Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout. Do you?

Where and how to start? And should I start?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does this career make sense to play with FMH14 just around the corner?

2. 2. Where to go next?

• Australia
    • Northern Ireland
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Wales
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Germany
    • Scotland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Pride of the Asian Continent
  3. 3. Which team to pick?

• Best team in the top league
    • Bottom half team from the top league
    • Start in a lower division

iScout.jpg

The game we all love and play has a big database. And by big I mean huge. And by huge I mean humongous. Like really really big. And you can play and play and play and you'll only scratch the surface of it because you can't have a team of 1500 players. So the best way to get to know the player database is through sharing. Enter the iScouts. Vibe has a lot of them. Some members do them on a regular basis, others join the wagon from time to time, others dedicate themselves to scouting each month, others just post them as they play their careers.

But there's one problem with this. Several leagues are being neglected due to this because most people play in top leagues like England and Spain, or good leagues for goal challenges like Portugal or Holland. This means we're all possibly missing out on hidden gems in less known leagues.

Lets do a quick review of the leagues:

• Australia, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales: These are the leagues where the less skilled players are, so most people keep out of these.
  • Brazil: Some of the world's best players are Brazilian but not a lot of people play here unless they want to do goal challenges.
  • Belgium: A strange league for some and most want to leave the country as soon as possible before they become Jensified.
  • France, Germany, Italy: Great leagues, great national sides, but for some reason they become overlooked. Either because you can't play the German national team, don't like the french or when it come to top leagues you prefer Spain over Italy. Even so, Italy must have more play time than the other two.
  • Scotland: Some here are Scottish, one is brave enough to support Killie but overall, not a lot of us play there long term.
  • Portugal, Holland: The best countries to start our goal challenges due to number of games, facing mediocre teams in the cups and having just a couple of teams who stand out.
  • England, Spain: The big guns. You know them, you've played them.

So, the goal of this career is to do several careers with only one loaded league. I'm still not sure if it should be done also as a Pride of Your Country, picking only players of the same nationality of the league or without nationality limitations because there could be a croatian gem playing in France, or a burkinabe wonder playing in Germany. I'll probably try to have a good domestic player bias while still having some foreigners in the ranks. I will try to play this for several seasons, until the regens start kicking in massively. 

But I need your help! Please vote on the top for the league you want me to start in first and also pick which type of club should I pick. Remember this will be one nation only for each country (no more loaded leagues) and one club only so, as far as clubs go, I have three options:

1. Start in the leagues best team
  2. Start in a smaller team in the main league
  3. Start in the bottom division

Starting in the top league means I'll have more money and better players. Starting in the best team means I'll have (probably) the best financial situation and best players. But the downside of playing in the top league is that you don't have a team to build. Sure, you do some transfers but you'll stick with most of the players already in the team.

Starting in the bottom division means you face more teams in the league and become acquainted with lower division players. Who would've known that Las Palmas has Macaulay "The Beast" Chrisantus in the Spanish second division?

Please share your thoughts through comments and by voting because although I will make my own decision, I value your opinion. And if you voted before reading the topic, please review your vote now that you actually know what this is for :P

Hope you enjoy this!

Career Review

Torino @ ITALY: Prologue, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5

Palmeiras @ BRAZIL: Prologue, Season 1, Season 2

All rights to the banner image belong to Liverpool South Scouts

Cork City in the Republic of Ireland! :P

How many divisions are playable in Ireland? And why Cork City? You support them?

Great idea :D

I'd say go a mid-table team in the top division of each country :).

Glad you liked it. Can you explain why you prefer a mid-table team in the top division?

One is playable! Ya I live 5mins from the ground so I am in love with them! They are a mid-table team but have lots of potential. Have a save with them now and it's great fun! :)

Restored this for you Grave :).

Great! Thanks Dec. I actually used the option in Google Chrome to open previously closed tabs over and over again until I got to the topic Ashez deleted. Still had the text/images in cache so I could copy it. 

You saved me the trouble though, and I appreciate it.

I personally think it would be more enjoyable for you to play, and us to watch you go a mediocre team within the league rather than go a top team or a low division team :).

I was already booking a flight to Shrewsbury. 

Back on topic, why the league/team choice Ash? I know the King picked Ireland and Cork because he lives close to it, AS is secretly hoping I pick Killie.

Italy - Like you said an extremely under used league which needs some love, i've also only played twice this year in Italy i think so it would be cool if this could inspire me to return.

Team - The few people who do play in Italy will 9/10 use a big club so a few of the top end iscoutable players will be done and i personally are more impressed with the bargains and surpris finds, i wouldn't want you to go to small like relegation favourites but someone middle yet top end like Roma,Lazio or Inter (haha Franco).

This won't be a single season career AS. Even starting in the lowest division, in one, two or three seasons (depending on the league) I'd get to the top division ;)

About Italy, if I end up choosing a smaller team in the top division, it will probably be Il Grande Torino. Do you guys know the story behind it?

I've plumped for Wales for purely selfish reasons: that's where I'm managing at the moment. Could turn into a career, but I fear it's doomed to failure from the start. It's been quite fun, so far, so I may post it anyway :D

Back on topic, the only issue with iScouting in Wales is that it won't be a lot of use to anyone managing outside Wales. Even if you find a decent player that is available with a different league loaded, they're not going to be world class :(

Just voted. I'd say go with Napoli in Italy. Sure they already have great talent but what I would do is sell the likes of Cavani, Hamsik etc and try to replace them with unheard of gems. That IMO would be a very interesting career :)

A smaller team in the top league of......France, a lot of good youth players to sign and you don't need a big transfer budget :D

So you think you're funny, PUNK?

(Lol, it's fun being able to swear at you without fear of repercussions ^^ )

So you think you're funny, PUNK?

(Lol, it's fun being able to swear at you without fear of repercussions ^^ )

You're joking about the swearing aren't you? :lol:
Thought about some teams to pick in each league, although the decision isn't final.

Australia: Melbourne Victory or Wellington Phoenix (Played both these teams before, years ago in FM for PC)
Northern Ireland: 
Republic of Ireland: Bohemians or Cork City (Like the name of the first team and Cork because of FMH King)
Wales:
Brazil: Esporte Clube Bahia
Belgium: KV Mechelen
France: ESTAC Troyes or Stade Brestois
Germany: FC St. Pauli (2.Bundesliga)
Italy: Torino or Napoli (Torino because they used to be one of the best teams until a plane crash in the 40's, Napoli because o Maple's idea)
Scotland: Kilmarnock (because of AS)
Portugal: FC Porto (Couldn't bare facing Porto as another team. Had enough with the Challenge Cup  :P)
Holland:
England:
Spain: 

Do you like my choices or do you suggest others? Why? No idea who to be in England or Spain. You guys are the experts in these countries so you tell me who to be there, when I get to play there. Still undecided with Holland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Italy and I still don't know if it's best to start in the 1.Bundesliga in Germany.