Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The "Ultimate" Players in FMH2015: An Analysis

Dec

The "Ultimate" Players in FMH2015: An Analysis

After looking at FMHAberdeen's take on which attributes a striker needs I disagreed with the a few things. I therefore had a discussion with him and with his help I decided to take the top 20 valued strikers in the game and put their attributes together to find an average. After the immense popularity of this we decided to continue it for more positions. Here is the collection of all of them:

gallery_1_1_1835.png

After looking at FMHAberdeen's take on which attributes a striker needs I disagreed with the a few things. I therefore had a discussion with him and with his help I decided to take the top 20 valued strikers in the game and put their attributes together to find an average. In theory this will create what a striker needs to be succeed and is a good base when looking for a forward. Please be aware though this isn't gospel, always try and get a striker that fits your player role by judging his attributes to the roles.

The Players:
As mentioned above I sampled players based on their value. The top 20 was decided by myself and fmhaberdeen fan as this would give a good base of what FMH values as good quality. This was taken from a game with a large database on the first day of the season from an unemployed manager. The players used were the following (in order of value):
  • Lionel Messi
  • Luis Suarez
  • Falcao
  • Karim Benzema
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
  • Sergio Agüero
  • Robin van Persie
  • Carlos Tevez
  • Robert Lewandowski
  • Wayne Rooney
  • Gonzalo Higuaín
  • Mario Balotelli
  • Diego Costa
  • Alvaro Negredo
  • Edin Dzeko
  • Edinson Cavani
  • Stevan Jovetic
  • Mario Mandzukic
  • Daniel Sturridge
  • Romelu Lukaku

The Attributes:

med_gallery_1_1_11100.png

Taking these 20 players I calculated an average attribute set based upon the strikers. It is pretty standard for the most part you expect shooting, decisions and movement to be high. However the ones that are a bit less note worthy are a player's ability to dribble, pass and use the ball. These are in the form of dribbling, passing and technique and show that if you want a top striker then they shouldn't be just able to hit the ball into the back of the net they need skills to use the ball, link up play and even craft chances for others with their passing and creativity. Players also need to be physically primed for action with high end pace, stamina and strength. Though it should be noted that Lionel Messi is the highest valued striker and his strength is only 8 so therefore a high attribute isn't needed but can help out muscle the defenders and give the player an edge.

In Conclusion:

Strikers obviously need shooting, decisions and movement  to be high but also need an all rounded game with good dribbling, passing, technique and creativity. However he doesn't need high aerial ability as not all strikers are good with their head but of course like every attribute, it wouldn't hurt. Some strikers can also be selfish and if you are looking for a natural goalscorer then this isn't always a bad thing so embrace this and set their role accordingly.

With pace, stamina and strength, you can say a pacey striker helps on one-on-one situations but it isn't the most important attribute and while a lot of strikers have high strength (as proved above) Lionel Messi breaks this mould and as the most expensive valued forward in the game this isn't to be ignored. However stamina is vital for a striker, to run 90 minutes without tiring to take advantage of opposition tiring to give extra room for him is key to get them last minute winners and one that is a must for all forwards.

Great work and I'm delighted to find out the things I search for are indeed the important ones :D

I always search by solid physical stats, passing so they don't break down moves, technique for obvious reasons, dribbling so they can break away and again not lose the ball, ariel ability as I want as many goals as possible then the standard striker stats such as shooting and movement. The only one I've constantly overlooked is creativity but due to what I want from a striker that could be seen as a bad thing as you would think it would lead to more assists.

Anyway great work lads, it would be good to see this for all areas/roles :).

Very interesting, Dec.

Creativity is not necessarily a must for a striker but gives a lot of options and it's extremely useful when switching to a new formation in-game dropping to AMC behind a fresh striker with lots of energy to burn. Players such as Pato do really well as an AMC with their 'strikers attributes' coupled with high creativity.

There's a couple strikers past their peak perhaps that's why the pace isn't green.

Selecting strikers by value + age would probably see that pace turn green.

Very interesting, Dec.

Creativity is not necessarily a must for a striker but gives a lot of options and it's extremely useful when switching to a new formation in-game dropping to AMC behind a fresh striker with lots of energy to burn. Players such as Pato do really well as an AMC with their 'strikers attributes' coupled with high creativity.

There's a couple strikers past their peak perhaps that's why the pace isn't green.

Selecting strikers by value + age would probably see that pace turn green.

Of course it isn't a must but if all the top valued strikers have it, whom in theory are the best in the world then surely it is very useful to have? Same with the pace section, not every striker has great pace but is still in the top 20 in the World.

That's what I meant to say Dec, it's useful as it gives more options to the manager and for me I particularly look at that attribute when I'm thin on AMCs so I can post them there if needed.

The 'Ultimate' Winger In FMH2015

Introduction

Hello all. Dec and I are doing a study on the ultimate player in every position. Today I'm showing you the ultimate winger. I used AML/ML and AMR/MR as the positions. I found this very interesting and am sure you will find it interesting too.

The Players:
We chose who it's based on by using the top 20 valued players

• Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Gareth Bale
  • Arjen Robben
  • Eden Hazard
  • Neymar
  • Thomas Muller
  • Franck Ribery
  • Pedro
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Andre Schurrle
  • Marco Reus
  • Raheem Sterling
  • Juan Cuadrado
  • Theo Walcott
  • Antoine Griezmann
  • Ezequiel Lavezzi
  • Julian Draxler
  • Carlos Vela
  • Kevin Volland

The Attributes:

N4XXYh7.jpg

So with the 20 players I got the average rating with all of them. Unsurprisingly Movement, Pace, Crossing and dribbling are very high. Shooting was a bit higher than I thought it would be and is a key stat. Passing and stamina is also 16 and 15. Aerial which is only at 9 is much more different than Ronaldo's 16 aerial ability.

In Conclusion:

Wingers will need great crossing aswell as pace dribbling and movement. You will be lucky to have a winger with high shooting as they will score many goals aswell as providing many assists. 15 stamina is a key stat as it will keep wingers running the whole game and will provide better performances throughout the season if they are very fit going into every game. Having good decisions is also a massive part of having a great winger. They'll need some great creativity to grab more assists and also will have a great technique. Tackling is quite low at only 9 and strength is 10. As I said above aerial is quite low and the best midfielder Ronaldo boasts a 16 rating in it. Defensive wingers aren't that and won't need heading in the box as their job isn't to head.

(STAY TUNED FOR MORE)

Good stuff!

The only thing I would add, since we're talking about "ultimate" wingers, is that those especially assigned the  Inside Forward role will generally perform at their best if they're competent/accomplished in Forward positions as well. That combined with the attributes above would make my ultimate winger.

Good stuff!

The only thing I would add, since we're talking about "ultimate" wingers, is that those especially assigned the Inside Forward role will generally perform at their best if they're competent/accomplished in Forward positions as well. That combined with the attributes above would make my ultimate winger.

Better if they are accomplished mate, it helps them to score more goals.

Good stuff!

The only thing I would add, since we're talking about "ultimate" wingers, is that those especially assigned the Inside Forward role will generally perform at their best if they're competent/accomplished in Forward positions as well. That combined with the attributes above would make my ultimate winger.

Better if they are accomplished mate, it helps them to score more goals.

Preferably yes.

Looking at the list there's quite a few accomplished forwards there which doesn't surprise me of course.

Interestingly in my Monaco career, when I retrained Thauvin as an accomplished forward his price sky rocketed. He was injured at the time so his performances didn't raise his price tag. £9m changed to £14m over night.

As for the series I think keepers would be really interesting, it's the only role I still struggle with!

I know exactly what you mean.

Struggle is a pretty accurate description.

It's the position that demands the most amount of time for me.

Good series!

most of the players you mentioned are Inside Forwards

These are all players whom are wingers and the top valued. Player role was calculated, it just happens that inside forwards is the new trend amongst top players.

It could be the chicken and the egg scenario. They could be highest valued because they are accomplished forwards/inside forwards.

I didn't explain my quoted point well enough the other day. I am at work at the moment but if anyone has a few minutes to test if a wingers price increases just by being retrained as a forward.

If the players value is linked to their positions then the highest valued wingers might not necessarily mean they are the best wingers.

Interestingly in my Monaco career, when I retrained Thauvin as an accomplished forward his price sky rocketed. He was injured at the time so his performances didn't raise his price tag. £9m changed to £14m over night.

The "Ultimate" Central Defender in FMH2015: An Analysis

After looking at FMHAberdeen's take on which attributes a striker needs I disagreed with the a few things. I therefore had a discussion with him and with his help I decided to take the top 20 valued strikers in the game and put their attributes together to find an average. In theory this created what a striker needs to be succeed and is a good base when looking for a forward. Please be aware though this wasn't gospel, always try and get a striker that fits your player role by judging his attributes to the roles, both this and the "Ultimate" Wingers analysis were well received so we are  back again to do one for Central Defenders!

The Players:
As mentioned above I sampled players based on their value. The top 20 was decided by myself and fmhaberdeen fan as this would give a good base of what FMH values as good quality. This was taken from a game with a large database on the first day of the season from an unemployed manager. The players used were the following (in order of value):

• Gerard Pique
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Vincent Kompany
  • Jerome Boateng
  • Pepe
  • Mats Hummels
  • Thiago Silva
  • David Luiz
  • Mehdi Benatia
  • Raphael Varane
  • Marc Bartra
  • Phil Jones
  • Holger Badstuber
  • John Terry
  • Aymeric Laporte
  • Inigo Martinez
  • Shkodran Mustafi
  • Marquinhos
  • Per Mertesacker
  • Leonardo Bonucci

The Attributes:

gallery_1_1_11295.png

As expected against the strikers and wingers the central defenders aren't as skillful but it is worth noting what they are good at they are superb at. This is important to note for this position, skill on the ball isn't as important as winning the ball so a high tackling, decisions and positioning  combination could be enough to be a great defender. Yet if you want a player who is amazing then they need other skills, with good heading, passing and teamwork the best defenders can not only stop opposition attacks on the ground but in the air too as well as starting their own teams' attacks. Of course defenders need to be able to cope physically with their rivals and with a lot of forwards having good pace or strength they need to be able to push them off the ball using their strength and do this every minute of the game, therefore stamina is an essential part of their game.

In Conclusion:

A central defender isn't as versatile or technical as an attacking players and the top valued players prove this; with attributes such as tackling, decisions and positioning much higher than the rest, yet they can do a superb job for the position with only a few key attributes. However of course if they are great they do have other skills, passing and aerial ability are expected to be good for the top players so they can stop all attacks and start their own. Of course though their primary job is to stop plays so unlike a striker or winger whom have multiple roles a central defender can be great for just doing this so the aforementioned attributes aren't as common as the others.

The first thing I thought when I read the list is there is a surprising lack of pace within it, but I'm even more surprised about the leadership stat as there are a lot of captains in the base list.

I'd expect to see a green 'aggression' even for an average number.

Pace makes sense since there's a few older guys in there.

Great analysis.