Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to buy the right player

Lee-Roy

How to buy the right players

9gaE92o.jpg

Welcome one and all, to a guide on how to buy the right player. I'm sure that some of you are thinking "what the hell OP, we know how to buy players", and you're all right. However with FMH and Vibe having a growing fanbase everyday, simple guides on how to do simple things can be very useful. Even if you're in the know, read on and you may discover a way to optimise you're transfers.

This guide will be in a step by step format, with me using a single transfer as an example. Some of these steps you probably do without even thinking about, but in the sense of making this straightforward that is how I will do this.

• Step 1: Decide on the position you are buying for, and how much you want to spend. At some point in a 30 year career you are going to buy a player for every position, in this case I have chosen a striker. It also helps to know what player role you want your striker to fit. Obviously sometimes you are going to want someone versatile in their position but for this example of have chosen to look for a poacher, with a budget of 10 million.

• Step 2: You will need to know what squad role you want the player to have. Do I want someone already proven, who will fit into my first team and score 30+ goals a season? Maybe a rotational player, who can fill in for the main forward when needed? For the purpose of this example if have chosen to seek a young player, able to fill in when needed but with plenty of time to develop.

• Step 3: I know what position I want, what role he will play on the field and what role he will play in the squad. This is optional but there are other things you can think about. Nationality, for example. Are you building a themed team of South Americans perhaps? Or are you planning on exploiting the lack of a real German team by buying a German who will not lose fitness playing internationals? How about a player who already has experience in the league I am based in? For this example, I will set no restrictions in this section.

• Step 4: The search filter. With all my decisions made, I can use the search tool with its filters to make a shortlist of all the players I deem suitable. In my example, I am looking for a young striker worth up to 10 million with no other restrictions, so the search will look like this:

2fyd3qT.png

The interested button is an option. I use it when my team has a low wage budget as it means you are more likely (but not definitely) to be able to meet the players wage demands.

Also the attributes. Dec has made a very useful guide on what stats are required for each role <http://fmhvibe.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/fmh2015/key-attributes-for-each-player-role-r535>, so you can refer to that. In this example (a poacher) I want to set the stats of movement, pace, shooting and dribbling. The amounts depend on the players squad role. With this example being a youngster to develop but able to slot into the first team on occasion, I will set the minimum at 12. It will look like this:

Keo4zL5.png

• Step 5: with the search done we will be presented with a list of the players who match our criteria. As we all know, a player worth exactly 10 million will cost us more than 10 million, so I'm going to go through the list to make my own shortlist of players. These will be guys I think I can afford with my budget who I will be happy with if the transfer goes through. The shortlist I ended up with is this:

8ISmU2L.png

• Step 6: make your bids. You've already decided on the highest amount you will spend so it shouldn't be too difficult. Make bids based on your judgement, and remember you can continue bidding if your first offer is rejected. Hopefully you will end up being able to afford one of your preferred players, but by following all of these steps you should have plenty of options and may even find a gem or two at a cut price. In my example, I had 8 pages of players to make a shortlist from. Remember that you can sort your searches by age, value etc by pressing on the option you want.

So that's it, how to choose and find the perfect players for your team. Thanks for reading and please leave any feedback you might have!

Well you know the evaluated values are useless so I would recommend someone to actually decrease it or not put a value at all this can be troublesome in the last few days of deadline. For instance the relegation challenge gives one only few days to make any transfers so if someone has a budget of £10 million, it will almost impossible to buy any player whose evaluation would be somewhere from £10-8 million they always cost higher some of them costs upto £30 million.

Secondly setting up attributes sometime leads on some good players being missed if he is certainly lacking that attribute.

Well that's just my POV.

I disagree with you, while the face value is often not the final price you pay, it's the best way to have an idea of what you are going to pay. Also when you are playing as a top club and buying from a smaller club, you can unsettle the player with you bid and actually get him at face value after being rejected first time round.

Thanks for the comment tho :)

Great work, this should really help out a lot of members.

The only thing I'd add is always enquire first, it might lead to you saving a few quid. I enquire on every signing I make, especially if the player is transfer listed or their contract is running out as the club will sometimes offer a knock down fee.

Well never seen happening when you get a player at exact face value, sometimes it happens that by making a bid you might unsettle a player and then by making another bid you might get him for less.

Well I will be more than happy if you prove it to me through screenshots that you exactly bought a £10 million evaluated player for the same price.

Wind your neck in kid, just because I've experienced something you haven't doesn't mean I need to prove myself to make you more than happy.

Well you might wanna watch your limits before asking me to wind my neck in. If you asked for feedback and still can't handle one it's better to not ask for one.

Seriously, drop it now. Telling me to prove myself isn't giving feedback. This is a guide for new members and I don't want new members seeing that kind of attitude.

I've bought players for their actual value before. After having higher bids rejected and a player becomes 'frustrated at not being able to move clubs', (or something similar) I've then immediately bid whatever they are worth and I've had bids accepted. Not every time - but sometimes it works.

I've bought players for their actual value before.

Prove it ;P

The way you've just described it is exactly the same process I've been through when I've managed to get a player at face value too.

Or Lee, you could load up FMH Scout and find those hidden gems ;-)

That is also an option, I hear that Fergie used FMH Scout to find the class of '92 :P

Great work, this should really help out a lot of members.

The only thing I'd add is always enquire first, it might lead to you saving a few quid. I enquire on every signing I make, especially if the player is transfer listed or their contract is running out as the club will sometimes offer a knock down fee.

Thank you, I aim to help :D

Good point about the enquiries. I overlooked it as I have not ever had an enquiry come good, however I do know it's works on occasion and is always worth doing if you remember.

Helpful guide!

I do the same as Ash an always put in an enquiry first as sometime you can get players for lower then their value (mostly lower league players but not alwyas)

It's also helpful as you might not be able to afford them but they might be willing to loan them out.

This will help alot of people.

I personally use the search attributes section alot but I would say there are alot of people out there that don't.

Nice work :) I always put in enquiries before I bid on a player as sometimes you can get them a little bit cheaper and sometimes they want loads,I have also discovered especially with younger players they ain't available for loan but when.you enquire sometimes the chairman comes back and says he is willing to let them go on loan :)