Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 4 players that you should substitute

vcadu92

4 players that you should substitute

When comes the 60th minute of the game, it is often the time of substitutions. But who should leave the field? I bring you 4 possible answer to this question.

1424948523-screenshot-2015-02-26-11-57-1

3 players you could substitute according to what follows

- Tired player
I think that it is the most important. You should substitute players that are tired in order to remain superior to your opponent in the physical side. It can be very important to have a fresh team at the end of the match. Therefore I would advise you to substitute players who have under 80% condition. From that point we can consider that they are getting tired and the best is to substitute them. Moreover your opponent will often end its match with player under 75% and even 70% condition hence you would be better than him in the physical side.

- Players with a bad mark
If a player has 5 out 10 or under (or 6 if the whole team has at least 7 or 8), you should substitute him. He is probably not in a great day. But nothing prevents him from increasing his mark with a goal or with a pass when you did not expected at all, so the priority remains to substitute tired players.

- Players with a yellow card
Having a striker with a yellow card is not a big trouble but having a central defender or a central midfielder with, could be. You should definitely keep an eye on it. It is better to make a player leave the field for the last 25 minutes even if he is the best player than risking to prevent him from playing the next match because of a possible red card.

- Your best players
Finally it is important, in my opinion to rest your best player if you have a very important match next. I mean if you play on Sunday and that your next match is on Sunday, there is no problem, but if your next match is two days after, you should substitute your best players when they are under 85% in order to make them be at 100% the next match. It could be decisive.

I hope it will help,
Vcadu92

I always make sure I know in how many days my next game is so I can plan my subs accordingly. If it's a week I usually ignore tiredness unless it's very low and risking injuries.

Also what I do slightly differently is sub 2 guys near 60th min and a 3rd sub in 80th or so minute to avoid being left with 10 men when an injury occurs between 60-80th min. which is quite frequently lately.

With good subs that play in multiple positions your advice should help keep results up.

Good info, Vcadu.

I always make sure I know in how many days my next game is so I can plan my subs accordingly. If it's a week I usually ignore tiredness unless it's very low and risking injuries.

Also what I do slightly differently is sub 2 guys near 60th min and a 3rd sub in 80th or so minute to avoid being left with 10 men when an injury occurs between 60-80th min. which is quite frequently lately.

With good subs that play in multiple positions your advice should help keep results up.

Good info, Vcadu.

It is very important, you was right to precise it!

Great work Victor, a simple no thrills guide that is exactly what it does on the tin. It will be very helpful  :).

Thank you Dec :)

Great work mate, simple yet effective :). The only thing that comes to mind is I often sub a striker if he's missing a lot of his chances etc

I think you need to consider the context of the match. Even winning by a couple of goals I would never sub a poor performer. I would give him chance to improve the rating rather than risk a drop in confidence.

Always think one or two matches ahead.

I think you need to consider the context of the match. Even winning by a couple of goals I would never sub a poor performer. I would give him chance to improve the rating rather than risk a drop in confidence.

Always think one or two matches ahead.

Maybe the same could be said for subbing a 9 or 10 rating player? It could hurt their confidence too for the next games?

I tend to reflect just how I'd play it in real life keeping the good ones on the grass and removing the rotten apples as a messsage that their performance is below par.

They do get better ratings couple matches later but if it's directly linked to the subbing I couldn't tell.

But in all honesty I have no idea if the morale/confidence thingie makes a difference so I've ignored it all the time.

I never used a tired player unless he is playing LB or RB. Even if he is the teams top star it is better to rest him and rotate the squad. I don't see tired injured or poor performing players as problems but rather as opportunities. Opportunity to rotate and try out players, to seek and find alternate line ups and formations. Good simple and concise article :)

Another thing worth mentioning regarding players with a bad mark is subbing him for a guy with a different set of attributes if you got one of those on the bench that is. I always try to.

Maybe a bad day, maybe not a great fit for the style of play, maybe facing a tough direct opponent.

Simple example is subbing a player for one with better secondary attr. which might suit the style of play on that day.

Very true Bati. Sometimes a creative centre mid may be hussled out of the game by the oppositions defensive minded midfielders. Subbing a creative midfielder for a box to box power house can often break through your opponents defensive wall.