Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Strikers Attribute Guide (With recommended Players!)

Strikers Guide

Introduction

After having a think into what to do next I have thought of this and I am going to show you what attributes a striker needs and show who are the best strikers with most of these attributes. I really hope that you enjoy this and find it useful as this is not my strongest point in FMH but I think I should try it. Anyway lets get started!

Key Attributes

1. Movement.

Why? Because as you know a lot of the best strikers will have brilliant movement in the box. Think of Harry Kane. He has lots of movement and that's one of the reasons he is doing so well. Also if your strikers is constantly getting away from a marker that will lead to great opportunities to score.

2. Aerial.

Why? Whoever plays on the enhanced engine knows why. Strikers with a great aerial always seem to be scoring headers because they can get a better header than the opposing player. Aerial is one of the most key stats on the NME and if you are buying a player that's okay but has an awesome aerial attribute sign him. Using this attribute could lead to a bargain buy and you can also know he should get some goals too.

3. Shooting!

Why? Because as you know a striker needs to have great shots. If your striker has a great shooting stat you know you will get a bunch of goals. Some players who aren't the best may have a poor everything but shooting and aerial and if you are a lower league side I'd advise you to sign him.

4. Strength

Why? A strong striker will also help scoring headers. Also a strong striker will mean more powerful shots and more strength in attacks. This can make an impact.

5. Decisions

Why? Having a striker who makes the best decisions can be key in many ways. Knowing whether to shoot or pass could make the difference of a goal or not.

6. Technique

Why? Everyone wants a striker who has a brilliant technique. Whether like van Persie it's superb volley's or Messi's nice and calm finishes. This is quite an important stat but can make a massive difference.  

Some Players

Mario Mandzukic

QnEStRD.png

Stats: 5/6 Green

Aber's thought: This brilliant player who scores as you know if you saw him play for Bayern also is very good in the air

Pierre-Michel Lasogga

4J1E1x.png

Aber's thought: This 22 yr old beast is definitely worth signing and will bring many goals.

Cheick Diabate

SEBszOe.png

Stats: 4/6 Green

Aber's Thought: This 26 yr old powerhouse will be an essential signing for a relegation fighting side in the EPL

Morten Rasmussen

nLu3osN.png

Aber's Thought: At just 1.3M this bargain will be a big signing. He should bang in the goals and would make a sensational signing for anyone fighting for relegation in the EPL.

Lacina Traore

L0A2Cpk.png

Stats: 6/6 Green

Aber's Thought: Brilliant someone who has 6/6. He's a goal machine and sign him now!

Christian Benteke 

GYf0tp0.png

Aber's Thought: Pretty much same as above but he's proved he can do it in the EPL so sign him!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

2y1BSjJ.png

Aber's Thought: Ibra would have to make the list! With all his stats 6/6 this is the most known player out of the lot. Although at the age of 32 he might only have 2-3 seasons of full potential.

Conclusion

So that's this done. You may be thinking where's Messi but this is just a few selected players. I hope you agree with the attributes. Thanks for reading and I really hope you have found this useful and if so leave a comment

Good mix of strikers to choose from.

Maybe I trust my sense too much and need to start putting more decisions I make to the test.

I generally want to see a decent teamwork attr. on the majority of my players but when I take on a challenge like the 1KC where I need a single striker to score loads of goals I kinda like to see this attr. as low as possible.

One would think such players are much more selfish and go for 'own success' more often which in turn leads to a higher personal goal tally?

I don't have IGE but it would make for a very interesting test to have this same player with 1 vs 20 teamwork attr.

Nice list, Aber.

@Bati: I'd suggest looking at the link below, it offers some interesting findings from last year in the comments.

http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/21652-stats-for-the-perfect-creator-looking-for-assists/?fromsearch=1

@Aber: Nice list but I'd have also included -

Pace: ability to get away from a defender

Strength: Goes hand in hand with heading ability and is needed to hold the ball up and bully players

Dribbling: Same as pace and links a number of attributes together

Stamina: Goes without saying, look at some regen strikers who are Godly yet their stamina makes them worthless.

This is interesting but I am not sure I agree. A poacher for instance won't need strength but instead movement. He will just look to get his feet on the ball and get half a yard without physical battles. It has somewhat inspired me though, so I may do an idea relating to this if you want to PM me about it.

@Ashez Thanks and nice ideas

@BatiGoal Thanks

@JustM1kePlays Thankyou for your kind words

@Dec Thanks! Good point about poacher and I'll pm you soon

Nice read and interesting, not sure I'm convinced by the need for good heading stats as I would assume this is down to how your team plays, if you play with short passing for example heading is less of a requirement. Origi is one of the best poachers in the game but his heading is very average but I have had some very good goal scoring numbers from him.

Funkee by heading you mean Aerial?? Let me interject here and tell you why the Aerial strike is massive for any striker blessed to have it.

A striker with good heading will generally dominate in Corner kicks and free kicks. Wingers will also have a great time with strikers with green in this stat. I am once again praising Benteke but he is certainly one of the best, if not the best Aerial striker in the game. About 40 percent of his goals are from corners and free kicks. Combine with the fact that he is unstoppable once he peaks, it is almost unreal how many goals this guy scores. And the Aerial stat plays a great part in this.

Funkee by heading you mean Aerial?? Let me interject here and tell you why the Aerial strike is massive for any striker blessed to have it.

A striker with good heading will generally dominate in Corner kicks and free kicks. Wingers will also have a great time with strikers with green in this stat. I am once again praising Benteke but he is certainly one of the best, if not the best Aerial striker in the game. About 40 percent of his goals are from corners and free kicks. Combine with the fact that he is unstoppable once he peaks, it is almost unreal how many goals this guy scores. And the Aerial stat plays a great part in this.

Yes sorry should have said aerial ability rather than heading.

Like I said this depends on the way you like your team to play, if you're set-up with wingers then yes having a striker with good aerial ability is a must, but if you play short passing without wingers then I'm not so sure it is necessary.

I'm not doubting you can have very good results with Benteke (or any other striker with good aerial) with wingers, but you can also get good results without wingers and a target man, I have had very good results playing short passing with Origi who has (from memory) average aerial ability.

For me, and the way I set my teams up, aerial ability is not a key attribute.

Funkee remember that Eliseo has an unconditional love for Benteke :P

Fyi target man needs to have a good aerial ability!

And actually aerial ability is must for any striker if you wanna make sure he scores through crosses, corners and free kicks.

I play short passing without wingers, I have used different poachers in my tactic, some with good aerial ability and some with 'average' aerial ability and their goal scoring record has been pretty similar, if anything the best player I have had there was Origi who scored a crazy amount of goals.

If you play with wingers and are crossing the ball a lot I can see why you'd want good aerial, but for me it's not a key attribute.