Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Perspectives Of Play: Is FMH Just A Management Game?

Ashez

Perspectives Of Play:

Is FMH Just A Management Game?

The game we all know and love is called Football Manager but is playing as a manager the only way to play the game? In this article i'm going to post a few ideas myself and others have had which should give you a few more perspectives of play when you start a new save. Granted some of the ideas are more fleshed out than the others and most of them are slightly hindered due to the nature of the game but they can still be fun and unique stories on Vibe. 

1. Director Of Football:

This is one many of you will already know about as William posted it on the site many years ago and due to this being someone else's challenge i don't want to go into it in too much detail but i'll explain the basics. When playing as a director of football you become second fiddle on the save to your assistant manager who in actual fact is the full manager, with you being the director of football. In this role your job is to help the manager out with tactics and the running of the club like bringing in players and media work but having no involvement on match days via holidaying. 

For more information on this challenge please check out Williams challenge found Here

2. Scout:

Scouts are extremely important in the world of football and FMH offers you the chances to play as one, again like the challenge above your assistant manager will move to head coach while you'll move to the head scout position. From this position it'll be your job to find players who are good enough for your club, once found you'll add these players to a shortlist and holiday the transfer window with the buy from shortlist option turned on. When you return form your holiday the manager will have signed some of your recommendations. Searching for players can be as involved or non involved as you like as you can search for them in many ways like using the search features, using Vibe, going through teams one by one or from players you've played against, this is the type of challenge where you need to try and remove all previous knowledge of footballers out of your mind. 

Find my original challenge for this Here

3. An Investor:

Playing as an investor can be an extremely fun side project to a main save, in a challenge set up like this you play as one club like normal and you play it however you like while you also select a club to invest in. Then every season using your main club you buy the worst player from your investment club for however much you want to invest, this way you are pumping money into the club you are the investor of. The idea here is you keep investing with the end game of bringing success to your secondary club and with the AI improvements to transfers and squad development you could build a new super power! I've personally done this type of career and i found it extremely fun and challenging, you can find my career Here

4. Medical Team:

An idea that is floored from the get go due to the way training is handled within Football Manager Handheld yet it does give you the possibility to play as a member of the medical team. The idea here is once again your assistant manager would become the full manager and your job would be to keep everyone fit and healthy, if you came up with some sort of points system for keeping players fit or getting them back earlier than expected and so on it could soon become an interesting yet challenging story. With the footballing side of things being covered by the manager it would be up to you to fiddle with the training schedules to not only keep players healthy but to also help them develop into world class stars. As i said this idea has problems due to the amount of available training schedules yet it would be a completely unique story on Vibe.

That's all i could come up with but i think they are all interesting ideas which could be expended to great adventures within FMH and as always i'd love to hear your opinions, ideas and views.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers lads, another new idea is playing as the owner due to the editors. It would be a brilliant story career if someone holidayed as an owner but used the editors to change manager and what not, not sure if the IGE can edit funds of teams you're not managing but if it can you can go rather in depth.

The possibilities are endless if you're creative enough :D. My last holidayed story was about Rafa the wet sock bandit for crying out loud lol.

I might try the Investor one. The owner challenge would be no fun since you could do so many things with the IGE like putting up to 800$M funds or increase the club reputation the players ability. I personally don't think a challenge/career were you could use IGE would be good since you can change evrything.

I might try the Investor one. The owner challenge would be no fun since you could do so many things with the IGE like putting up to 800$M funds or increase the club reputation the players ability. I personally don't think a challenge/career were you could use IGE would be good since you can change evrything.

I agree, for it to work and be interesting you'd need a trust worthy and sensible member who knows how to keep things interesting. I've personally done the investor one as a story on the site and it was such a good laugh.

I agree, for it to work and be interesting you'd need a trust worthy and sensible member who knows how to keep things interesting. I've personally done the investor one as a story on the site and it was such a good laugh.

I've read your post and it's very fun and interesting. Maybe if the owner one was done by some one who uses IGE good could do a fun post like yours

I've been thinking and maybe a good idea to do owner mode would be to do an interactive experience. Here everyone would vote for the team to own. And the participants would decide who to buy, who to sell, the transfer funds, the coach, etc.

@Pip: Thanks mate

S4N: That could work well actually, Vibe would be the members of the board kind of thing.

That's what I thought I'll try to develop more the idea and maybe post it.

S4N: That could work well actually, Vibe would be the members of the board kind of thing.

Love it! PM me if you want any ideas ;)

Love it! PM me if you want any ideas ;)

I will when ever I start to work it out, if anyone has any idea just PM and we can discuss it and add into the idea :D