Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The "Ultimate" Players in FMH2015: An Analysis

Dec

The Ultimate Goalkeeper In FMH15: An analysis

Hello all. We have the eagerly awaited Ultimate goalkeeper to share with you. I'm sure that you will all find it extremely interesting.

The Players

• Manuel Neuer
  • Petr Cech
  • Thibaut Courtois
  • Gianluigi Buffon
  • Iker Casillas
  • David De Gea
  • Jan Oblak
  • Marc-Andre Ter Stegen
  • Joe Hart
  • Hugo Lloris
  • Bernd Leno
  • Wojciech Szczesny
  • Keylor Navas
  • Samir Handanovic
  • Igor Akinfeev
  • Fernando Muslera
  • Jeronimo Rulli
  • Kiko Casilla
  • Diego Alves
  • Claudio Bravo
​The players are selected by the top 20 for value.

The Result

7MAb2nf.png

My first thought after looking is that communication is only 12! IMO communication is very important as it will help defenders. It will also be very useful for Sweeper-Keepers. The highest stat reflexes is a miniature surprise but is very important so if the ball is deflected the keeper will be quick noticing and maybe get to it. Making good decisions is important as is their aerial ability.

Conclusion

Goalkeepers should have great handling and should have great agility as that's very important as a goalkeeper. I'm still shocked about communication. I wasn't very surprised about anything else. Goalkeepers don't need that much stamina because they don't do much of the running cnstantly throughout the match stuff. I predicted movement would be 15 but it's actually 13. I thought this because they should have quick movement to come out for 1 on 1 situations. The rest was all what I thought. Thanks for reading and please remember to leave a comment

(STAY TUNED FOR MORE)

Surprising indeed.

I expected to see all green on the left except technique.

If no green maybe a 14 in between but 12??

Movement should be changed to throwing btw.

The "Ultimate" Defender Left/Right in FMH2015: An Analysis

After looking at FMHAberdeen's take on which attributes a striker needs I disagreed with the a few things. I therefore had a discussion with him and with his help I decided to take the top 20 valued strikers in the game and put their attributes together to find an average. In theory this created what a striker needs to be succeed and is a good base when looking for a forward. Please be aware though this wasn't gospel, always try and get a striker that fits your player role by judging his attributes to the roles, both this and the "Ultimate" Wingers analysis were well received so we are back again to do one for Wide Defenders!

The Players:
As mentioned above I sampled players based on their value. The top 20 was decided by myself and fmhaberdeen fan as this would give a good base of what FMH values as good quality. This was taken from a game with a large database on the first day of the season from an unemployed manager. The players used were the following (in order of value):
  • Philipp Lahm
  • Jordi Alba
  • David Alaba
  • Cesar Azpilicueta
  • Juan Bernat
  • Mattia De Sciglio
  • Luke Shaw
  • Ricardo Rodriguez
  • Alberto Moreno
  • Leighton Baines
  • Fabio Coentrao
  • Pablo Zabaleta
  • Dani Carvajal
  • Lukasz Piszczek
  • Rafael
  • Adriano
  • Danilo
  • Kyle Walker
  • Kevin Grosskreutz
  • Martin Caceres

The Attributes:

med_gallery_1_1_7869.png

It perhaps comes as no surprise that the wide defenders are very similar to a winger. Both need to possess high crossing, decisions, movement, teamwork, pace and stamina for their roles and as the modern wide defender gets more attacking due to the birth of Inside Forwards and Playmakers on the wings a high crossing, movement and stamina attribute set is important for them to fulfil their duties with the ball. Teamwork, decisions and pace however are needed in both parts of their game as they look to work with their defence to stop conceding as well as get forward and interlink with players. Pace is useful for getting up the pitch quickly as well as keeping up with them rapid wingers that they are up against with good decisions telling the player when to go and join the attack.

For the defending side tackling is a key area of the wide defenders game and is the second highest attribute with decisions and teamwork. The ability to win the ball back with the right technique and positioning is the primary focus of the wide defender's play and it is important that they are good at this to be able to protect the goal when the situation arrives.

In Conclusion:

Wide defenders don't just need defensive attributes or attacking attributes but a mixture of both. While high defensive attributes such as tackling  and positioning is important the ability to join in with attacks is important especially when using a wing back and Inside Forward combination. Good crossing, movement and stamina can make the player not only good at stopping attacks but contributing to your own too. The role is primarily defensive but is now modernised to include more attacking attributes too and it is important that your player should have the attributes for the job. All in all the wide defender role is now one of the most versatile positions on the pitch so your players need to be able to possess the skills on and off the ball.