Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Re-Inventing Your Squad.

LordArcoDW

Re-Inventing Your Squad

Introduction

Well it is not something we do often, but once you start doing it you are gonna enjoy it. Re-Inventing the squad simply means to get rid of the club's top players who usually decide the match results and bring in new faces to possibly replace them.

Why you should do it!

Now the question arises why one should re-invent their squad, well the answer is simple it brings in a massive twist while managing a club and it also increases your managerial skills and how you handle new players. It also helps you to increase your transfer skills and player scouting abilities. It also forces you to try new tactics.

How to do It?

First you select your club, most preferably your favorite club like I went for Borussia Dortmund.

Second, sell your star players ,the players who are match deciders like for Borussia Dortmund it will be Marco Reus, Mats Hummels, Henrikh Mkhitryan, Jakub Blaszczykowski. But remember let some of the important players stay so it gives your club the real identity. I went for Aubameyang, Subotic, Sokratis, Gundogan and Weidenfeller as people do recognize them as top Dortmund players.

Third, selling your star players will get you hell lot of cash to experiment with and the best part is that you already know which position of players you need for instance I will need attacking midfielder, central defender, winger as well as a forward.

Fourth, get in the transfer market and start your journey it might be a little bit tough at first but once you get used to it and you increase your potential it gets interesting.

Like first I went for some wingers at first:

Stephen El Shaarawy (possible replacement for Marco Reus)

Eugene Konoplayanka

Andriy Yarmalenko (possible replacement for Jakub)

Then some defenders:

Chris Smalling (possible replacement for Mats Hummels)

Antonio Rudiger

Then some attacking Midfielders:

Kevin Volland (possible replacement for Mkhitryan)

Adnan Januzaj.

Screenshots

dlkOU22.png

1jMTC5A.png

4a0AFhQ.png

Conclusion

It might take a season or two to adjust but once you get used to it, you can literally manage most of the club as you will be an ace by then.
And also Re-inventing your squad is quite enjoyable.
I hope you guys enjoyed my guide about re-inventing your squad

Examples of Teams & Players to go with

FC Bayern: Robert Lewandowski, Arjen Robben and Lahm.

Chelsea FC: Diego Costa, Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas.

PSG: Edinson Cvani, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, Silva.

Very interesting and well written. Though doing it over one window can cause results to be bad and as a manager it is your job to transition the team slowly to keep achieving and not get sacked. I think doing this would probably get you sacked with most clubs.

Interesting mate, for anyone who follows my careers you'll notice this is what I do on most saves. My starting club is normally based on how much I can get in from player sales to build the team I want to use.

Very interesting and well written. Though doing it over one window can cause results to be bad and as a manager it is your job to transition the team slowly to keep achieving and not get sacked. I think doing this would probably get you sacked with most clubs.

It's an experiment as I mentioned not to go way serious with it ;)

And once you keep on doing you keep on succeeding.

Interesting mate, for anyone who follows my careers you'll notice this is what I do on most saves. My starting club is normally based on how much I can get in from player sales to build the team I want to use.

Basically to pull of a career one needs balls of steel to do this as sometimes the results could be either way but if someone is sure about his signings like I was then it will work smoothly.

It can be a risk and some saves won't work out but if you handle your expectations and are prepard for a possibly awkward first season it can be fun. The main reason I like Porto over Benfica or Sporting is because FCP's players bring in more money IMO. I've not played as Madrid this year without selling Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Rodrigues for example, i just like my own players though lol.

It can be a risk and some saves won't work out but if you handle your expectations and are prepard for a possibly awkward first season it can be fun. The main reason I like Porto over Benfica or Sporting is because FCP's players bring in more money IMO. I've not played as Madrid this year without selling Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Rodrigues for example, i just like my own players though lol.

I usually like experimenting never got sacked though but still gives a clear idea about the do's and don'ts. Yea definitely money is the key as this won't work with Schalke, Southampton, Newcastle , Spurs it might but it would double the effort but you can easily pull of big clubs saves ;) after all money speaks!

And besides that's why I did mentioned about pulling this off with big clubs.

I usually like experimenting never got sacked though but still gives a clear idea about the do's and don'ts. Yea definitely money is the key as this won't work with Schalke, Southampton, Newcastle , Spurs it might but it would double the effort but you can easily pull of big clubs saves ;) after all money speaks!

And besides that's why I did mentioned about pulling this off with big clubs.

I think you could pull it off with lesser teams as there is also some quality players that play in low rep leagues that are world class but so cheap,it would be difficult but wouldn't be impossible

This is exactly what I do, but I probably take it a tad further.

I've just started a save with Bayern and I haven't played a league game yet. Bayern start with 15 million. From the original squad I still have left

Neuer

Boetang

Lahm

Alaba

Bernat

Hojbjerg

Javi Martinez

Shaqiri

Lewandowski

I've made over 450 million and made my squad younger and better. I've got just over 200 million left after adjusting wages.

I only need to buy 1 more player - Vidal, who will cost 58 million so I'll be left with around 150 million. I also won't really need to buy anyone else for a few seasons now.

The first few months of the season may be a bit dodgy but the team should settle after that.

11 most expensive players out

11YMLo1.jpg

11 most expensive players in

8wWfXso.jpg

Transfer totals

XmeeRZc.jpg