Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Aspiring to be the best

Lee-Roy

7eIb8Tg.png

Do you have a favourite player who you'd like stamped on the FMHVibe record books, but won't meet the requirements for a 1kc or the assist challenge? If so, then this may be the challenge for you! Adding some rules and organisation to an already popular challenge I plan to create an opportunity for any player to become immortal here on Vibe. There's a danger of making this sound over complicated, so the best way for me to explain is to run you all through the process of how this would work:

•Pick a player you're fond of in FMH2015. There are zero restrictions.

•Submit your choice in this thread.

•Between ourselves, the community will pick a retired footballer based (but not limited to) your players nationality, position and starting club.

•With an ex footballer chosen, we need to devise a set of targets for your player to reach, this can include all or some of the following: apps, goals, clean sheets, POM's, winners medals, assists, WPOTY awards and whatever else we can think of.

•Your target is to beat the targets we set for you

So, in action, this would look something like this:

>be me
>choose Andre Wisdom and post on this thread
>Vibe community chooses to match Wisdom with Jamie Carragher
>Vibers decide that I must beat Carras appearances, MOTM tally, and win every trophy he has.
>complete challenge.jpg
>post back here and enter Wisdom in the hall of fame

This has the potential to be a lot of fun, involves the whole community and showcases some players who otherwise wouldn't get their 15 mins of fame. So what are you waiting for, get submitting your players!

Rules

*No soft resetting
*Screenshots required for proof
*No editing of your game
*No unlockables

Cheers for the interest guys. This is by no means a product of my inspiration - I believe Ash began it with ShevKa a long time ago. But hopefully now it's down in font we'll get a lot of varying legends being showcased.

Another good idea :) This one actually grabs me !

Thanks a lot. What are you thinking, emulating Harry Kewell? Cahill? Sch..Schwar...that goalie?

Cheers for the interest guys. This is by no means a product of my inspiration - I believe Ash began it with ShevKa a long time ago. But hopefully now it's down in font we'll get a lot of varying legends being showcased.

Another good idea :) This one actually grabs me !

Thanks a lot. What are you thinking, emulating Harry Kewell? Cahill? Sch..Schwar...that goalie?

I was thinking Drogba if that's allowed (I know he's not retired). If not I had a few in mind including a couple of keepers!

The original idea was you pick the pick the player you will be using, and we pick a suitable legend and his achievements to beat. But as it's all in the name of fun I'm thinking post the legend as well as the player you have in mind to use if you can be sensible about it. I'm sure nobody wil pick Danny Sturridge to beat Carraghers amazing goal tally :lol:

Nice idea. I will go with... who but Aguero!!! Emulating his ex father-in-law?

It's down to the entire community to get involved, but I don't think we could find anyone as suitable as Mara, how about screwing over England as one of your targets :P

Cracking challenge,I would personally choose the legend Alan Shearer but he only scored goals never won any cups for us :D

So Sammy Ameobi to eclipse Alan's records :D

Cheers. You don't feel like giving Carroll some love? I know they're different types of striker but it sounds like more of a story to me.

Cheers. You don't feel like giving Carroll some love? I know they're different types of striker but it sounds like more of a story to me.

Carroll would be a controversial pick in my eyes but surely he deserves once last chance on tyneside

Just to clear it up, from my memory it was AS who made emulating players popular as he did that recreating Messi save. I'm not sure on the time scale but I think Prize also did a few before my Shevka one lol.

Interesting that one of my careers you constantly tell me is one of my weakest semi inspired a challenge though :P.

I was always trying to get AS to post his as a challenge but we couldn't find a good yet open way to post "The New........" But this covers it really well.

What's the rules on the starting club? Does the player have to play for the same club as the "legend"? Can the player select the starting club?

• Pick a player, submit it here.

• Vibe chooses the legend (retired or playing) and the targets to beat, these targets can be based on similar players or legends of the clubs your player is tied to e.g if someone chose Carroll we could choose a legend at 'Castle or West Ham.

•With your player and targets set can choose your own starting club and make transfers. This allows this challenge to be played alongside other challenges.

This is all stuff I should have put in the OP, shows I'm rusty lol. I'll add them later.

By no means I didn't enjoy ShevKa, but it came at a time when it followed CR1K and Colin Sale so your next career was always going to not rank alongside them.

Sound, I might try this at some point then as I have someone in mind ;).

Haha, I was only messing, as I've said in private I also don't see it as anywhere near my best :).

Great idea - can run it alongside the career I'm currently doing...

So guys, my player is Robert Lewandowski and the club is obviously Bayern Munich - who am I emulating?

This guy isn't a striker, but I love his statistics, Franz Roth. He scored in 3 CL finals and won them all. He also won the league for 3 consecutive years. That's my input, hopefully someone else will have a idea as well

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge current CEO of FC Bayern he was a striker and also a Bundesliga Top Scorer.

Score 29 goals in 34 league matches also play 310 matches under FC Bayern scoring a total of 162 goals or more.