Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Stamina Bug: Is it fixed?

Dec

After I proved that there is such thing as The Stamina Bug in my Comprehensive Study there was a 6.1 update introduced by Sports Interactive. Within this update's patch note were several indications that the infamous bug has been fixed. I am now going to do the same again as I did in the study on a brand new save to see if it has truly been fixed.

6.0 v 6.1:

As we found out with our 10 year test the Stamina Bug was rife. It was influencing 42% of players in 2019 in which totalled 3200 players with 10 or under stamina. In 6.1 this was a different story as only 2701 players had this, a huge 7% difference in which is 500 players! Given that this was an increase of 1100 in 6.0 but only 400 in 6.1 it shows that the bug has come far and as youngsters replace older players whose stamina may be good still it is no surprise there is an increase. The massive difference is very promising and certainly an indication that less players are suffering from this bug.

gallery_1_1_2863.png

Final Points:

Something I didn't include in the original test in which was a massive oversight was 9 or under. 10 is quite average but manageable for an attribute though players can fluctuate between 9 and 10 due to injuries; and hence why I included it. 9 and under though is often bad and from the tests I am happy to confirm the percentage between 2014 and 2019 is exactly the same at 19%. Only 1532 and 1487 players had very poor stamina and therefore it is even throughout. While more "mid-range to poor" players are available - probably due to aforementioned youngsters, there are the same amount of very poor effected. 

Conclusion:

All in all I think it is safe to say the bug isn't as game breaking or obvious any more. While it is yet to be seen how players react in a save and if big players still are regular sufferers; something you cannot get with just statistics, the signs are promising and it looks like Sports Interactive have listened to users and fixed the issue. Three cheers for SI!

Just think, youngsters are going to be less in stamina than at the start of the game as older players retain stamina better than younger players can start with it. Most are actually 10 and the percentage of the players who are orange or red is exactly the same (19%) in 2019 as in 2014.

Seeing as the bug seems to be fixed the next thing to see is whether or not attribute growth has been affected because some players just didn't seem to increase their stamina either (eg. Youri Tielemans).

I've had him on a save for his entire career and he just can't seem to get above 11 stamina, no matter what I try to do with him- as a result his usability is limited despite him being the best central midfielder in the game (by FAR).

There were changes to player recoveries so it seems as though that issue has been fixed.

@ Ashez: Even if it was slow (which it admittedly was) this update has produced one of the greatest changelists I've ever seen because every single point addresses something big that has been happening since v6.0 or addresses something that has had an effect on the game for years which they just never bothered to touch until now.

Agree with Keravlin that they should be given a lot of credit for the amount of changes they've made. Whether it's all for the better is another matter, for another topic thread, I suspect - some things like recovery time from internationals and player ratings/morale seem to be a bit iffy now.  But in the end, you just adjust.