Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 [Guide] What team should I manage - Beginners

vcadu92

What team should I manage ?

fmhxooit-4864daf.png

This guide has been created in order to help beginners. After having given some advice to a new member here : http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/25284-beginner-need-help/ , I decided to write a guide to make my advice more visible by all. If you are a beginner, you might meet a problem that many players met. Indeed, you may not find a team to manage for your first game. That is something normal as you are probably looking for an easier game in order to determine how the game works and to adapt yourself with the game. The aim of this guide is to give you some advice to choose your first team. I would recommend you 5 categories :

• A "big" team : what I mean with big team is a famous team with an important history. But I am not talking about Nottingham Forest or Stade de Reims which were former very important European teams. I am talking about teams that had a good ranking last year (1st or 2nd of the league) as it would be easier to play since you would be favourite of your games, you would have an important transfer budget, a good squad with worldwide players and very talented young players. It can also work with little teams which won their league last year but you would not have a big transfer budget and a high quality squad.

I would recommend : Chelsea, Real Madrid C.F., Bayern München, Paris Saint-Germain & Lindfield.

• A relegated team : you can also take a team which had been relegated the last year. Indeed, by being relegated, the team is favourite and the game would be easier as the most often, it will be easier to be promoted than another team. Be careful, it is not the case with every team. Some teams have been relegated but are not favourite to get promoted the following season. Finally it can also be some teams that have been relegated few years ago and did not manage to be promoted back for a few number of points only.

I would recommend : Betis Seville, Fulham, Nurenberg, Sochaux, Valenciennes, FC Istres.
                     I would not recommend : CA Bastia

• Australian team : Hyundai A-League has less teams than European leagues. The advantage is that the fixture is softer, and you will not loose a lot of time to determine how the team works, how the league works and so on... You will be able to spend more time on the other aspects of the game (finances, training etc...). Other little leagues can work too (Welsh, Irish, N-Irish league).

I would recommend : Sydney FC

• Your favourite team : it may not be the easier team to play with, I do not know, but there is at least one advantage : you probably know this team better than others. That means you will manage easier to build your team, determine your tactic, buy players the club needs and so on... And of course, it is always interesting to play with our team!

I would recommend : It is your choice !!

• An important nation : the advantage of starting your first game with a nation is that it is a way to discover the game in its easiest aspect. Indeed, you will not have to deal with finances, training, contracts and this kind of things. Moreover the schedule is very soft, you will not be worried of having 3 matches a week! A strong team with good players is highly advised to make the game easier.

►I would recommend : France, England, Italy, Spain.

Bonus : I recommend you Glasgow Rangers. Relegated in D4 in 2012 because of financial issue, the club is now in D2 and has a good squad and the ability to win the championship and join the 1st Division.

This guide is my opinion only : some of you may disagree.

Hope this helps,

Vcadu92,

Very good and solid advice, totally agree with all of them. Though I would put Linfield in a category of small nations perhaps - Wales, Scotland, Holland, Belgium, Portugal where it is easy to dominate the league but not the Champions League.

I would recommend from these - Celtic, Porto, Anderlecht, Linfield and The New Saints.

Very good and solid advice, totally agree with all of them. Though I would put Linfield in a category of small nations perhaps - Wales, Scotland, Holland, Belgium, Portugal where it is easy to dominate the league but not the Champions League.

I would recommend from these - Celtic, Porto, Anderlecht, Linfield and The New Saints.

Yes, I agree with you, I have hesitated a long time about quoting Lindfield or not.

Good examples, even if I have never played with The New Saints.

The New Saints are one of the few professional clubs in Wales and certainly the biggest (cannot find if they are the only one) so it is worth a shout out for them. It is very easy to dominate Wales and Northern Ireland with Linfield and TNS like it is easy to dominate Celtic with Scotland. The other two are a bit more risky but you have extra money to do it with.

The New Saints are one of the few professional clubs in Wales and certainly the biggest (cannot find if they are the only one) so it is worth a shout out for them. It is very easy to dominate Wales and Northern Ireland with Linfield and TNS like it is easy to dominate Celtic with Scotland. The other two are a bit more risky but you have extra money to do it with.

I would have thought Bangor City would be very easy too.

Hi Dec, this is all I could find..

January 29th, 2015

"The New Saints sitting comfortably in a very familiar and undefeated position at the top of the table as they prepare to host Port Talbot Town at Park Hall.

With just ten games remaining in the current campaign, the only full-time professional side in the domestic top-flight are well on course to claim a ninth Welsh Premier League title.."

http://www.markpitman1.com/2015/01/29/saints-success-point-excess/

So they are definitely the only full-time professional Welsh club that we can play as on FMH, because we only have the top flight in Wales :)

They would but are semi-professional so I chose TNS for their status to attract players easier.

Thank you, I did not know

Hi Dec, this is all I could find..

January 29th, 2015

"The New Saints sitting comfortably in a very familiar and undefeated position at the top of the table as they prepare to host Port Talbot Town at Park Hall.

With just ten games remaining in the current campaign, the only full-time professional side in the domestic top-flight are well on course to claim a ninth Welsh Premier League title.."

http://www.markpitman1.com/2015/01/29/saints-success-point-excess/

So they are definitely the only full-time professional Welsh club that we can play as on FMH, because we only have the top flight in Wales :)

I think he talks about Bangor ;)

I was replying to this part. Just being helpful;)

The New Saints are one of the few professional clubs in Wales and certainly the biggest (cannot find if they are the only one)