Find results in...

2015 Capital One Cup Final

JustM1kePlays

82dwopO.jpg

Two London giants go head-to-head on Sunday

s3zcAJn.jpg

We take a look at the key head to heads that could make or break the outcome

Thibaut Courtois v Hugo Lloris

These two world-class keepers come head to head at Wembley and will likely be crucial to their side’s chances.

Courtois

KoLhMjG.jpg

He ousted Petr Cech at the start of the season and hasn’t looked back. His has some of the best GK stats at the start of the game an only gets better with time. He Is a quality shot stopper an is starting to command his area much more as the season goes on

Lloris

tDkNvmw.jpg

Is regarded as the best sweeper-keeper in the world he may have to be at his best as a sweeper in the game on Sunday. He has great stats overall an he is so quick off his line an getting in to position. Let's just hope his distribution isn't at blame during the game

Winner- Courtois

John Terry v Harry Kane

Grizzled old-head v fiesty up-and-comer.

This bout has the makings of a classic as 34-year-old Terry will have to get to grips with the free-scoring Kane. It was the Tottenham man who won this battle last time out scoring twice as Spurs beat Chelsea 5-3 in January.

Terry

WLVvSDI.jpg

Terry will have his hands full on Sunday. Alot will have to do who is partnering Terry on Sunday but it will be his experience, positioning and tackling that will pay a key role in the game. Lucky for Terry, Kane isn't the fastest striker in the world as Terry seems to have lost any pace he had this season.

Kane

CcNsGcF.jpg

One of the player who needs a certain CA increase in the next update. His positioning is some of the best I have seen this season an with his new found confidence he is now hit shots first time am trying thing that are catching defences out. As long as the Spurs midfield prove good balls to the lad he is guaranteed to get a goal.

Winner - Kane

Diego Costa v Jan Vertonghen

This key clash will almost certainly decide which way the trophy goes.

Costa

SCee2xw.jpg

MR ‘play on the edge’ has the uncanny habit of getting him in to trouble with the referee. He is a great player with great movement and shooting ability let's just hope he keeps his cool on the day.

Vertonghen

YQ9q3hH.jpg

He is the type of defender who will try to rise above Costa’s antics which will likely rile the Spaniard even more which could lead to the Chelsea man getting sent off. With quality Positioning, Tackling and Decision making let's hope that it's his great defending that we are talking about after the match.

Winner - Costa

Cesc Fabregas v Christian Eriksen

Ordinarily these two wouldn’t actually face up to each other - each playing at the top of a midfield diamond - but Fabregas will likely be forced to play deeper as Nemanja Matic misses out through suspension. The onus will be on the Spaniard to both shackle Eriksen’s creativity as well as forcing his side on to the front foot in attack.

Fabregas

07066O1.jpg

He may not be able to make as much of an influence on the game from a deeper position. However with his range if passing and movement he will still be able to break the play up an start the attack for Chelsea.

Eriksen

rPBUR7N.jpg

A player starting to show his talent this season some great creativity, Passing an Dribbling but sometime finding him self out of the game for long periods due to his poor positioning. Let's see which Eriksen turns up on the day.

Winner - Fabregas

Eden Hazard v Kyle Walker

The Belgian playmaker has the pace and trickery to hurt any defence but Walker will be a worthy adversary for the wide-man. Walker has struggled with injuries this season but if he’s on-form he has the ability to stand up to Hazard as well as being a good outlet for Spurs down the right flank.

Hazard

FxbBZtr.jpg

He will have to be at his best as the Chelsea attack might potentially be with out Fabregas creativity. The Belgian not as impact full as he was last season but still has all the ability to change a game in a few seconds

Walker

ExA4sf3.jpg

Spurs will need Walker to be at his defensive best. He is sometimes caught out of position when he proved a very good attacking threat with his forward runs. His decision making of to go forward or not will be key in this battle

Winner - Walker

Jose Mourinho v Mauricio Pochettino

The battle in the dug-out is one that both managers will thrive on as their tactical plans come under increased scrutiny.

Pochettino

ljRTqxa.jpg

This game is the chance to formally announce himself as the next big thing in Premier League management.

Mourinho

jQLk93W.jpg

Will be keen to see off the latest in a long line of pretenders and lift the first silverware in the season after a week of controversy for the club.

Match Prediction

I'm hoping it will be a fiercely close encounter with some really nice football on display. Hoping the referee has a quiet game too

I'm going 2-1 Chelsea in Extra Time

Great work, a nice piece of real life inspired content that I enjoyed reading.

As for the match itself I have little interest in wins as long as the match is good to watch, although on a selfish note I think I want Chelsea to win as LFC don't want Spurs building on their decent form.

Nice work mate :). I hope you are right but not in extra time ;).

I'm looking for a really close match. Want it to be a great advert for English football. Which it should be they both playing some really nice football this season.

Great work, a nice piece of real life inspired content that I enjoyed reading.

As for the match itself I have little interest in wins as long as the match is good to watch, although on a selfish note I think I want Chelsea to win as LFC don't want Spurs building on their decent form.

Same here Ash I'm not too fussed about the result. As I said just want a really good game.

How have you got Walker to beat Hazard haha individually Chelsea are all over Tottenham but as far as teamwork and playing for each other I think that's Where Spurs will come out on top! Tottenham will want it more all day long

How have you got Walker to beat Hazard haha individually Chelsea are all over Tottenham but as far as teamwork and playing for each other I think that's Where Spurs will come out on top! Tottenham will want it more all day long

Just based on the season so far. I think Walker has got far better defensively.

Great idea, M1ke. Perfect build up to the game.

I do think that Chelsea will nick it and I think the key tactic will be nullifying Kane. I think Mourinho knows if he takes out Kane's threat they're halfway there. 

But no Terry I think. Cahill will be man-marking him or it wouldn't surprise me if he uses Ivanovic in that role.

Also, I rate Eriksen a little higher than Fabregas at the moment.

A very enjoyable read.