I just had a look at the squad you're working with and at the moment you have 11 English players.

of which 6 are class, 3 are pretty decent and 2 loan material at best.

And from those 9 worthy of a place in the team I'm guessing 2 have 1 more good season in them left.

You definitely have a challenge on your hands. 

Do you have any English players in mind you want to buy before the start of the league?

It might be easier to select a formation based on the English players in your squad as you'll need to include at least 6 of them.

Goodluck!

A challenge I have indeed!!

I have a few potential transfers in mind that I would like to make which would be:

Steven Caulker to even partner Skrtel in defence or Wisdom if i risk bringing him back off loan ( His partner would depend on the tactic I play ).

James Ward-Prowse, although he's young I would risk him performing from the off.

Kieran Gibbs to replace Moreno at wing back, depending how I feel as i'm a big fan of Moreno.

Maybe even take a swoop at Fabian Delph.

Depending how money is and if I can bring some money in to help fund the transfer I would look at bringing Walcott in to maybe play a front line of 3 consisting of Sturridge, Sterling and Walcott.

They're just off the top of the head potential ideas for transfers in my first season while not so many players are attracted and I maybe don't have the money to build that I would maybe need.

I do have a formation in mind which would be Pigs Drift, but I am yet un-decided until I see what suggestions and feedback I recieve.

Cheers dude!! Yeah well I support Liverpool plus they have a good few English players to they're definately first choice for me!! I'm sure the challenge will be quite difficult and I would even suprise myself if I managed to complete it, but definately worth going all out and attempting!!

Although in all fairness, fingers crossed if the challenge is successful, main credit would be due to the creators of the tactics I use!!