Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Top 10 players from English relegated teams in FMH14

anfieldsquirrel

Top 10 players from relegated teams in FMH14:

3pmjUpz.png

Hi all, and welcome too my latest guide. You may remember last year that I done a piece of content which was called "Shop 'til you drop". If you don't remember then check here as I don't want to explain it too much. But basically I picked 3 players from relegated teams who I thought were great buys. However, this year I've decided to do something a little different. I've decided to do a list of 10 players you should be able to pick up for cheap and good buys in FMH14, but it's players that will be in the Football league. I picked 1 player from each team that was relegated in to the championship, league one and league two. This may not be the best player from each team, but I feel it is the best bargains and mostly good prospects you can pick up. Of course, my knowledge of Lower League English football is limited, but I feel this would be the most interesting guide I could make. So sit back, relax and enjoy my guide to good buys on FMH14.

10. Scunthorpe - Christian Ribeiro:

gA6BArL.png

Age in FMH14: 23
Position: D/DM RC
Nationality: Welsh
Club: Scunthorpe United

Believe it or not, this lad Ribeiro is a Welsh international. He has been capped twice for his country and now he is playing in League 2! He started his career at Bristol City after coming through their youth system. He was believed to have a massive future ahead of him, but injuries halted his progress. He was linked with a move to Everton, but he turned it down as he felt that he had less chance of getting game time if he left Bristol City. After 6 years at Bristol City, he joined current team Scunthorpe United. In FMH, Ribeiro is a great prospect and he grows well with IT. He's a solid defender and can do a decent shift for pretty much any team. For FMH14, I'd expect him to have a stat increase as he got decent game time last season for Scunthorpe, and he proved his worth. He will be a solid signing for your squad, and he will be picked up cheap enough due to playing in league two. Definitely worth buying in the new game, he's good enough for a top end championship, or even a low end Prem team.

Stats after one season of IT:

01mw7wg.png

9. Sonny Bradley - Portsmouth:

GSxFhLs.png

Age in FMH14: 21
Position: DC
Nationality: English
Club: Portsmouth

Bradley is a promising young English defender who plays for Portsmouth. He is a 6 foot 5 monster, and he is still only 21 years of age. He started at Hull City and came through their youth system. However, he never got much of a chance with the first team and he only made two appearances for the first team. He went on loan too three different clubs; Harrogate Town, IK Frej and Aldershot Town. Aldershot was the only team he got regular first team football for and this was last season. Due to his run of form and decent first team games Portsmouth signed him up after he was released from Hull. In FMH Bradley is good and solid, he certainly is not a weak player. Due to his age he has plenty of time to grow and he will become a key squad member for whoever you manage in the game. He should have a major upgrade in FMH14 as he had a good season with Aldershot and his ability was finally noticed! Portsmouth are going to be contenders for the league two title so they will have a good squad so this also suggests Bradley will have an upgrade.

tzEIGMn.png

8. Hartlepool United - James Poole:

71leJkD.png

Age in FMH14: 23
Position: AM/F RC
Club: Hartlepool United

Hartlepool have a good youth setup, so they usually produce very good young players who fit right into their first team. This is evident from players such as Luke James, Jonathan Franks and Darren Holden. Another great prospect from 'Pool is James Poole (no pun intended). He is one of the older youth players as he is 23, but he is still considered young and with time to grow he could become great for any team. In FMH Poole is a good prospect for the future and his all round stats are very impressive for a league one/league two player! After some IT, his shooting, heading and pace are all in the green stat zone. Also his dribbling and movement are above 15 so he pretty much has great stats too be an all round striker. The only downside is his stamina, but that grew by three in one season so it could grow much more. He should receive more of a stat upgrade in FMH14 as his potential and ability is becoming more clear as the years go on, and with being relegated there is a high chance that Poole will break into the Hartlepool first team squad regularly for the new game.

p5K8ab9.png

7. Bury - Nathan Cameron:

w6moK0O.png

Age in FMH14: 21
Position: DC
Club: Bury

Bury was quite hard too choose from, the overall squad quality isn't up too much so it was picking from a bad bunch basically. However, after deeper looking at their current squad in real life, and I found this young gem from Coventry City! He got decent game time at Coventry, after he appeared in almost half their matches for two full seasons. But Bury picked him up after they were relegated in hope that he could help them push for promotion straight away. He's a good young English defender and is solid for Bury. Even in FMH he's pretty solid with good defending stats all round. All of his physical stats are 15 and over so he's pretty much an animal in your defence! After a good season with Coventry last season he should pretty much be as good stat wise as he was, maybe even better!! He's now a year older and maybe this means his stats will improve as he matures as a player, definitely worth a buy in the new game.

Fuo5vNT.png

6. Peterborough United - Tommy Rowe:

DPdfzWn.png

Age in FMH14: 24
Position: D/M LC
Club: Peterborough United

After breaking in to the Stockport in 2006 as a youngster, Rowe became a first team regular for the next two seasons. After these two solid seasons, he got a move to Peterborough for a reported £300k! He instantly became a success and got into the first team. For the last three seasons he has been a first team regular and looks set to continue it going into the new season. Rowe may be relatively unknown to many FMH players, but he seems to be a real hidden quality within the game! His stats are all round too notch. With crossing, dribbling, tackling, technique, movement, positioning, teamwork, pace and stamina all 15 or above; it shows how quality he really is. He also has five more stats that are 13/14 so with some more IT then even these could reach green too! I am sure that his stats will increase in FMH14 as he has shown how quality he is recently and he has been one of Peterborough's most consistent players when he played. Rowe is certainly worth a buy in FMH14 and I predict that he will be able to slot right in too any team, maybe excluding the top, top premier league teams. But he should fit into any other prem team such as Newcastle or Everton.

fbnGWvJ.png

5. Bristol City - Sam Baldock:

UMo84jW.png

Position: SC
Club: Bristol City

As some of you may know if you read one of my posts in 'Football manager memories' you'd see that one of my favourite ever FM players is Sam Baldock. I used him for the first time in FM2007 and since then I've always followed his career and looked out for how he's doing. He started his career at MK Dons and it took him three years to break into the squad, but in his debut season he made a massive 40 games and managed an impressive 12 goals in those games. He then had 2 more seasons in the first team at Dons and then got his big move to West Ham United. He helped United gain promotion to the Premier League and then moved to Bristol City only a year after joining West Ham. Baldock is a good, solid striker in FMH. His stats are very good all round! Dribbling, passing, shooting and pace are all green stats proving how good a prospect he really is. He is still rather young at 23, so I hope you can utilise him to the best of his ability, as he will surely get a big upgrade too his stats as his footballing ability is coming on tremendously.

HwtUvzu.png

4. Reading - Adam Le Fondre:

d7LE40b.jpg

Age in FMH14: 26
Club: Reading

Adam Le Fondre is one of those players who everyone seems too like! He's had a relatively successful career considering where he started. He started at Stockport County and scored on his debut at 16 years of age. After 3 successful years at Stockport, he moved too Rotherham. He featured in every single game for Rochdale in his first permanent season and helped them reach the playoff final. The next season ALF had an even better season, and finished as too scorer and picked up various player of the year awards. Then he got a move to Rotherham United, where he again guided a side to the playoff final. He managed 30 goals in that season, attracting interest from championship sides. He had a good season after this and then got a big move to high flying Championship side Reading. He helped them win the league and then had an amazing season in the premier league as he won Reading player of the season scoring 14 goals, despite the club being relegated. In FMH, Le Fondre is a no nonsense striker and he can get the job done for you. His stats are very good all round, and he can do a job for pretty much any team! Definitely a recommended buy within the new game, guaranteed goals for a reasonable price.

oYS7ig0.png

3. Wolves - Björn Sigurðarson

9jwjiVz.png

Age in FMH14: 22
Nationality: Icelandic
Club: Wolves

This lad is great, and his name is certainly a mouthful isn't it! Most people will know of him, and know who he is. However, I'd imagine not many people have actually used him in FMH. He started his career at Iceland top division outfit IcelÍþróttabandalag Akraness. He played 30 games in his first year there scoring 6 goals. He then got a move too Norwegian side Lillestrøm where he made 70 appearances and scored an impressive 17 goals in his time there. After his impressing form at Lillestrøm, Wolves picked up Sigurðarson for a reported £2.4 million. He has played 42 games in his time at Wolves, scoring 7 goals which is a good return for a winger/forward. He is a very solid player in FMH and his stats certainly back this up! After some IT, his stats improve dramatically!! In FMH 14 I feel his stats won't increase nor decrease too much. I think they will probably stay around the same. He should be a pretty good buy for most teams and will do a decent job for you for a pretty reasonable price.

YQi0HtW.png

2. Wigan Athletic - James McClean:

XwdITM4.jpg

Position: ML
Nationality: Irish
Club: Wigan Athletic

This was quite a shock too me when I was researching this content, as I didn't know McClean had left Sunderland! I'm not sure of the ins and outs, but there must have been good reason to why someone of his ability dropped down a division. He's had quite an average career, making his big break at Derry City where he was a key player. He then managed to get a move to Sunderland for around £350k! Over his two years at Sunderland, he made 59 appearances, scoring 7 goals. He was born in Northern Ireland, but he decided he didn't want to represent the Northern Ireland at an international level. Instead he waited until he was eligible to play for Republic of Ireland and represented them at the international stage. McClean is quite solid in FMH. He signifies the 'ideal winger' in FMH, as his crossing, dribbling and pace are at such high numbers. I'm unsure on how his stats will go in FMH14, but I assume they will increase as he has been solid for Sunderland, and with Wigan he will get plenty of first team football too prove himself. So he should definitely be worth a buy in the new game, as he will do a shift for your team.

rkzzgoW.png

1. Queens Park Rangers - Löic Rémy

TKYEOrr.png

Age in FMH14: 26
Position: AM/F RC
Nationality: French
Club: Queens Park Rangers

Rémy is probably a strange option here, since he's so well known. However, I feel he is the best player that QPR have (it was hard to choose between him and Taarabt). I know he is on loan to Newcastle so he technically isn't playing in the championship, but he is still a QPR player. He started his career at Lyon where he failed too impress. He then moved to OGC Nice where he made 68 appearances scoring an impressive 26 goals. He proved how big an asset he was In his time at Nice, and was bought by the French champions at the time, Marseille. He was a key player for Marseille in his time there after playing so well. He then moved to QPR in hope to keep them safe from relegation from the premier league, but he failed and they went down. In FMH, Rémy is a really solid striker! I have used him quite a lot, and whenever I do he scored bag loads, and gets plenty of assists too. His stats are just amazing all round, and he could fit into any top side in the game. I highly recommend picking up Rémy in FMH14, despite him not being unknown he is still worthy of topping my list.

8nzypgR.png

I hope have enjoyed this guide and it helps you pick up some of these players, some of which you may not have heard of. If you enjoyed this then please leave a comment to show your appreciation. Thanks for reading, cheers.

Haven't has the chance to read the whole thing yet, but it's a great idea, I'd never have thought of it. It's clear you've put a lot of effort in too. Well done AS

ALF :wub:

No, but seriously fantastic work AS. We can clearly see you put a lot of effort into this and it has paid off, fantastic read. Liking the depth in each player. 

Cheers for the support lads :D unfortunately the full guide wouldn't centre for some reason so it looks uneven :unsure:.

C8 - yeah I put him in for you and Franco, I'm a considerate being ;).

Great top 10 AS. But I would change the title to "Top 10 players from relegated English teams in FMH14".

Great article, AS.

But I agree with Grave. It should be this.

It also leaves the possibility for you to make more guides from different nations(IE: Spain, France, Germany etc).

Cheers lads :). Title changed!

Great work AS, shocked that Remy is the only QPR player on the list as I could name a few great ones including Julio Cesar though brilliant work nevertheless :).

Yeah I know QPR have a good standard of players, but as I said in the intro I wanted to pick one player from each team as if I didn't then it would be pretty much only championship teams! Thanks though :).

France? Its upsetting that you aren't the first one to do this to me but it has happened before, but still 'e' is no where near 'o', come on man!