Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 1000 goals, so near yet so far, far away

billy2shots

Welcome to the end of my attempt to score 1000 goals with a single player.

I'm not going to call in a 1k challenge for two reasons.

I didn't set out to complete the 1k challenge, it was just something I did to keep a long career interesting.

Its also a regen (every chance it's CR7).

With those two points in mind I hope this will still be of interest.

I would like you all to meet Manuel Silva.

ckyWBo8.jpg

I had just won the league managing Liverpool but I wasn't happy. I wanted to play a specific system but my players were struggling with it. My first 11 were OK but I was found out when I had to use my backup players.

With this in mind I went in search of a winger that could play left and right. He would be cover for Sterling and Depay. Manuel had what I was looking for, great pace and 14 already for crossing that I thought could be improved apon. What he didn't have in his locker was shootingm and movement.

A bid was made but quickly Chelsea joined the race for him. I hate paying more than £30mil for a player (I have done it twice in 24 seasons) however Chelsea were my main rivals and I didn't want them signing someone who would pinch the league from me.

Bidding reached an eye watering £40mil. He joined me in the January window.

He started a Capital One game with the rest of my reserves and scored 2 from the right wing. A couple of sub appearances later he had scored 4 in 8. I gave him his chance in the first team instead of Depay. I gave him the role of inside forward rather than winger. The goals kept coming and his stats started to fly up!

At the end of the season, Mario Baloteli was was playing up and annoying the squad. I decided to cash in and Manuel was pushed up top as my main Striker.

He never looked back.

PnVa0I3.jpg

60sCHCH.jpg

After 13 years at the club he left on a free. This is when I decided the 1k was my goal. He wouldn't sign a new contract but was happy to join me again having left the club!

KAZygkE.jpg

It was now very much 'on'.

Those stats are absolutely terrific for a 38 yo.

Would've loved to see a full career with this guy.

Come on get those remaining goals!

This should be a breeze shouldn't it?

At the start of a new season something crazy happened. He just dried up. I don't mean slowed down, I mean stopped!

When he did score they were ruled out for off side.

Things started going from bad to worse.

4Gs89Jz.jpg

b6ie4Vx.jpg

5FFqZsy.jpg

rSAH2Hn.jpg

So now you are all up to the same point as me. Injured, retiring and not scoring.

Half a season left of his wonderful career. Its all or nothing.

After injury I need 22 goals (he scored 4 for his old club) in half a season in the Premier league. He managed 25 last season playing almost every game.

8yvzK9l.jpg

I can't see it.

My 38yo isn't good enough to play up front alone anymore but I'm positive yours still got the stats for it. Maybe try that.

He doesn't get a kick mate. No goal in 10. Playin with 3 poachers he gets the very odd goal.

Is it just me?but I can't see the pics but based on the op I understand you are almost done with a 1kc and if truth be told I love the format in which it was presented.As in you just had to keep playing until you almost hit the 1kc(cutting to the chase I guess).Just reupload the pics pls

With ITN goals you've smashed the challenge, well done! Here's to hoping he can get the 1000 club goals though!

Doesn't feel the same though, does it.

For me it doesnt,theres always some sort of satisfaction when you see 1000 in his history 

Back in the day it was all people cared about but in recent years the club 1k has become more popular, I'll always go for the C1K when I can but if not I'll happily take it including ITN, which ever way you look at it it's an achievement so congrats :D.

I'm in serious trouble. The games are running out fast and although I'm so close, Manuel is not playing ball.

I need 4 goals from these fixtures.

6dMK0ki.jpg

What's the problem?

His form!

fSkdwN5.jpg

2 goals needed. Its over, stick a pin in it, he's done. No way is he going to score for 2 games in a row.

Sorry no screen shot but he didn't score against wolves.

TFZ8xjC.jpg

Maybe replicate the scenario you have in a few test saves to try new formations with an aging striker.

And tweak player roles and such to accommodate him. It helped me a lot.

Plus the NME seems to 'favor' new formations now and again.

Finished yesterday evening and will upload pictures later. No test saves, you only get one shot in real life.

Don't expect a fairytale ending, as predicted he couldn't score 2 games in a row

Of course you get one shot, I'm not talking about re-loading.

Test saves are meant to experiment with your tactical ideas and grow as a manager. 

Call it the training ground of a manager without it one wouldn't be able to compete with the best.

Still you got the 1kc officially. That's gotta be worth something.

I see your reasoning and yes it would be like tweaking on the training ground.

In Silvas final game before he retired he failed to find the back of the net.

xdJjUwL.jpg

It was a shame as it would have been a fitting end to his career. I have won 24 titles from 24 seasons and he has been a huge part in 19 of them (18 1/2 seasons played).

1goYPkE.jpg

He scored 4 goals for his previous club. Every international goal was scored whilst with me.

Manuel Silva, I salute you!

FpxXjqR.jpg

Wait. What's this? I forgot to mention the Barnsley match.

r0PA67P.jpg

2 goals, 2 flipping goals!!!!!

He hasn't done that all season and he chooses now to do it!

1000 Liverpool goals done!

iXXIlKC.jpg

Right about now I would be doubting the honesty of this if I was reading it. I swear on my kids life this is how it happened. No saving or reloading, just good old fashioned luck..

A fitting way to end this 24 year save.

Although Ashez 370 odd assists are looking tempting!

DZpshla.jpg

WOW this made my day. I can feel your joy.

Awesome stuff man. 

A shame we couldn't experience the whole journey with you that be more amazing.

Congrats man!