Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez v Dec - The Fantasy Draft Challenge

Dec

Ashez v Dec

I approached Ashez recently about an ultimate challenge to decide who is better between us. This will be about skill in game and also out of the game too. Crafting our own Fantasy Teams then both of us playing a season with our own to see who scores the higher points.

For this we have picked two of the World's biggest teams - Barcelona and Real Madrid. We will equal out the playing field using the Pre-Game Editor and only count league performances to make it fair.

But first let us draft our teams. This is pretty simple, we take it in turns to pick a player from anyone in the World until we have a squad of 23. However there is a catch, before the draft starts we have to pick 3 players from our original teams to keep so the other person doesn't get a chance to draft them. That means 20 players will be drafted one at a time.

I asked Ashez to choose between heads and tails to decide which team he wants to be. He picked Tails. The coin however decided it was my pick ending in Heads. Due to this I picked Real Madrid, leaving Ashez with Barcelona.

The Teams:

Real Madrid - Dec:

Round 1 Draft:

• Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Gareth Bale

Round 2 Draft:

• Sergio Aguero
  • Philipp Lahm
  • Yaya Toure
  • Jerome Boateng
  • Thiabut Courtois
  • Toni Kroos
  • Bastian Schweinstieger
  • Marcelo
  • David Alaba
  • Arjen Robben
  • Robert Lewandowski
  • David Silva
  • Mats Hummels
  • Eden Hazard
  • Paul Pogba
  • David De Gea
  • Pablo Zabaleta
  • Daniele De Rossi
  • Edison Cavani
  • Vincent Kompany

Barcelona - Ashez:

Round 1 Draft:

• Lionel Messi
  • Luis Suarez
  • Neymar

Round 2 Draft:

• Manuel Neuer
  • Arturo Vidal
  • Xabi Alonso
  • Diego Godin
  • Thiago Silva
  • Cesar Azpilicueta
  • Gael Clichy
  • Javier Mascherano
  • Javi Martinez
  • Marco Reus
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
  • Luka Modric
  • Danilo
  • Giorgio Chiellini
  • Enzo Perez
  • Lucas Moura
  • Victor Wanyama
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Gianluigi Buffon
  • Stephan El Shaarawy

Let the battle commence!

My 3 Real Madrid players for Round 1 are:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sergio Ramos

Gareth Bale

Ash's turn to lock in his 3 Barcelona players and avoid them being drafted.

I'll be bringing

Messi

Suarez

Neymar

To the party, I wanted to be more original but those three suit my formation perfectly and the other roles can be suited better by others ;).

Nice idea, Ash to win hands down my reasoning...

-I have never seen you post a career dec so unsure if you play the game,so he will prevail with the skill in the game.

But also skill involved outside the game so that will be interesting :)

Let Round 2 start... Every player is up for grabs as we take it in turns to pick players.

As I won the coin toss I start and to add to my Real Madrid team I am going to pick.

Sergio Aguero

Oh my gosh. This is gonna be epic! Btw. Dec is this the first time you are posting in the career thread? :)

I've got this idea after watching SpencerFC but I wasnt sure how to proceed as he did it using FM. But thanks to you two, it is made possible. Can't wait for more!

Exciting stuff!

My take:

Dec is a man of numbers and stats. He's very calculated in his choices. Some of the players he picked have clicked very well in my previous careers.

Ashez is a romantic. The artist that touches hearts with a single stroke of his brush. Only fine players can deliver a masterpiece.

Prediction:

Awaiting completion of squad selection.

Really happy with my picks currently as I've not missed out on anyone (outside of Ronaldo, which I knew I'd never have) and I feel I've got a strong core.

In Neuer I have the best keeper on the game while Godin brings experience and power. In midfield I've got the perfect blend of attack and defence while also having power, passing ability and energy thanks to Vidal and Alonso.

Then in attack I've arguably got the best attack possible so what's not to love, all this and I've only selected a handful of players :D.

The question is though who will we pick next? Any predictions from the community?