Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 10 Leagues, 9 Old Men and 800 Goals - A H2H Challenge: MM96 VS AS

MM96 VS AS  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Triumph When the Dust Settles?

• AnfieldSquirrel
    • MerlionMaple96

ovPlIlil.png

That's right folks, I'm back  :D And this time I have with me two things which will entertain you greatly. The first is of course, Vibe's very own Scottish resident, AnfieldSquirrel. (I'm sorry to disappoint but he still doesn't do any tricks  :P) The next thing I have for you is a Head-to-Head Challenge! Yes, I  MerlionMaple96 will be going toe to toe with the one and only AnfieldSquirrel (A.K.A. Squirrel of Anfield or Anfield's Squirrel or Le Squirrel de Anfield). What challenge will we contest you ask? Well, we shall be pitting our wits against each other in the dreaded "10 Leagues, 9 Old Men & 800 Goals" challenge  :O I know what you're thinking..."Wasn't this challenge just posted yesterday?". And my answer is...yes, yes it was. To be honest this whole idea was quite spontaneous and we only decided to do this in the last 24 hours  :D But enough meandering about! It's time to get to the good stuff.

How This Is Going to Work

"Elementary! My dear Watson". Seriously, this H2H will be as simple as any could ever be. It's basically a goal challenge, so the Viber with the more goals will win. Simple, Simple Simple. The updates will be by league not by year. If you haven't a clue what the challenge is about, it might be a good time to take a look. (If not, the previous line probably won't make much sense to you  :P) Me and AS managed to put our heads together and come out with a list of the 10 leagues we will be playing in. Here they are (in no particular order):

England
Spain
France
Portugal
Holland
Italy
Germany
Scotland
Australia
Brazil

As far as what teams we will be using for each respective league, the choice will be individual and we can pick different teams. Other than that, the rest of the challenge is as open-ended as can be. The key to winning I believe, is the strategy involved in the pairing up of the players we choose to the league they will play in. That make a huge difference in the number of goals scored.

Let's Get Rockin' and Rollin'

So to figure out what league we will be starting off in, we decided to use a random number generator. The generator spat out the number 2 which by going down the above list ended up to be Spain. Oh, how I do love Spain  :D Well, that's all we have for you now. The next update will contain player choices for Season 1. In the meanwhile, please feel free to leave as many comments as you would like regarding how I will crush AS like a fly (I say that in the nicest way possible  :)) or vote for me in the above poll  ;)

Good luck AS, automatically rooting for you. I'm not finished with our H2H, just a little busy.

AS, throw off the ghosts of the past and pick PSG for France. :)

@ Peely - Cheers Mate :D

@ Tobinho - Right... <_<...you've been busy for almost a month now... :P Just kidding mate :D

@ Kerav - It seems that all it takes is the mere mention of France to kickstart the "AS - PSG" Jokes  :lol:

ovPlIlil.png

MM96 - Season 1 - Spain

Preview Show

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the MM96 Preview Show, hosted by your very own MM96 :D Today we have some very special information about MM96's choices for the very first round of this 10 season H2H duel. Why don't we get started!

The Club

The Club. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the most important decisions in any challenge, especially a one season based challenge like this one. Considering we were heading to sunny Spain, there were really only two legitimate choices, Real Madrid and Barcelona. The first choice, Real Madrid, is an "interesting" option. I'm almost certain that for one, Real's transfer budget exceeds that of Barca and that the team's quality is at the very least on par with the team from Catalonia. However, I have two major gripes with Real Madrid. The first is I downright HATE them. That's right, I can't stand them (For reasons I won't get into now :D). The second, and far more important, reason is that the teamwork rating of the players on Real is far lower than that of the players on Barca. That simple fact really disregarded Real as an option for me. Plus, Barca had the unique plus that I had just come off playing 8 seasons with them, so I knew the team inside out (to an extent).

rNvaR99l.png

The Player

For me, when I heard the words, "Spain" I only had one player on my mind. Please read the follwing jingle to the tune of the Ghostbusters theme song...(If you don't know the Ghostbusters theme song please do take 2 minutes and look it up on Youtube. It will change you life forever :D)

When you're in Spain

And you need some goals

Who you gonna call?

David Villa!!!

When you're in a rut

And you just can't score

Who you gonna call? 

David Villa!!!

That's right folks, I picked one of the greatest Spanish Strikers of all time David Villa. There was never even a doubt in my mind...

David Villa

mRu5T8il.jpg

Villa!!! My only worry with him is that he may be injury prone. I'm not a 100% sure if I will risk him on IT for that reason...Oh and Villa is born in 1981, so that's crossed off my list.

DKcUrPWl.jpg

Yes Villa, I choose you :D

Well that virtually concludes it for the Preview Show. AS should have his up not too long after mine, so look forward to that :) Once that's over the first proper updates will be out soon as well. In the meantime, feel free to leave comments on how awesome I am :D If you like to stay on topic though, tell us what you think of my selections. Good, bad or just plain downright ugly :O

Peely must have voted against me :P

Someone had to miss out on the Peely love. Sadly, this time, it was you :D

A great start MM96, I look forward to seeing how the tall-haired goal-wizard performs.

ovPlIlil.png

Anfieldsquirrel - season 1 - Spain

Introduction:

Welcome to the best FMH player in the world's attempt at a pretty difficult challenge. I've never attempted anything like this, so if I fail I'm blaming it on that. Now, lets get down to business.

The Club:

real_madrid_logo_2882.gif

As you'll know Maple has Barca, so that means I have Madrid. But I wasn't left with Madrid, I chose them. I'll explain why. Whilst Barca are an amazing team, I much prefer managing Madrid. Also, Madrid are my second favourite Spanish team (behind Tenerife). I'd say Barca's main strengths are the CM positions and Messi.. But as I couldn't really use Messi, all they had was midfielders. Whereas Madrid have Ronaldo to play left wing, Di Maria to play right! Also, Casillas is the best 1st season keeper in the game IMO. Also, after doing my 'New Messi' challenge with Barca, I was fed up with them!! Also, my chosen player was bloody expensive!!

The Player:

I've went with an interesting choice.. He's very expensive. But that's not why he's an interesting choice. He's an interesting choice because no one would expect it!! He'd be ideal for the country he plays in for this challenge. But Maple would use him, so I thought I'd steal him :P he has alot of high expectations, but so far he's under performed :( anyway, here he is *drumroll*;

R-van-Persie-The-Netherlands-robin-van-p

OHHHHHH ROBIN VAN PERSIEEEE!

Thanks for reading, and I'd like wish Maple the best of luck!! Comments would be class :D