Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Guide for managing your Substitutes.

LordArcoDW

Substitutes

Well in FMH subs play an important role and sometimes they can decide a match. Very often newcomers make grave mistakes while selecting subs and that can affect the results of a match. So without further ado lets take a look at a general se7en subs in matches:

Sub 1

A goalkeeper is a must sub and most of the people actually 90% people like to keep a goalie in their sub. But generally there are very few people who usually bring a goalie in the middle of a match. So when your goalie is being tardy and conceding a lot of goals I suggest bring up your sub it doesn't matter even if you're subbing Manuel Neuer for Stark. Because you never know how helpful he can be at that time besides your goalie wasn't helping you. Secondly your GK got a red card needless to say you don't want a midfielder to replace him ,do you?!.

Sub 2

A striker, just a clean decent striker. Most often not every striker in FMH is consistent whether he is a superstar Benzema or a good striker like Martinez. And if you really need goals the best bait is always a striker. You can usually sub a striker after half time. If your striker is low on stamina sub him by 50th minute or if he has shots on target and you have a feeling that he might score but incase he doesn't sub him by 65-70 th minute. Because there is a fair chance that your sub might save the day.

Sub 3 & 4

Defenders, who are capable of playing in various positions like a DLC or DRC it gives you an advantage of not needing to have a DC. Players like Kolasinac ,Marquinhos are great examples of player like that. Because majority of the managers like having 4 defenders and this solves them both. A combo of DLC and DRC is perfect.

Sub 5

Winger, basically most of the wingers are capable of playing down the both flanks. Basically wingers get tired and no club wants to see their star wingers injured, just imagine Reus and Sanchez getting injured. So it is a smart move to switch wingers in game when your players run down stamina or rack up a yellow card.

Sub 6

DMC or CM/AM, it varies with the formations usually most of the people use these both players. A CM is usually adapted to play as a CM or DMC and even AM in some cases. Wheras a DMC can usually play as a CM like Saul and Khedira. And an AM can usually play as a CM like Götze or Barkley. The choice is all yours.

Sub 7

A youngster with high potential. Most of the clubs have promising youngsters like Manquillo, Oliver and much more. Usually if one manager is having a decent lead in a match against their opposition say 2-0, then they can definitely sub a youngster giving him more time in field and also helping him to develop further.

And finally you should keep on rotating between your subs, reserves and first team for the better judgement of players and keeping them happy. I hope this guide helped new managers in the world of FMH.

haVLlkd.png

Now as you can see:

Moya is my backup goalkeeper.

Leo is my decent backup striker incase Mandzukic fails to score ,Leo can come to my rescue.

Toby and Saul both can play as DCs as well Toby can also play as RD and Saul can play as LD.

Gabi is suitable to play as a DMC and MC and he can also be used as an AM.

Raul Garcia is a player who can easily play in both the flanks.

And finally 19 y.o Oliver is my future star and I want to give him more game time.

Used the default squad of Atletico Madrid

Thank You

Nice work, I would recommend a few versatile player. That way you have 1 Goalkeeper, 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Winger and 1 Forward as standard. Then you have another defender and midfielder who are versatile to cover several positions.

Good guide thank you :)

I would say that it also depends of the tactic you use. Moreover some competitions only allow 5 subs :(

Yeah Vic you are right especially in cup matches but in general majority of matches comes up with seven subs so I decided to do take seven subs only. Few days ago I saw many players only using attackers in their subs that's when I decided that I should make a quick guide about it.

Nice work, I would recommend a few versatile player. That way you have 1 Goalkeeper, 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Winger and 1 Forward as standard. Then you have another defender and midfielder who are versatile to cover several positions.

Yea Dec I agree but basically there are very few clubs who have versatile players and in this case I wanted to show people that even in a default squad one can easily make seven good subs.

Nice work :)

Thanks Mate :)

Good guide thank you :)

I would say that it also depends of the tactic you use. Moreover some competitions only allow 5 subs :(

Yeah Vic you are right especially in cup matches but in general majority of matches comes up with seven subs so I decided to do take seven subs only. Few days ago I saw many players only using attackers in their subs that's when I decided that I should make a quick guide about it.

Yea Dec I agree but basically there are very few clubs who have versatile players and in this case I wanted to show people that even in a default squad one can easily make seven good subs.

Nice work :)

Thanks Mate :)

Cup but I also thought about lower leagues in some countries as France :)

You did right ;)

I totally disagree with that, many defenders can play on the left or right as well as the centre and a lot of attacking midfielders can play on the left, right and centre or forward too.

I know lets take Dortmund for example Reus can play as a forward and in every position in midfield but he is a first team player and same goes with Kampl who replaces Kuba Blaszczykowski but Kuba can't play in every midfield position. So even if I sub him he is only ideal for Kampl not for Kagawa or Reus. Basically clubs have players who can play in two positions like DRC or DLC but there are players who can play in all three positions they make the best subs but eventually one has a hard time finding them.

And this guide is for every club if 75% clubs have players that can play in all three defensive and midfield positions there are also a remaining of 25% clubs who don't stock players like that. One can find a player in the reserve team who can play in all positions like Jonas Hoffman but tbh it's a waste to keep him at sub knowing he won't perform. I was talking about the best players left who missed the positions in first team not every player present in the roster.

Yea I am acknowledging the fact that 75% of clubs has players like them but it would be like ignoring the other 25% besides you taught me about quality not quantity :)

That is a gross over statement. I have just checked 3 clubs in the Vanarama North and South and each one has at least a defender and midfielder who can play 2 positions. When it comes to subs you have only 7 slots to cover 11 men and circumstances. It is always better to get a player who can play slightly worse and have multiple positions somewhere for 2 of your slots. That way you cover all eventualities as long as they can still do a job. Playing in multiple positions is not rare or expensive at all, it can be done for all clubs. There are many free agents with this perk too.

It's everyone's POV for me it's better to include a quality defender who can play two positions rather than a fringe player who can play in all of midfield as well all the defensive positions. Tbh I don't really want to say anything more. It's a good thing you included your suggestion and if people like it they will take it.

You are vastly overestimating. I have just checked a lot of Vanarama clubs and they contain several players whom are able to play in several positions and more with yellow in positions. When accommodating for all outcomes the last two in my opinion have to be versatile. Even if they aren't technically the best players this is invaluable instead of changing formation to accommodate for a scenario you cannot deal with. If a player can still do a job that is the main thing, your best players should be on the pitch anyway and these will just help see the game out or get a goal by being fresher. The fact they are versatile is a huge deal when you cannot predict the outcome so cannot plan for everything.

Plus looking at a free agent list shows many versatile players. I challenge you to find a club where every play is only capable of playing in one position

Exceptionally great suggestion *no pun intended*. Yea you're right I am overestimating.

Btw that challenge is bs, there's no club in the world who will have players that can play only in one position secondly I was talking about players capable of playing in two positions. So that's it.

You just said that only 75% of clubs have versatile players so in your logic that leaves the rest with one position players. Which is what I was arguing you against as you just said it is false. I mentioned several times two positions or more is versatile and still invaluable to substitutions as you are likely to have players on who can change a position too. Say you have this:

DL - DC - DRC - DR

Subs: DL, DRC

That is much better than having a DC and DL as you can play the DRC in DR but if he needs to go off as does the DR you have no one to play there. That 2nd versatile defender on the bench is useful in the circumstance your player who is on that is versatile is not performing or is tired as well.

I said 75% clubs have players who can play in THREE positions and other 25% have players who can play in only TWO positions.

And my logic was suppose we have 4 defenders

like this

RD DC DC LD

and two subs like

DRC and DLC

It would be far helpful.

Look at my Atletico example I clearly mentioned about Toby who is a DRC and Saul who can also play as a LD along with DC.

I said not every clubs have players like this

D/RLC who can play in left and right as well as in centre position.

I think you clearly misunderstood my statement.

I hope I made myself clear besides I have already written about including players who can play in both positions in my post.

But that isn't what I originally said at all. I wasn't disputing that I was just saying having 5 players and 2 versatile instead of saying 1 youngster in my opinion is better as then you have a core bench and two back ups for all emergency. A lot of wingers cannot play both wings, a lot can be trained but many are more likely to be central than down both flanks. You have to try and cover every position on the pitch and then some more with your bench.

But that isn't what I originally said at all. I wasn't disputing that I was just saying having 5 players and 2 versatile instead of saying 1 youngster in my opinion is better as then you have a core bench and two back ups for all emergency. A lot of wingers cannot play both wings, a lot can be trained but many are more likely to be central than down both flanks. You have to try and cover every position on the pitch and then some more with your bench.

I am agreeing you are 100% correct, it's always better to have a player who can play in more positions. But all I said that I would prefer a player who can atleast play in TWO positions if he is better than another player who can play in THREE positions. For example Kuba can play in TWO positions and Hoffman can play in THREE positions but Kuba is far better than Hoffman and I can actually expect Kuba to perform against Real Madrid so I will pick Kuba that's it.

Kuba can play as AM/RC

Hoffman can play as AM/RLC

So if Reus gets injured and I have to fill up the LAM position and I know Kuba can't play in LAM I will put Kampl from RAM to LAM and sub Kuba in place of Reus and put Kuba in RAM ,problem solved.

Yes you can remove the youngster I just thought it might help.

That is fine then, it wasn't really clear in your guide. I was trying to add it on as you don't really touch upon versatility but make assumptions on some positions which is wrong. A brief paragraph introducing it and including versatility would be very helpful.