Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Offering a contract - simple guide

vcadu92

Offering a contract

Here are my tips to offer a contract to a player in order the increase the chances of making him accept it or to be sure that the contract is the best for you. Of course, it is my opinion, and I could forget some points. Therefore please post your comments about that.

1425385892-screenshot-2015-02-26-11-53-3

How much ?
If a player want x£/€ I would recommend offering him 10% more. It would make him sign easier. For instance, if he requires 10 000€/week, offer him 11 000€/week. But be careful to remain under your wage budget. Never be over it, your board would be unhappy.

How long ?
It depends of the player, if he is under 25/28 years old, you can offer him a long contract. First, it can make the player happy to have a safe future in a club, then, it is a way to keep a hand on him. Yet, if he has over 32 years old, you should offer him a short contract (1 year) as if you offer him a long one with an important wage, his attributes/abilities may decrease quickly and you would have to pay the same wage.

Signing bonus :
You can offer him a high prime as it does not decrease your transfer budget. It would highly increase his wish to join your team.

Leave for a better club :
Never enable it ! Otherwise as soon as your player would play well, other clubs would send you an offer that you would not be able to decline. It could be very annoying to have to say goodbye to your best player without being able to prevent him from leaving. But to increase the chance of making the player accept the offer, you should propose him a short contract (1-3 years) as the player could decline a longer offer if he consider that he will have to play for a too litle club too much time.

Leave to become a manager :
You can enable it for old player. It can be the insurrance that the player will end his career in your club.

Very short and but yet I hope it will help begginers,

Vcadu92

Well Vic for me I usually offer them a little less wage than the wage they demand for and I always go for long term contract if the player is under 28. Suppose a player expects a wage of £30,000/week but I usually go for £20,000 and if they don't accept then I go for £25,000 and it usually works out.

I would always say offer less than they want not more, I have seen 18 year olds want £70,000 at Chelsea that is ridiculous when they are on only a few £1000.

Even while renewing contract I offer them less than the wage they demand, the lesser you offer the better it affects your managerial rep with Financial Control.

95% of the time I offer them less than what they request too but I have to say sometimes I get someone asking lower wages than I think they deserve. Comparing them with their fellow teammates age- and talent-wise I have no problems giving them a little more even if I know I could've saved a few bucks on them. I just like to keep my squads balanced and "realistic".

Maybe not the smartest or most economical option but that's the way I like to play it.

Even while renewing contract I offer them less than the wage they demand, the lesser you offer the better it affects your managerial rep with Financial Control.

I forgot to developp that point as I also offer less when renewing contract

Depending on my finances, I have been known to have offered younger players £0 contracts with a very generous signing on fee, which is at a decent level in the Championship and BPL, when I do that though, I will switch Big Club Release on, as for older players in the twilight of there career again I will offer a generous signing on fee(if finances permit) and upto 50% less than what they demand, with manager release switched...When it comes to contracts it really depends on my plans for the player and if they are worth the investment long term

Sometimes you will get players who are on very low wages but demand a very high salary to join (eg on 1k per week and ask for 70k). In these cases I offer no more than 10 times their existing salary and only once have i had a player refuse. The money saved can be the difference between being able to sign another good youngster or not.