Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Ashez' Tips And Tricks For Career Posters:

Ashez

Ashez' Tips And Tricks For Career Posters:

I've been asked a few times recently about how i go about updating my careers so today i bring to you an article which should show you guys some tips and tricks i've developed over my years on the site. This article will mostly follow posting from a PC or laptop as this is the method i use and AS has a good guide for all you mobile users, however this doesn't mean you will not pick up a trick or two.

Posting Device:

If you have a PC or a laptop use it, posting from a mobile device takes twice the time and it's twice as fiddly and frustrating. A PC is quicker because you can upload multiple images at once while also keeping them organised, coding is also just a click away and it generally leads to less mistakes. If you however do not own a PC and you're only option is to use a mobile device i'd suggested reading This fantastic guide by AS once you've finished reading here.

Organisation Is Key:

Being organised is one of the most important things for us career posters and i'll now go into the system i use.

Image Collection:

Collecting images via taking screenshots can be a messy ordeal especially if you have multiple seasons or careers images saved on your device, in the screen shot below you'll see the method i use which keeps everything easy to follow and easy to organise.

4vdpZH1.jpg

As you can see i have a load of images on my Ipod and at the moment they all look a mess and without looking you'd never know whats what and what belongs where. However you may notice the two sections i have highlighted, the two images of my Ipod's and FMH's home screen act as a breaker. For example the first set of images are for a failed test save, the image in between the two breakers is a second season screenshot from that same save and everything after the second breaker is random stuff i took for this article. You may not always know what the images are for but this system will always ensure you know which ones group together, i remember telling MM and Leroy about this system and their minds were blown.

Image Organizing And Sorting:

After you have the images on your device it's time to move them to your PC, keeping your files organised on the PC makes looking for files quick and easy and the more in depth you go the easier the system. Let's take a look at the system i have in place.

jHq26AK.jpg

The first stage of my organizing chain brings you to these files, from this image you can see i have all my careers in one section and everything else in their desired area, i now can find what i'm looking for in seconds.

EIAkPW2.jpg

If you enter the careers folder you'll find this section, in this area you can see i have all my played and attempted careers split into challenges. For example if i enter the double trouble folder i'd be able to find all the information for my Ronaldo and Messi attempt.

l4S1qG8.jpg

I've skipped a step so you can't see what saves i have hidden away for a rainy day but if you went into the 1000 goal challenge folder you'd find a list of strikers names like Jesus Moyano and Castillo, if you enter this folder you'll find the image above. As you can see by my example i have all my images organised by seasons which makes updating careers a breeze.

Once you have the images needed organised on the PC it's time to move them onto an image hosting site, i personally use and recommend Imgur.

Image Hosting:

The organisation doesn't stop just on the PC as keeping images organised on your hosting site of choice can also keep things nice and simple for you. The only downside to Imgur is you can only have one tier albums so you'll have to drop the season by season organization for a more career based one as shown below.

zkTLAmH.jpg

From this screen i can enter any of my uploaded careers and find specific screenshots in no time!

Image Uploading:

Uploading an image to Imgur is a breeze as you can upload multiple images at once from a PC. Once the images are uploaded you can change an option on the left hand side of the screen to show images which aren't currently in an album.

rgCCy2d.jpg

For example imagine these images are for my season one update for my double goal challenge, i now have all the images i need for said update in one place and ready to go. Make sure that once you are finished with the images you move them to an album, this means that the next time you want to post an update you can use the same system! Trust me this is a real time saver! I'd also suggest having the same folder open on your PC as the images are quicker to go through this way as Imgur does change the uploaded order.

That is basically the image side of this article complete, all you need to do is develop your own style and post the update.

Saves:

Back Them Up:

I can not tell you guys enough how important it is to back up saves! I personally always have at least three back ups which are the save i'm playing which i save roughly every month, a yearly back up on my Icloud account and i also have a back up on the PC which i update every few seasons. This may seem like over kill but it ensure i never lose a save or if i do i never lose too much, a vital ingredient in the career posting process.

Play Ahead:

I've always told people to play ahead in saves and for some people this is a rather controversial opinion to have, however i have this opinion for the good of Vibe. Playing a few seasons ahead ensures you are committed to the save and proves that you wont be posting a one season wonder, it also gives you updates when you need them. We've all been in the position where we're desperate to update but we've not had chance to play the save for whatever reason, this process can get around this problem and it ensures the community has something to read. My personal updating style sees me update every other day in the week and occasionally on the weekends, do you think i could update this fast playing in real time? Playing a head can also mean you finish the save in game before you've finished posting, this can give you time to get your next challenge started so Vibe has a shorter delay between your FMH adventures.

So that is it for my tips and tricks article on career positing, what do you think about my tips? Do you use any of them or have any of your own? If so please let me and the other know!

Thank you for viewing, hopefully you learnt something new and if you have time please remember to leave a comment.

I do this to some extent. I have folders in my dropbox which means I can have access to the saves/screenshots on my mobile, my mac and my browser. I usually only upload them to imgur when I want to post an update, though.

One thing you can do is to rename your files like this:

Season 1 - 1, Season 1 - 2, Season 1 - 3...

Season 2 - 1, Season 2 - 2, Season 2 -3...

If you're using Windows you can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager (but there are other free software options that do this) to batch rename files. You select all files from season one and you say you want to rename them all by making their filename start with "Season 1 - " and then select one or two digit numbering and the software will rename all files starting from 01 to 25 (example).

Great guide Ash :)

I always had a template for my 2KC, helped me make sure I had all the pictures and didn't miss anything out. Playing ahead is also a good idea and in hindsight i wish I'd done that, sometimes it would take quite a while in between updates.

Templates can also be a good idea, i used to use them but i found the coding went funny so i stopped bothering.

Cheers Affan.

Make a template while doing an update, then remove the images and save it. For example for one of mine my template would be just bolded and underlined headlines, then when i wanted to post an update i'd C+P it into a post and just insert my images.

Cracking content. I've considered something like this before but you've done it better than I could :P

Cheers for the mention on my guide :)

I also just have the previous season in the notes and my phone and just copy the images on :)

Cheers AS, i almost started talking about mobile uploading then i remembered you guide so i removed it and focused on the way i do things :).

Prize: A difficult question to answer, personally i like to play 3-5 seasons before posting as that gives me a weeks worth of updates which gives me another week to play more of the save.